Love Burns

Through Her Eyes (2Yeon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon entering the place that Tzuyu was leading them to, the first thing that made contact with Nayeon's nostrils was a putrid smell, something of a combination of rancid milk and sweaty socks. The impactful odor caused Nayeon's airways to swell up to protect itself from the atrocious barnyard. Pausing to turn away to see if Nayeon was still following, Tzuyu saw that the girl had stopped to cover her nose. She groaned at the laughable sight, thinking how pathetic it was for her to be affected by something humans do regularly, sweat.

 

 

Tzuzyu went over to her and egged her to continue on. Nudging her with her forearm, Nayeon was pushed a step forward before walking again on her own. When Nayeon couldn't hear Tzuyu's footsteps, she stopped walking. She listened in for the sound of tiny stepping but a ruckus that resonated of metal hitting against each other and panting. It was evident that Nayeon and Tzuyu weren't the only people in the building.

 

The atmosphere's change of scent caught Nayeon's attention. She sniffed the air for a second, no longer getting whiffs of body odor and goat breath. The horrid smell had gone as fast as it had came. It smelled rather clean in here.

 

Following that Nayeon quickly heard were beefy grunts coming from every direction. Another sound that was mixed in was heavy panting, as if someone was out of breath from running a marathon. To say that Nayeon was confused of their whereabouts would be a portion of what she was thinking about in that instant. She didn't know which way to face since Tzuyu hasn't spoken a word since they stopped walking. 

 

Finishing up her last check up with the worker at the front desk, Tzuyu waved them off, returning to the addled Nayeon who was making circles in place. Not knowing where to go and afraid to bump into anything that would cause her potential damage. Needless to admit, Nayeon was getting a bit dreary from the uncertainty of the place they were at. She called out for Tzuyu once but got no response.

 

"Tzuyu? Where are we? Where'd you go?"

 

Nayeon continued to spin around in circles, hoping that Tzuyu would grab her and lead her somewhere again. But she came to a halt when the only answer she had was the meddlesome grunts and noisy clangor.

 

Just when Tzuyu was going to meet Nayeon, a blonde lanky guy made his way over to the bewildered girl. He had a look of interest and a spark in his eye that meant nothing but mischief. He was doing, or wishfully, trying to do a set of chest presses but wasn't looking too good. He shot out of the seat as soon as he laid eyes on Nayeon. The other guy next to him jumped back from his spurt. That didn't stop the blonde toothpick from approaching Nayeon.

 

Tzuyu saw the look on the guy's rangy face and she didn't enjoy seeing that. She picked up her pace squeezed in between the two. Seeing how this stumpy fellow was more bones than meat and looked like he just started working out yesterday. Tzuyu didn't need to use much force in shoving him away before he could say anything to Nayeon. Him being a pushover was not wrong. The blonde went flying back, nearly tripping on his shoe laces. Tzuyu didn't wait for him to avenge himself, pulling Nayeon away from the rowdy hooligans pumping iron.

 

They need to watch who they let into this place. Looks like another employee to fire. 

 

Reaching their personalized station, Tzuyu released Nayeon's wrist, falling to her side.  She had this whole thing set up to accustom to Nayeon's needs. 

 

"Are you ready, Nayeon?" Tzuyu coughed, settling her hand on the giant punching bag hanging from the ceiling.

 

The same bewildered expression on Nayeon's face never left since they got there. She scrunched her eyebrows together, raising her palm.

 

Dumbfounded, she asked, "Ready for what? And where are we, Tzuyu?" 

 

The taller girl's enthusiastic demeanor, excited to get ahead of teaching Nayeon the ropes, quickly faded at the mention of her question. Dropping her head, disappointed, Tzuyu gravely sighed. She shook her head several times before lifting it up to give Nayeon look of defeat.

 

"If you haven't guessed until now, we're at the gym. My gym. Chou's Fitness Centre." Tzuyu held her head up, saying the last part with a prideful tone. She had a small gleeful smirk, looking up elsewhere.

 

Nayeon was slowly understanding where Tzuyu was going. She nodded her head, remaining soundless. Even with the information of where they were at, Nayeon's confused face stayed on. 

 

Tzuyu rolloed her eyes at this. They weren't going to get anywhere with Nayeon not knowing the reason of them being here.

 

"Remember when you told me that you wanted me to teach you how to fight? You remember that dramatic scene?"

 

"If there's anything I can do to repay you. Or you know what—it's a truce. I won't beat you up anymore."

Tzuyu didn't realize how the word 'beat up' sounded so childish. She could only think of little kids doing such a thing.

"You name it."

 

Nayeon absorbed the thought of accepting Tzuyu's kindness. It could be a trick to lure her into doing embarrassing, or for a change, she was being nice. She dug into the secret vault in her mind that kept all the deepest and darkest of thoughts. Tzuyu's abilities were something to be scared of; her power, her strength, her wealth. It was everything someone would be envious of. One of the characteristics that stood out was how physically strong Tzuyu was.

 

She thought about how she was weak and couldn't defend herself from literally anyone. The last person who came into the picture was Jeongyeon, her walking stick. Nayeon remembered all the times she had acted as her shield from the world. Now she was walking around without her rock, without her savior, without Jeongyeon.

 

That was when Nayeon determined what she wanted from Tzuyu.

 

"I want you to teach me how to fight."

 

Climbing down from her flashback cloud, Nayeon looked down and faced herself in the direction of Tzuyu. The taller girl was waiting by the punching bag, arm still extended up, examining the new piece of equipment. The fresh recollection came back to her in a flash and she nodded her head in understanding.

 

"Oh yeah. Forgot all about that since the fight with those..freshmen?" Nayeon was unsure of their grade, not partically caring either if she got it wrong.

 

"And that's why we're here, young padawan." Tzuyu lightly smacked the punching bag, smiling proudly.

 

"You are such a nerd." Nayeon chuckled, amused by the taller girl's love for the epic space opera franchise. 

 

Hearing this statement that's never been said before, Tzuyu's eyes grew wide. No one has ever had the audacity to insult Tzuyu in such a nonchalant way. It sounded more of a passing retort friends would make and the two were friends. At least, Tzuyu was trying her hardest to be civil.

 

"Okay, come here, you little-" Tzuyu groaned, stopping herself from cursing at Nayeon, "know-it-all. Show me what you're made of."

 

Gulping a small excess of nervousness that was suddenly clogging , Nayeon followed Tzuyu's voice to the punching bag. Unwanted of being whacked with the metal stick that she broke on several occasions, Tzuyu stood back from the bag, watching where Nayeon was walking. She waited until Nayeon's hand reached out to touch the punching bag. For a few seconds, Nayeon patted the soft cushion to recognize what she had made contact with.

 

"Wow, Tzuyu. When did you get so. . . thick."

 

Tzuyu gasped again, clearly entertained by Nayeon's comment. She clearly was having fun with this. The two shared a few laughs before Tzuyu snapped out of it and became serious.

 

"Haha. You're such a jokester. Get over here before I kick your right now."

 

Nayeon cracked her knuckles, chuckling as she followed Tzuyu's voice to the other side of the bag.

 

"Put these on." Tzuyu passed the boxing gloves to Nayeon who caught them easily.

 

She shoved the heavy mittens in and flexed her fingers around to adjust to the limited spacing. After a few seconds of flapping her arounds the get the gloves in a better placement on her hands, Nayeon took several breaths in and out. To hype he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter