Blue of Night

Through Her Eyes (2Yeon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took the pair a couple of hours to get everything they've wanted to admit out in the open. Something in the air told them that despite their refusal on confronting their innermost demons head-on, the fact remains. And that is that they were both profoundly struck by Cupid's bow and were deeply in love with each other. Now that they were both in Jeongyeon's room once again, alone, it was quiet between the two. Their thoughts were so loud that the possibility of them hearing what the other was thinking seemed within reach.

Jeongyeon's cheeks grew red as she tried to hold her breath. To take it out on herself, she blew her frustration into a ball of air, making her look like a chipmunk with rosy cheeks. Nayeon had trouble breathing on her own. She chomped down on her bottom lip so hard that it left a pulsating mark. Jeongyeon chose to look away from Nayeon. They had just finished watching Captain Marvel but it was only five in the afternoon, barely any signs of darkness appeared in the sky.

Come on, Jeongyeon. Since Nayeon has been hanging out at your place more often, you should make the first move. Don't waste an opportunity like this again. Do it, you pu$$y. DO IT.

The preexisting air inside her cheeks was pushing further in, causing her cheeks to swell up. The words did not want to come out. Her face was turning purple, creeping to a shade of blue. At that point, Nayeon had to burst her bubble once she heard the sounds of air being forcefully squeezed out.

Lifting a confused brow up, Nayeon turned to face Jeongyeon. "Jeong? Are you ok-"

"NABONGS, WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON A DATE WITH ME?" Jeongyeon held her arms tightly against her body, fists balled up tightly. All l the air she was holding finally came out in one giant yell.

Taking a quick peek at Nayeon after Jeongyeon's huge outburst, she saw all the color drained from her face like she had seen a ghost. Nayeon's eyes were the size of dinner plates. She didn't think Jeongyeon needed to scream the question in her face.

Nayeon didn't even have to think about it twice nor did she hesitate for a second. She gave Jeongyeon an assertive yet soft smile that almost caused the other girl's heart to pause. That smiled that could make her swim the deepest oceans and walk the farthest miles. That smile that would make Jeongyeon make ends meet. That smile that belonged to the most precious being she will ever cherish.

"Aii Yoo Jeongyeon, you're so loud. And what for? Of course, I will go on a date with you, pabo. You're gonna wake the neighbors with your loud voice." Nayeon gave Jeongyeon a slight nudge. If she could roll her eyes, then she would, at this specific instance.

Hearing Nayeon's playful tone gave light to Jeongyeon's heart. To Nayeon, she was only feigning cool for Jeongyeon's sake. She wanted to be more comfortable with her. Jeongyeon thought that they were a step closer into their not-so-called-relationship-yet. This stage was rather fuzzy; the outcome of the date would be unpredictable. Unless Jeongyeon planned it meticulously and everything went accordingly, then all would be fine. 


















 

That was two nights ago, on a Wednesday.

Tonight, at this very minute, Jeongyeon was frantically walking back and forth in her room. She was practically burning circles into the floors. Chaeyoung came over to assist her panicked co-worker and friend. But even after Chaeyoung had settled into Jeongyeon's home, the panic mode did not stop.

"Jeongyeon, what are you so worried for? You got this in the bag!"

Disregarding Chaeyoung's words of encouragement, Jeongyeon continued to pace faster. The shorter girl's attempt to get her friend to stop losing her nerves didn't work even in the slightest. This was all new territory for Jeongyeon and Nayeon.

"I haven't been on a date since freshmen year, Chaeyoung. You have no idea how nervous I am right now. And PLUS, it's with Nayeon." Jeongyeon turned her back to answer.
"Oh god. What if I up?"
Thinking about the possibility, made Jeongyeon tense up. She threw her hands into her hair, ruffling it angrily.

Although Nayeon had agreed on this date that Jeongyeon planned very carefully and precisely, there was preexisting doubt that crept its way into her head. It made Jeongyeon think of everything that could go wrong, and to her, if it could, then it would. Before Jeongyeon asked, she only had an idea of what they could do. The second part is that she didn't imagine Nayeon would say yes.

Since then, Jeongyeon spent the next two and a half days planning. Nothing but that, just extremely detailed planning. Momo and Chaeyoung both agreed that Jeongyeon was being ridiculous, at that point, saying that Nayeon would prefer something more casual. Fancy things only pressured Nayeon into doing something with equal measure.

"Holy sh-" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.
"YOU'RE NOT!" Mimicking Jeongyeon's exasperation, she slammed her hands down on her thighs.

Chaeyoung was getting tired of watching Jeongyeon chase her own tail. She had to pick up Nayeon in about half an hour and she had to start panicking after she had everything set up. Removing herself from the bedside to tend to the frantic Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung stopped herself when Jeongyeon came to an abrupt halt, spinning around so fast. It scared the daylight out of Chaeyoung, initiating her to jump back like a frightened cat.

"Jeong, what the fu-"

"Need to check the weather one last time before I pick up Nayeon." Jeongyeon dashed to her computer that was sitting atop her desk.

"You mean your 'Honey Bun'?" Chaeyoung cooed over Jeongyeon shoulder.Jeongyeon rolled her eyes then a smirk crept on her lips.

"Speaking of pet names, how's your little 'Minari Pengu'?"

The look of pride faded from Chaeyoung's eyes, even fell slightly open.

"How'd you?"

"Hmm?" Jeongyeon pretended not to know what Chaeyoung was talking about for a second.
"She texted you a minute ago."

Jeongyeon chuckled, seeing Chaeyoung gulp and then throw her back out looking for her phone. She shook her head, watching Chaeyoung find her phone on the nightstand and release a relieved sigh. The shorter girl saw Jeongyeon looking at her and tried to play it cool, rolling her eyes and adverting them somewhere else, like she had her phone with her this entire time. She grabbed her pack that was lying beside the door and called over to Chaeyoung now sitting on the bed and texting Mina.

"Don't wait up for me, Cub. I'll be coming home late. Go hang out with Mina."
Chaeyong didn't bother looking up from her phone, typing away as she answered Jeongyeon with an indifferent flick of her hand.
"Yeah yeah, don't do anything stupid, you crazy kids."

Jeongyeon gave another comical smile, jogging down the stairs. Snatching an extra helmet from the shoe rack, she went around back to the garage. Her mighty steed was waiting, the old 2017 Harley-Davidson that she managed to buy using her earnings at the pizza place.

Putting on her helmet, daylight could barely be seen through it. It was nearly tinted five times.

Kids. Jeongyeon smirked. We aren't kids anymore.

Kickstarting the machine, it roared to life. Smoke fired from the rear. The word stuck to Jeongyeon as she left her driveway, the garage door slowly closing on its own. She thought back to some of the best times her and Nayeon as kids. Jeongyeon would always get in trouble while Nayeon always tried to get her out of it. They were indeed two equitable peas in a cramped pod.

Arriving at the Im's premises, Jeongyeon's motorcycle came to a shortstop. She flicked her helmet up, catching a silhouette moving in her darkened vision.

"He-"

The sentence started, but it could not be finished once Jeongyeon saw Nayeon coming out of the house.

"I was right.." Jeongyeon whispered to herself, watching Nayeon shut the door behind her. "We really aren't kids anymore.

It could've been the sudden exposure to sunlight that her eyes were playing tricks on her. But Nayeon looked absolutely stunning in a pastel pink oversize sweater and white shorts. Her entire body was glowing like the flame of a burning candle.

"Hey, Jeong." Nayeon waved over, proceeding to walk closer, tapping her way with the cane in her hand to Jeongyeon, who still had her eyes on the deity emitting solid beauty. Her eyes were still remaining out of their sockets. Jeongyeon couldn't get her words out.

"Right about what?"

Jeongyeon forgot that Nayeon had extraordinary hearing and most likely heard part of what she said. She decided to brush off the question instead.

"Ahh, about me being a bit late. You must've been waiting quite a bit. Sorry about that." Scratching the back of her neck, embarrassingly, heat rising towards her head.

"Oh-oH. Not at all. You were right on time, actually. I thought I was making you wait. " Nayeon gave a light smile that made Jeongyeon's cotton candy face quickly switch to a bright tomato red.

"WAHHHHHH!"

Nayeon ran to the other corner of the room, snatching the empty backpack.

"AHHHHH! I'm going to be late."

She dashed across the room, carrying the bag over her head. Laying the ped bag on her swivel chair, Nayeon went to the items sprawled all over her table. She examined each one of them, feeling each one hastily.

"Other useful stuff..check. Money, wallet, ID, keys, phone, brush, mirror.."

Kookeu couldn't even keep up with Nayeon's speed. He curiously stood by and watched her run from corner to corner, barking loudly to warn her to watch her step. He stepped out of his little house and climbed the tiny steps that were attached to Nayeon's desk. He looked down as Nayeon collected the items in her bag. He went ahead and helped her, nudging the rest that she forgot to pick up into the bag.

"Alright. We're good. It's ALL IN. Somehow.."

"And I'm done with my make-up. I'm ready." Sighing and Nayeon felt proud of herself for making good time.

"Bugs? You're all set to go out?" Nayeon's mother stopped mixing her soup to look over her shoulder.

"Ahh, yes, mom. Got all my essentials."

Stepping down into the living room and kitchen. Nayeon glanced to see her mother making supper already. It s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter