Come Along With Me

Through Her Eyes (2Yeon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Following up on the next day, Nayeon pulled herself together and went to school. She thought she couldn't afford another absent mark on her record, scolding herself for allowing such reckless behavior. However, deep down, she knew that she loved that ounce of freedom she felt with Jeongyeon. Not once had Jeongyeon left her mind. After Mina left, Nayeon spent the day doing anything to fill her time; listening to podcasts, talking to Yama, making dinner. Her brain would try to trick her into playing images of Jeongyeon. Nayeon would groan and shake her head violently in desperate attempt to erase them.

 

Eventually, Nayeon would have to confront Jeongyeon one way or the other. She dreaded for when that day would come, but leaving it alone would only do more harm than good for both of them. It was an easier-said-than-done type of commitment. Confrontation was Nayeon's worse enemy and her stubbornness wasn't helping either. Although Jeongyeon was straightforward, they both shared the same trait of being strong-willed at dodging encounters.

 

Lunch time came, teens scrambling out of rooms to get to the cafeteria first since a special food item was featured for the day. Nayeon was in no rush to get there. She had lost her appetite since this morning, skipping breakfast and heading straight to her car without another word to her family. They grew concerned for her but her parents decided against pummeling her with questions on what was the matter. Arriving at her locker after feeling around for the giant stickers with her name on it to distinguish its features, Nayeon popped it open, grabbing a notebook. 

 

Jeongyeon just got out of class, making her down the stairs. She was going to meet with Momo, wondering if Nayeon would be there. The lockers were on the left side while the canteen was to the right. Out of curiosity, Jeongyeon looked over to her left. To her complete surprise, there stood Nayeon, unaware of Jeongyeon's presence. There was still a decent amount of people in the halls, loud sounds of footsteps could be heard all over. She wouldn't even notice if Jeongyeon were to pass by. 

 

Should I. . . say something?

 

Jeongyeon stood at the bottom of the stairs, slightly to the side to not block anyone's path. For what seemed like the longest ten seconds of her life, she grilled herself on whether to go over and shoot a quick hello. But the after-conversation was what Jeongyeon feared for. They couldn't just simply carry on with casual small talk like nothing happened.

 

A choice was made for her when her phone went off. Jeongyeong received a message from Momo, already in the cafeteria.

 

Wats taking you so long?

 

Before replying, Jeongyeon lifted her head up to see Nayeon closing her locker and walking while tapping in the direction of the library.

 

With the confirmation that Nayeon would not be joining the them, Jeongyeon frowned a bit, feeling disappointed. She knew the situation was that exhausting for her to physically avoid both of them. Jeongyeon continued on to the cafeteria, texting a quick response to Momo.

 

Coming

 

 

 

 

 

After Jeongyeon snatched a tray and threw some food on it and paid, she hightailed over to Momo who waved her over. She was sitting by herself in the empty table. Jeongyeon's never understood why they always got that one all to themselves. It wasn't like they chased people away, the girls would actually prefer if others came to sit at the other edge or even in the middle of them. Without giving it another thought, she joined Momo in a mellow conversation.

 

"Where's Dahyun?" Putting the tray down first, Jeongyeon sits, one leg going in after the other.

 

Momo chewed on her food before answering.

   "Stuck at the office again. I'm gonna swing by after to bring her lunch."

She shrugged as a gesture of ending the scheme of her plans. Biting into her burger again, Momo anticipating for Jeongyeon to contribute something else to their chat.

 

Poking around with the fried tofu on her plate, Jeongyeon snickered at it, reminding her of Dahyun. Looking up at Momo and opening , the other girl gave Jeongyeon a confused look, raising one eyebrow while munching silently.

 

    "I saw Nabongs. At her locker."

Jeongyeon's tone was particularly low, not being able to be audible in the supreme of voices around them.

   "She's obviously skipping lunch to avoid me. I just wish she didn't. And I hope she's eating properly."

 

Jeongyeon directed her attention to the untouched food ridiculing her. Out of frustration, she abruptly stabbed a piece of chicken and stuffed it into , chewing silently with an angered scowl. Momo couldn't help but smile, feeling pitiful for her friend. Placing a firm hand on Jeongyeon's shoulder, she squeezed it lightly, staring at her with easy eyes. Momo made it her sole job to comfort both of her friends and she would gladly do it anytime.

 

   "There you go again; worrying. You're such a worry-wart, Jeong."

Momo chuckled, pushing back Jeongyeon's shoulder comradely.

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes at Momo's inability to be serious at times but still finding an area to lighten the mood. She served as the balance between both her and Nayeon. Shaking her head, a small smile formed on the side of . Stabbing another piece of food and shoving it into , Jeongyeon sighed through her nose.

 

"Can you blame me?"

 

"No."

As clear as day, Momo replied with an unconcealed tone and gregarious look on her face like it was the most obvious thing in the whole room.  

"Just shows how much you care and looooove her." Momo teased with a tiny grin on her face. She pushed her chopsticks which held a piece of chicken in front of Jeongyeon, making cooing noises.

 

Wanting to mess with Momo and get back at her, Jeongyeon was quick to catch the food in , cleaning the chopsticks right off. Five seconds had passed and Momo couldn't comprehend what had happened. Stunned at Jeongyeon's quick reflexes, Momo stared horrified at the empty chopsticks and turned to Jeongyeon who chewed away happily. She smiled, showing her teeth with some food still in. Instantly becoming grossed out, Momo made a funny face, pushing Jeongyeon's face away as they both laughed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Riding up into her driveway with a noisy entrance, Jeongyeon cut the engine quick, getting right off. She removed her helmet and breathed out. With a toss of her hair, she plumped the headgear between her hip and arm, walking to her front door. Once she got the keys into the lock without trouble, she stomped her boots down on the mat, entering in. Nobody would be home for another hour or so; even her sisters had plans of their own while Jeongyeon was stuck with nothing to do after school.

 

Carelessly, she dumped her bag on the couch, removing her jacket and hanging it up on the rack. She walked into the kitchen, seeking for something light to eat. Peeking into the fridge for a snack, her eyes laid upon half of a pasta bake her dad must've made for lunch. her lips, excited to chow down, Jeongyeon yanked the cold dish out, placing it on the counter. She dug around for a dork and quickly turned to stab a few p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter