Purpose (EPILOGUE)

Through Her Eyes (2Yeon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bustling corridors, cluttered classrooms, noisy chatter, bright displays, obscure tannoy announcements, friends arrive, smiles, grins, teacher enters, hush descends, register called, day begins, math, literature, geography, science, homework forgotten, homework lost, homework crumpled in bottom of bag, dog ate homework, baby puked on homework, just kidding, homework in right on time, home time, goodbyes, hurried trot to bus, slide into middle row, not cool enough for back row, daydream, watch world go by.

 

Did any of that sound familiar? Perhaps, a particular moment during high school? 

 

High school. The place for experience, to find yourself and tweak who you thought you were to be something that people forced you to become. 

 

Eventually, they had to come back. Sooner or later. It was like an old existential force that drew them back in, to return and reminisce with people that went through similar things as you. What other option was there? 

 

Millions of people attend high school reunions every year. Some have big expectations, while others just hope they'll have someone to talk to. Everyone has different experiences during high school. It just came to show how you made of your four years there. 

 

Nayeon's time in high school wasn't the best, as you could already tell. Although she had a comfortable life back home, she couldn't say the same for school.  For Nayeon, those four torturous years were an endless cycle of head down, dodging bullies, taunts, jabs, jibes, avoid any sort of contact, move in hurried scurry, shoulders hunched, stomach lurches, geek, no eyes, desperate to be inconspicuous, perch at table, wait, another day, another ordeal, seven hours dragging by, tick tock, tick tock.

 

Knowing herself, although she was bullied badly by others due to their fear of Tzuyu being stronger than their inner conscience, Nayeon made sure to be kind to people. Not to be ignorant of their mistreatment but to remain optimistic even though she was in so much pain. And then a soothing thought to mind; she was no longer that little blind girl that they mistreated. Things were different. Much different.  Also, she was on greater terms with Tzuyu. They could actually classify each other as friends. 

 

Now, she had to go back to that place and meet people that she could barely recognize and had not interest in talking to. She wanted to prove them wrong in a gracious manner but then she didn't really want to face them in the first place.

 

She thought to herself how she was free from that abominable area of indoctrination but when two invitations for their 10-year high school reunion, Nayeon's blood ran cold. For several days, she tried to put the thought of reuniting with fifty seven people, give or take a few faves who would be attending, but there was a huge interference in her choice.

 

It took a lot of poking and prodding — mostly on the part of her wife – to convince Nayeon. After weeks of indecisiveness and lots of time spent browsing through her old yearbooks, she finally made the decision. Moreover, Jeongyeon did not give her peace of mind, ranting about how it would be amusing on who turned out surprisingly hot or who still hadn't changed a bit.

 

In addition, Jeongyeon was expected to go since she was catering the event, given that the one planning the reunion had called her and they personally met up. Technically, Nayeon had no choice. 

 

Seeming like there was no way out of this, Nayeon would be attending their class' upcoming reunion. Jeongyeon couldn't be anymore excited. 

 

"It's the 10th, after all!" Jeongyeon had said to try and persuade Nayeon into changing her mind. "That's a pretty big deal, babe. And you're curious to see how people have turned out. I just know you are."

 

Jeongyeon struck a point. She did know her like the back of her hand. Nayeon couldn't dissuade that claim. However...

 

Nayeon was not sure how she felt about an evening spent with a bunch of people she hadn't seen in a decade. Sure, there are some class members she had kept in touch with. Mainly just Momo and Dahyun. But Nayeon could count them on one hand. And most of them weren't even going.

 

If she had some idea of what to expect, she'd feel a little more at ease about the whole thing – and, perhaps, a little more excited as well. For the sake of herself, she tried to rationalize that no one would be there to hit her. They were adults and should be acting civil. And the reason behind their forced beating was their fear of Tzuyu, who wasn't resentful towards Nayeon anymore. She couldn't deny that she wanted to see how her and Sana were doing.

 

Times were inevitably changing. And it had begun to dissolve into itself, as shapeless as the rain.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The night is young, so they'd say. Even with the rays of the moon spilling into their room through the transparent windows, giving off an inviting glow, this had no effect in removing the dull mood Nayeon was indelibly wedged in.

 

For Jeongyeon's entertainment and give her wife an easier conscience, Nayeon played it off like she was a pinch of excited for this reunion. She had hope that she could catch some of that pseudo-energy that was springing free from Jeongyeon. Her wife was walking all over the house, the phone acting as an extra limb since it was practically glued to her ear. She was making calls back and forth while doing what she needed to do.

 

Whenever Nayeon would ask if she needed any help at all, Jeongyeon would decline and kiss her forehead, saying "Don't worry your pretty little head over it, babe. Just get ready when I tell you to." 

 

To make Jeongyeon happy, Nayeon didn't say another word until the time came. She didn't want to add on to her wife's stress. Mika was going to have a babysitter so the two had one less thing to worry about for the night. They would only be gone for an hour or two, depending on how the night went. 

 

"You look dazzling, darling. As usual." Jeongyeon chuckled, looking at herself at the mirror.

 

Her suit wasn't spectacular in Jeongyeon's taste but it was specially made for her for her company banquet and Nayeon thought it was quite splendid i it. In Nayeon's words Jeongyeon looked "really hot and wifey material".

 

 

 

Nayeon whirled her body around, glancing over her shoulder to throw Jeongyeon a cheeky grin. She was latching on an earring and as soon as it was in place like the other one, she turned back around, completely ignoring Jeongyeon's regal compliment.

 

Getting up while exhaling largely, Nayeon strutted over to the full-body length mirror that was actually the door of their closet. With unsure eyes, she studied herself from head to toe, every repeated scan she did gave her a displeased feeling in her stomach. Seeing herself repulsed her to the point where thoughts of ripping the dress off and changing came to mind. 

 

In a tiny all black ensemble, the brown haired beauty looked absolutely stunning. The short playsuit slipped onto her shoulders, peppering her body with soft, sensual kisses. Like a lover, it seduced the senses and conveyed with utmost skill the art of pleasing. Mesh inserts gave the outfit a y vibe, showing off her toned stomach and tiny waist. Perfect for the festive season, her playsuit was covered in sparkles—something that went with the theme of this reunion. Paired with some vibrant red lipstick, eyes were surely to be attracted to such lips.

 

 

 

But in Nayeon's view, this dress made her look like an expanse of wallpaper. Then again, she wanted something inconspicuous. 

 

Jeongyeon noticed the look of disgust that was developing on her wife's face. Walking over with a small smile, she circled her arms around Nayeon's stomach and laid her chin on her shoulder. Instead of meeting her wife's gaze, Nayeon glared at her indecent image, still frowning. They both stared at each other, captivated with their reposeful silence. In heir heads, both of them were thinking what a good-looking couple they were and even their outfits matched each other's so perfectly. 

 

"Who are you trying to seduce looking like that?" Jeongyeon teased, whispering in Nayeon's ear.

 

"S-seducing?!" Nayeon flinched in Jeongyeon's arms, her face gushing red in a second.

 

"If people start flirting with you, I'm going to be mad." Jeongyeon stuck her bottom lip out, suddenly becoming a helpless puppy. 

 

Nayeon took her wife's joke with little consideration, playing with the accusation. The pessimism died down and Nayeon was focused on pestering her wife for a bit. 

 

    "Oh yeah?"

Nayeon faced Jeongyeon, their eyes on the same level since Nayeon was in heels. Placing her hand that was freshly polished on Jeongyeon's chest, she sneaked another hand behind her back, reaching for something. Jeongyeon was too focused on the hand that was on her and gulped heavily, wanting to loosen up her tie but she was frozen in place.

 

    "I don't... really..."

Nayeon's voice was transparently lascivious, slowly moving her face to Jeongyeon's, flashing her tantalizing eyes. Jeongyeon was waiting for her wife to close the agonizing gap between them. It was tormenting her with every second their lips weren't furiously touching.

 

Before Jeongyeon has the chance to infuriatingly scream " it" and crash their lips, Nayeon snatched the item she was sneaking and wrapped it around Jeongyeon's neck.

    "...have any control over people's impulses, Jeong. With your gorgeous wife looking like this, who wouldn't flirt with me?"

 

Finishing off with a mischievous smirk, Nayeon slipped out of Jeongyeon's grasp and grabbed her purse.

   "By the way, it's really cold out, so you'll need a scarf."

 

Jeongyeon needed to blink several times, trying to process what just happened. The blue scarf that Nayeon wrapped around her was so large that it covered , almost touching the tip of her nose. When Jeongyeon got over it, she dropped her eyebrows, shooting Nayeon a drained look. She shrugged her shoulders, sweetly smiling at Jeongyeon, acting like an immaculate figure.

 

To interrupt any future playful botheration, the doorbell rang. Using this as an excuse to make a break for it, Nayeon skipped down the stairs. She opened the door to a teen girl dressed in denim, her orange hair as bright as the sun. Nayeon's first impression of her was that she looked like a decent girl like the ones she remembered seeing when she was in high school.

 

"H-Hi, Mrs. Yoo. My name is Alice." She timidly waved at Nayeon. "I'm 16, by the way."

 

Right away, she noticed the girl's stutter and obviously nervous manner and laughed in her head, amused by the girl's behavior. Bewildered, this gave Nayeon a sudden boost of confidence in her own appearance. 

 

Giving the girl a welcoming smile as Nayeon stepped aside for her to walk in, she stated, "You must be the babysitter."

 

The girl bowed her head as she stepped in, her straight orange falling forward. Nayeon closed the door and Alice turned herself to the stairs as Nayeon shouted.

 

"Mika, come down. The sitter is here. Jeongyeon, lets go!"

 

Hearing her wife's booming voice all the way from upstairs, Jeongyeon walked down with their little one in her arms, bobbing her head happily.

 

"La la la la la la la. La la la la la la la. You and me in the moonlight," Mika sang to herself, swaying her finger in the air, unaware of the sitter in the room with her mother. She stopped singing and saw the dolled-up Nayeon. The little girl's eyes sparkled like the presence of a real Barbie was before her.

 

"Wow, Mommy. You look very pretty!" Mika dropped as she beheld her mother in all her glory.

 

Nayeon walked over and kissed their little girl on the head, making Mika squeal and push her mother away. Mika finally made eye contact with her sitter. And the second their eyes met, Mika was overly transfixed on the older girl. Alice and their daughter got along quite well since the first minute they saw each other, the little one astonished by Alice's electrifying orange hair.

 

"Woahhh, your hair is like a tangerine!" 

 

"Ahh, thank you, Mika. You have nice eyes." Alice was enlightened by the little girl's exaggeration and smiled widely.

 

"Thanks. I got them from my Momma." The toddler pointed at Jeongyeon.

 

The two girls were already acting like best friends in the first ten minutes they've known each other. Checking the phone for the time, Nayeon spoke up, causing Alice's ears to perk up, quickly snapping her head up and listening attentively.

 

"So Alice, our card is on the table if you wanna order some food or you're free to use whatever is in the pantry or ref to cook something up. Mika really loves Disney movies so we have a section of that on Netflix. Bathe her before she goes to bed. She should be asleep by 8."

 

All the while, Alice was absorbing every word that Nayeon was saying. At first, she was doing such a fantastic job keeping her eyes where they should but they robotically descended. The orange haired girl had to be snapped out of it by Nayeon calling out to her.

 

"Alice? Are you getting all of this?"

 

The teen's response was slow due to her panicked-gay mode. Her cheeks flashed to pink as she nodded, noticing she had been caught in the act. Nayeon smiled as if nothing happened and walked to Jeongyeon waiting in the doorway.

 

"We'll be back in an hour or two. Depends on how this lame reunion goes," Nayeon said over her shoulder, walking out first to the car.

 

Jeongyeon clicked her tongue, rolling her eyes. Her hand on the knob about to close it, she hollered, "No girls allowed, alright?"

 

Alice looked back and chuckled nervously, waving off Jeongyeon as she closed the door and hurried to Nayeon who already got comfortable in the car.

 

"Looks like she has a crush on you while our daughter has a crush on her," Jeongyeon said after opening the car door and getting in.

 

The proposition was clear to Nayeon but hearing her wife say it out loud only made it funnier. A hand flew to her face, Nayeon immediately trying to cover her stifled snickers.

 

"Kids these days," was all Nayeon could say as Jeongyeon started the car and didn't waste anymore time by teasing her wife of the happenstance earlier.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The music grew louder as they approached the front door, Nayeon's heart rate quickly surpassing the rhythmic beat coming from inside. It stopped beating completely as Jeongyeon knocked, her stomach dropping to the ground and rolling down like it was pushed down a hill.

 

A woman with a smile that seemed rehearsed open the auditorium door and Jeongyeon recognized the face without a second glance.

 

"Jane!"

 

"Jeongyeon!"

 

They hugged for a second, Nayeon felt like she wasn't there in that second, standing there with her purse tightly clutched to her front. The two parted and were told to write down their names on sticky tags that they would put on their chest. It seemed ridiculous to the previous attendees but they still did as they were told. They both may have found this annoying. But, even if their class had like 50 members, ten years was a long time. It was possible — make that likely — that there would be people present who didn't recognize one another.

 

Jane was part of the drama club with Jeongyeon. They were not extremely close but got along well. Jane had always admired Jeongyeon's leadership and maybe something more about her.

 

Jane watched as the two wrote down their names, mostly focused on Nayeon. As soon as Nayeon finished scribbling her name, Jane's eyes became the size of dinner plates. She shot her head up and stared at Nayeon who stood stunned and speechless at this sudden rebuke. Frightening thoughts raced through her mind. She felt a wave of fear rush through her. 

 

"Nayeon? I can't believe my stars. From first glance, I didn't recognize you. You look...different." Jane pulled another smile but all Nayeon did was chuckle apprehensively at her observation. She could feel that her smile wasn't entirely genuine but Nayeon couldn't do much about that but give a filler laugh to the woman's statement.

 

"Let's go, babe." Jeongyeon caught Nayeon by the waist. Nayeon looked up at her wife who smile reassuringly. That put her at ease and the two excused themselves from the uneasy situation.

 

"Enjoy your night," Jane called out after as the couple walked away.

 

Nayeon, however, could feel eyes that were filled with anger and resentment. Jeongyeon didn't let it go unnoticed and squeezed her wife's side as they scanned the dimly-lifted auditorium for a table.

 

Coming to resolve their issue was a squeaky voice that the couple couldn't mistaken. 

    "Oh my god. Nayeonie! Jeongyeon! Over here!"

Sana stuck her hand out, waving it vigorously like a flag on flag ceremony. She was rather jumping in her seat as she saw the two. Tzuyu was right next to her, sitting with her arms folded on her chest as the nonchalantly looked over to the pair.

 

 

 

They made their way over to the other couple at the round table with grey table cloth. Table 3: one of the tables that was closest to the stage. Nayeon's tight clutches on Jeongyeon's arm gradually decreased as they got closer. Nayeon walked as lightly as an acrobat. Her hair naturally bouncing up with each foot she put, one after the other.

 

Because of Sana's high-pitched call, she attracted unwanted attention to the couple. A minute had passed and numerous eyes were on them like they're were something to gawk at. It was a no brainer that the couple looked like fashionable Greek goddesses, making everyone else in the room appear penniless. The event hadn't started and people were already getting bored but since Sana gave them something to be entertained over, they got to talking about the couple. 

 

Nayeon hadn't got this much attention since...high school. This was a bit of an environmental shock. It had been years since she got this much attention just by breathing. The situation she was in right now wasn't favorable at all.

 

Her heart twisted and sunk with nerves as they finally reached the table and sat beside Sana and Tzuyu. The neon light enveloped her, coldly, as she shook. Her breaths came in sharp pants and she tried to gain control, but nothing was working. It hurt. It HURT!

 

"W̵̱̗̃͊̍̑ò̴̡͖̤̲̂̚w̶͙̜̞̥̜̹͊̂ͅ ̷̖̺̜̭̃̀̑̎y̷̜͓͗̍̑̐ö̵̗͙̪́̒̄͌̃̄͘͠ͅu̵̪̟̞͇͗̇̿̅̆͐̈̕ ̴̛͚͇̖͎̃͑̄̂͝͝l̸̡̠̾̋͂̈́o̷̫̮̪̳͠ȫ̶̻̖̟̯͕̝̘̬͗k̶̰̖͓̥͔̫̥̪̲̀͗̈́͑̍̓̓͗͘͝ ̶̡͖͙̝̪̳̐͆̈͂̕͝a̶̛̙̻̝͆̒͒̓̎͋͝͝͠m̶̫̞̺̖̳̫͇̲̹̄̑̉̊͑a̸̘͌͗̄͂̋̓̕͘͝͝ͅͅẓ̸̱͙̳̬̐̃̊͒̈́̒́̐͜ȋ̷̪̗̼̩̠͕̯̑̉̌͛͊̀͛͝n̷̛̖̘͐͊̉͗͘g̴̦̠͔̭̗̙̥͂͌̾͂ͅ,̷̢̳̫̲͖̥͔͖̬͝ ̸̻͈̦̬̱̭͋̎̈́̋̈͑̍̈́͂͝N̷̢̢̧̛̬̼͈͙̫͕̳̾͗͒̔̀͒â̴̪͋̾̂͠y̵̡̨͎͊e̷͈͔̘͇̭̗͐́̈́̐̎̀ͅǫ̴͔͉̟̻̞̱͓̣̐̈n̸͍̅̕!̵̧̨͇͈̭̻͂̇̓̈̂̉̐͜ ̷͖̱̰̩̘͇̋͊̋͠Ȩ̴̨̠̖̮̗͎̮͛̃v̶̧̧͖͙̣̗̙̫̞͂̿̈́̔̿͘͝e̸̖͇̩͉̥͊͛͜n̶̗̈̀ ̵̨͔̻̳̘̠̖͂̀̄͒͛y̸͎͙̥̥̩͍̰̳̓̈́͛̃͌͝ͅo̶̳̥̳͎̬͕͛͛͆̉̿̕͝ù̸̳͖̙̇̍͗͐̂̈́͆̿͜ ̴̡̢̛̩̤̋̈́͌̓̋̈́͛͠͝J̸͕̙̱͙̺̳͓͇̌͌̀̉̍̂̓̐ȩ̶͖̬͉̅͗̀͐͒͝͝ơ̴̘̈́̈́̓̍́̆͝͠n̷̢̢̧͚̝͉̬͇̐g̶̮̠͛͂̊y̴̨̛̳̤̱̝̱͕̫̌̇̋͝ḙ̸̡̛̛̞̼̎̑͌̆͐̕͜o̶͓͌̽͗͛͌̾̀͜͠͝͠ń̷̛͔͛́̀̆̚!̸͇͚͕̫̱̬̕" 

 

Sana gasped, awestruck at her two friends. Even though her voice was so high-pitched and clear that even dolphins in the Pacific Ocean could hear her, all that Nayeon received was muffled voices. 

 

"H̴̗̥̥̝̞̖͚̱̉͑̕̚m̷̤͉̜̬̤̊̐͆̀͆̽͒͛͠m̸̢̡͍̘̤̞̺̠̺͐̓p̶̛̼͉͇͛̄̉̚̚͝͝ḩ̶̘́̌̾.̸̢̭͖̻͛̓̈̍̉̂̆͑̓ͅ ̸̣̩̹͊͋̈́̊̅͐̀̽̈́̕͜M̷̧̼̩̆̅̈́u̵̠͓͎͑̈́̊̈́́̕͝͝ș̸̡̤̱̻̼̫̌̔ͅĥ̵̛͇͍̠̗̫̞͌̓̌͗̉̕͠͝r̶̗̂̃̏̉̍̆̌́̈́͝ö̴̢̜̓͐̓̂̏̋̅̚͝o̷̡̻̮͖̞͕̓̕m̴̧̘̬̯̫̌ ̸̡̛̪̪͗̓̎̈́̎̌͘Ḫ̴̫͔̜͈͇̞̦̣̿́̈̂̍̐̈́͆ͅe̷̫̪̾̇̈́͐͆̅͝͝ͅḁ̷̞͙̳͇̯͚̆́̈́͋̿̚͝ḓ̵̨̭̮͔͔̝̱͗ ̴̡͙̳̼̼̪̯͇̗͖̂̾̅d̸̛̝͚͋̓͛̀̉ọ̷̡͈̓̿͝e̵̢̺̭͠s̶̢̛̠͇̰̤̰̯̟̬̺̄͒̒̂̉n̶̢̛̲͓͍̩͚̟̻̺̳̒'̸͉͛͐ͅt̶̡̮̮͚̩͌̑͜ ̵̡̼̝͎̙̼̦̏͌͒̅̚l̵͔͉̭̠̞͒ō̸̧͍̎͋̿̈͗͆͗͂o̵͚͉̖̲̊́̾̉̇k̷̩̣͋̏̇ ̵͍̩͆͜a̵͉͖͎̗͍̻͎͗̎̈́͜ͅǹ̶̻̗͎̝̫̿͂y̷͍̓̉̉͌̌̆͋͑͘t̶͕͔̀̏ḥ̶̯͍̰͒́̇ȋ̴͍̤̻ņ̷̡͈̬̚͝ǵ̴̰̭̰͙͉͔͍̐̌̍̍́̕͠ ̸̹̘̝̱̭̝̗̯͛͒̊̒ͅa̶͎͓̻̓͘m̴̛̰̣̼̘̻̦͍͓̿̓̌̈́̏͊͘a̶̖̍̓̀͊̓̆̒̚͝ͅz̵͎̣̲̼̗̜̟͋̍̈́͒̏̏͒̊̓ì̶̡̢̪̺̯͙̣̬ń̴͔̞̯̱̺͓̥̠͆̎́̒̈͜ḡ̸̗̳̇̽̂́͜ ̷̼̪͓͛̕ͅt̶̤͂̇͊̔̕o̷̧͎͔̻̟̪͎̥̳͎͊̅̂̿ ̷̱̔̔̓m̶̡̬̪͈̪̅̿̽̍̈́̒͛̐̚e̴̤̹͚̮̗͊̂͊̑̆́̉̚."

 

Tzuyu scoffed as she blew a piece of hair away from her face to get a better look at Jeongyeon. She moved around in her seat to get a suitable stance that would help in bringing more insults to throw at Jeongyeon.

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes and spat at the taller one,  "Y̷͓̙̙̍̅͘o̴̡̨̤̫̲̣̱͙̜͛̉͋̅̕ų̵̻͔̭̞͖̰́͒͐̆͗̎̒͘ͅ ̸̢̪̙̮̞̺͋͑̈́͊̍̏̾͗̚͠t̷̹̔̈́h̶̛̗͓̥̙i̴̧̞͖̊͗͐̅ň̶̦̥̹̀͑́͋̌̊̕k̵̫̅͌̿͛̀̅̒͝ ̴̬͓͔̯̩͔̄̑̾͛̑̓ỵ̵̞̟̗͔͋̑͋ỏ̸̧̮͈͙̘͇̪̠̼̬͝ủ̸̦̻͒͐̎͗͝'̶̝̽̐r̷̡̮̪̩͍̺̹͇̤̦̊̆̉͛̆̀͊̉͛͒ȅ̸̡͖̯̲̳̬̭̦͊̎ ̶̛͚̭̲͚͓̫̲̐̾̂̆͘͘͝ŝ̴̢̯̻͙͓̪̹̐̀̅͌ͅo̷̞̼̼̙͖͛ ̸̞͙͆̌̐̆͝h̶̦̙̿̏̇̿͌̌̽͠ö̵̧̝̰͖̣́͊ţ̸͚̪̥͚̌.̶͉͈̦͍͉͚̲̏ ̷͍̂̌̅͐͠Y̸̛̭̞͌́̀̿̐͆̇̃̄o̶̗̩͔͍̲̯̤͓̍ṳ̴̧̲̋͆̌ ̴̳͙͙̹͙̤̯̭͈͉̿̏ḽ̶̳̬̟͓̭̥̞̋͜ͅö̵̢̡̢͓̭̘́͊̃̎͋͛̆͠ǒ̸͎̟̞͍̠̟̪͌̈́̊̋̉̕̕ķ̵̼͓͕͕̝̮̟̯̻̆͊̇͒̅ ̴̮̖̰̼̲͍̝͔̊́͘͜l̵̜̠̫̅͐̿͋̂į̴̛̱͓͚k̸̛̮̑̐̂̈́ě̶͑͜ ̸̘̜̻̦̩̜͍͙̹͔̈́̈́͌͋̓̄͝͠a̴̙͉̗̪̝͎̳͗̿͐͑͆̐̕͜ ̴̛̞͔̜̱͗̿͛́̚̚͜p̶̛͈̲̥͚̹̎̔̏̒͌͝ė̶͖̝̹͗̆̀̈́͂̿̃̄ͅr̶̨͇͚̤̲̼͆̐͐͊͗͊̑̓͝v̶̳͇̽̐̈̈́̂̄̀͆͘e̵̢̟̖̓̀̏͑̅̃̃͝͝ͅŗ̵̬̹͉͉̅̆̑̏̈́̓͘t̴̼̝̝̺̓͂͊͗͒͆͘ ̵̧̹͇̥̺͌͂͜i̷̬̋̏́̿͛͠ṉ̸͔͔͕̭̥͋ͅ ̶̧̺̻͖͍̋̐̈̋̾̈́̂̚t̸̞͕́̄̂̆͊̌͐̕ḥ̷͍̄ạ̷́̐̔̑͋̓̊t̶̹̤́́͂̅͗̾͆̊ ̴̨̪̭͚̻̝̟̮͛̏̌͝͠s̵̢͍̹̲̟̣͕̙̣̲͛̍̂ū̶͍͋̀į̴̢̛͎̻̱̱͋̀͐̄́̊ţ̴̪̯̲̪͙̊͑ͅ.̴̢̯͕̫̞̼̯͕͐̈͌͑"

 

Tzuyu tried her best to stay unfazed by Jeongyeon's newest comeback since she had been good at staying unbothered for years. A small smirk played on her lips as she looked up at her longtime rival.

 

Nayeon tried to breath calmly, but every time she looked up, there weren't any necessary words to help bring her back to reality. Words she needed that would give her some stability. Words she had waited for to ease the anxiety and worry.

 

"B̷̨̝͍̤͙͕̥͎̤́a̸̬͕̩̯̳͗̐̀͐ͅb̴̙̗̹̗̊͋̽̽̃̐͆e̴͇̒̂̚͘?̴̢͈͔̺̰̬̂͗͑̒̂̑̂͐̐̕ ̸̢̘͇̜̼͎̕͜͝B̸̫̩̍̊͊̈́̏̑̆̉̒̐A̸̡̡͓͎͉͍̜͐̊̓́͛̽͛̈́͘B̵̗̰̝̝̱̗̤̄͐̾̓͆͊E̴͕͉̾̀̿̅?̴̛̬̼̍̽͂̉̉͊̕͠!̶̖̓̅̿̀̕ ̵̪̭̻͐̀̃̈́̄H̷̡̒̈́̽̿͆̃̈́ȇ̵̢̨̧̠̠͙͔̣͂͑̒͐͆̐ͅy̵̮͇̭̜̳͈̪͚͇̤̔͒̾̈́̌͐͘!̷̢̛̘̱̗̗̖͎̪͊̒͌̈́́͆͠—Nabongs!"

 

Jeongyeon saw the horrifying look on Nayeon's face and gently placed her hands her on her shoulders, rocking her back and forth. The white noise began to be replaced with voices that were dear to her heart.

 

Slowly, the panic and anxiety attack flowed away, and yet Nayeon still shook. Her eyes, closed and aimed towards her clasped hands, sluggishly opened. Trepidation swelled through her as she slowly raised her eyes yet again to the steadily shining face of her wife. Jeongyeon's eyes were swelling with panic as they stared back at Nayeon. A small crowd gathered to check what was going on.

 

They dispersed when Nayeon got back to her senses. She realized what had happened and covered her face. Jeongyeon wrapped her hands around her wife's head, tucking her into her arms.

 

Nayeon expected to be re-living vivid memories of some of her more awkward high school moments and wondering if everyone else was remembering the same things. They probably weren't. And Nayeon definitely was not the only one. Pretty much everybody was feeling the same way (even if they trid not to show it).

 

To her horror, Nayeon walked in feeling at least a little insecure. They hadn't been here for half an hour and Nayeon was a disastrous and panicky mess. She felt like a fool just sitting there with her face buried in Jeongyeon's snug grasp. At least that was a place she could hide for a bit but Nayeon couldn't do that forever. 

 

Nayeon decided to show them who was boss and accept that she was a changed woman, no longer that little girl that would tolerate their bullying. She squeezed Jeongyeon's shoulder and picked her head up, giving her a small peck on the lips.

 

"Thank you, Jeong. I'm better now."

 

A tiny smile made its way to Jeongyeon's lips as she witnessed the anguish drain from her wife's eyes and slowly be replaced with a shimmer of glee. Nayeon's shoulders loosened up as the smile in her eyes just by looking at Jeongyeon but she was confused when noticing her wife adverting her eyes to the back of her. Her speed to turn around wasn't fast enough for someone to scare her from behind.

 

"WAHHH! Momoring, you pabo!"

 

Walking right in front of them while controlling her laughter, Momo waved at the rest of her friends. She threw her head back and cackled, still not over how she got a good scare out of Nayeon even though she didn't expect it to work. Nayeon was not thrilled at all and was now on edge again. All of them were overjoyed that Momo was there, give or take a few faces. Dahyun followed behind her, rapidly going to her side like a magnet.

 

 

 

"You act like you don't miss me even a single bit," Momo's cheerful face formed into an upset pout, pretending to be hurt by Nayeon's words as if this was the first time she called her that.

 

"Not even in the slightest," Nayeon teased in a serious tone, wiping her dress down like she was disgusted to have Mono touch her.

 

The newly arrived couple sat down next to Sana and Tzuyu, engaging in a new conversation. In a matter of minutes, the three pairs were back to chatting and busting out in laughter like they weren't in different cliques back in high school.

 

More people started to pour in and despite the auditorium being large, it couldn't look any smaller tonight with all the people and massive decorations hung up. The decorating committee really went all out for this reunion. The three pairs all whipped three heads around to see what Jeongyeon had shouted aloud.

 

"No damn way...Chaeyoung? BRO!"

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter