Eye See You

Through Her Eyes (2Yeon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"By the way, do both your parents know?" Dahyun thankfully interfered, saving Jeongyeon's keister this time without knowing. Jeongyeon internally thanked her.

"Ahh.." Nayeon's grip on Jeongyeon's arm suddenly loosened when the flak with her mother this morning came rushing back to her. The atmosphere there was not bargained for but very much needed in Nayeon's case.

"That's actually what I wanted to talk about it.." Tilting her head a bit, getting Jeongyeon to look down at her.
"Jeong...I think we should tell my parents about us."

However, Jeongyeon was two steps ahead of the game. Not only did she think about what Nayeon's parents would say, but Jeongyeon had also already asked permission to date their daughter way before Nayeon thought of their situation.

"Way ahead of you, baby girl. I already got their permission."

















 

Time wanted to have her way with Jeongyeon today. From all the days she could pick on her, time chose today would be perfect. She snickered behind her glass dome, watching the worrisome human bounce from every inch in her room. Trying to move faster than her hands ticked. Jeongyeon anticipated this rite of passage, unexpected of this moment to ever arrive.

She was finally going to ask Nayeon's permission to formally court their daughter. Jeongyeon has been a part of Nayeon's family since she met Nayeon and they were her go-to place to hang out. Always welcomed with open arms and tight embraces whenever she came home, Jeongyeon made their place a second home. There wasn't anything wrong with hers, it's just she liked spending time with Nayeon. In fact, Jeongyeon has known that she enjoyed spending time with Nayeon since they met.

Jeongyeon isn't one to care about her appearance nor put at least a quarter amount of effort into how she looks. A second glance out the window to check the sky and weather, Jeongyeon already had a feeling of what she was going to wear. And that was it.

But this was entirely different, the whole purpose of all her preparations. She even had how everything would plan out in her head. Knock on door, go inside, Nayeon's mother will ask Jeongyeon if she wants her to call Nayeon which Jeongyeon will decline, the three sit down on the couch, Nayeon's mother will ask what is it, then Jeongyeon states her biggest wish: to court Nayeon.

Her hair was patted down and combed thoroughly. Jeongyeon made sure that her outfit wasn't too casual but not extremely formal to give her herself away. Her body looked like it was moving faster than the hands of the clock. The last of her concerns vanished when she shoved a new pair of bought up her feet and nearly tripped her way down the stairs.

Car keys to a car she rarely used since she got her motorcycle, were already in her gripped hand. She wasn't going to take her motorcycle. Even though her parents have seen her ride that devilish contraption for years, Jeongyeon wanted to look presentable to them. She wanted to look like the person who is worthy of getting approval to court their daughter.

Making sure to lock up her bike in the garage before getting into her jeep. Jeongyeon calmly drove to Nayeon's house, hoping her parents were the ones to answer first instead of Nayeon. She wanted it to be a surprise if her parents were to approve.

Jeongyeon was at the foot of their doorstep, shaking out all of the nerves she had out of her fingertips. Bringing a hand up, she pressed the doorbell and waited. It didn't take long for her to be face to face with soon-to-be in-laws.

Uneasiness shot up her spine when Nayeon's mother looked at her with questioning eyes. But the expression washed away when spoke.

"Jeong? Oh, Nayeon is--"

Intervening, Jeongyeon held up her hand politely to cut off whatever she was going to say about Nayeon. She wanted to get this over with and be gone. No matter the desire of her to see the girl, the reason for her coming there wasn't to see Nayeon.

"I'm not here to see Nayeon, Auntie."

Nayeon's mother pulled a face, a bit taken aback by the foreign formal tone in Jeongyeon's voice. She wasn't used to seeing this mature side of Jeongyeon. It's only been three minutes.

"Ahh.." She mouthed out, allowing Jeongyeon to step inside.

Before closing the door, the Matte black wrangler jeep was not hard to miss. She looked around for the motorbike but saw nothing. That gave her a sense that Jeongyeon's arrival had a special meaning to it.

Jeongyeon saw Nayeon's dad sitting on the couch, watching a rom-com on their flat screen. He was laughing at a scene. As soon as his eyes turned away from the screen and made contact with Jeongyeon, his legs were removed from the coffee table, the television was switched off and his hands were folded right on his lap. Remaining his gaze on Jeongyeon, he tilted his down slowly and snapped back up. Jeongyeon froze in place and didn't have to muscles to move. Even he could feel that this Jeongyeon was different so he tried to match the energy.

Nayeon's mother stood behind Jeongyeon then snickered seeing her husband act foolishly. She put her hands on Jeongyeon's shoulders and guided her to sit in the armchair from across them. Jeongyeon did not lean up. She was too tense that her back involuntarily commanded her to sit up straight.

Nayeon's mother softly smiled at Jeongyeon, but when she saw the girl did not relax one bit from her kind expression, she turned to her husband. His face made him look like a stone. Chuckling, she nudged him in the side, breaking his stoic character.

"Fufu...dear...stop that. You're scaring, Jeongyeon. What's with that look anyway?"

Her husband finally budged, exhaling from receiving the somewhat harsh elbow from his wife. He scratched the back of his head once he saw Jeongyeon was clenching her thighs together tightly and sweat glided down the girl's forehead.

"Right, right. My apologies, Jeong. Uhh...what brings you here?"

Her back still upright like a pillar. "So you know how I have a cr--how I have a cru..."

Jeongyeon tried to clear , ready to express her thoughts. But the nervous lump would not go down. It was as if the ball had jagged corners like glass that scratched Jeongyeon's throat, clinging on to the walls of her esophagus. The round piece of disturbance refused to go down that Jeongyeon was actually choking on her own saliva.

She was in a fluster and Nayeon's mother caught it, getting up to grab the girl a bottle of water. Jeongyeon took light slips before chugging the tiny bottle down the hatch. Nayeon's father was impressed and laughed, shaking his head in amusement.

"Damn, if you were gonna go through all this trouble just to get permission to date Nayeon then I would've given you my vote right away."

Still shaking his head with practical tears in his eyes, the chuckles were lower, almost inaudible.

Jeongyeon's eyes nearly jumped out of their sockets when Nayeon's father admitted his secret. Through his glasses, he narrowed his stare, seeing Jeongyeon quite shock at his confession.

"I mean, I just assumed that you knew that I already approve of you dating her, Jeong. I honestly thought you two already were." Nayeon's father's eyes darted around as if he was caught in a bad situation.

   "Yes, Jeongyeon. What he was trying to say was..."
Nayeon's mother tried to save her husband from the mess he made himself. She put her hand on his, her attention and stare on Jeongyeon.
   "You didn't need to ask permission to date Nayeon. We already gave it to you quite some time ago.

Hoping to erase any leftover questions that Jeongyeon had, Nayeon's mother gave the troubled girl a smile. Luckily, it worked and Jeongyeon's pos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter