Time Out (Part 2)

Through Her Eyes (2Yeon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I dunno who she is. Since you never really mentioned anything about her, I didn't really wanna let her in. I tried to stop her. She said she knew you." 

 

Suzy ranted, waving her arms around like she was trying to shield herself in case Nayeon would approach her. But Nayeon didn't. All she did was nod at Suzy and thanked her. She walked into the apartment, shutting the door behind her.

 

Suzy stepped aside. She wanted to give them privacy but was glued to where she stood. Instead, she scurried over the stool and sat down, trying to make as little noise as possible.

 

"Tzuyu? I What are you doing here?" Nayeon asked, taking her AirPods out and stuffing them in their case. Her face was still sweaty. 

 

Nayeon's tone was transparent of her disfavor in having Tzuyu's presence within five feet of her. She wanted Tzuyu to know that her being here was not welcome. Tzuyu did get the memo, staying quiet with a blank look on her stoic face. 

 

The taller girl sighed and got up from the couch. Approaching Nayeon, she managed to keep some space in between them.

 

"Hello, Nayeon. I know this may seem odd to you of why I came all the way out here but I would like for us to reconcile."

 

The sound of Tzuyu's voice was hushed, assuming artless. From Nayeon's perspective, it was like she was genuinely sincere about this. It was hard to even imagine it but there she was, the taller girl was in her living room wanting to make ends meet. For whenever's sake it may be, at least they would stop despising one another for good. 

 

Truth be told, Nayeon wasn't expecting tzuyu to ever show up in her life at all. Now the taller girl was in her living room, looking at her with pleading puppy-dog eyes. Nayeon couldn't stand that sight. It was weird to see Tzuyu show any emotion towards her other than pure rage and resentment.

 

Perhaps it was Nayeon's then to get mad, for Tzuyu to hear all the bottled up rage that she had since high school. But Nayeon couldn't  bring herself to raise a hand at her since Tzuyu had never really physically abused her other than pushing her around. It might've been because Jeongyeon would do all the punching for her so it was her ego got into all the trouble.

 

If she was to fight Tzuyu, it would be more for Jeongyeon than for herself. She could care less about all the broken canes, the shoving against the lockers, and taunting when Jeongyeon wasn't around. What got her fired up was how she couldn't really stand up for herself, always seeming defenseless and weak. It's like Jeongyeon always had to fight Nayeon's battles, which although she appreciated, she hated at the same time.

 

"I don't see why you're here in the first place, Tzuyu. I mean there's nothing for you to apologize for, really."

 

Nayeon took Kookeu into her arms and led him to his bowl beside the refrigerator. Tzuyu observed Nayeon quietly. Her stare made Nayeon uncomfortable, disapproving of the taller girl's absurd attitude. Carefully, Nayeon poured some kibble into Kookeu's bowl. He munched away at it. 

 

"You and I both know that there is a ton of apologizing to be done," Tzuyu replied.

 

With a sigh, Nayeon stood up to face Tzuyu. She thought about changing out of her sweaty clothes but then she didn't want to prolong Tzuyu's visit either. In conclusion, she would have to talk to the taller girl in her perspiring exercise clothes.

 

Suzy still remained in the room, immobile and extremely interested in their conversation. She did want to give them privacy but just couldn't rid her off the stool.

 

To ease the mood a bit, Nayeon went for the cupboards. She took out two bottles of wine that were a bit pricey to Suzy's taste but it actually didn't mean much to both Nayeon and Tzuyu. Suzy sat there, slightly agape. She rarely saw Nayeon ever drink and this would be the first time. Two bottles at that.

 

Nayeon turned to Suzy, giving her an apologetic look and handing her the other bottle of wine. 

 

"Hey, could you give us some privacy? So sorry you had to come in between this."

 

Shocked, Suzy nodded her head and complied.

   "Yeah yeah. No problem. If you need anything, you know where to find me."

Smiling at Nayeon for the last time, she hopped off the stool and went into her room, closing the door with her foot.

 

Thank god Suzy is so understanding. I can't believe I have such a considerate roommate. I need to repay her for this.

 

Once the two were all alone, Nayeon went to face Tzuyu. She didn't seem to be impatient or annoyed at all. Frankly, it was hard to ever read Tzuyu since she gave off giant-brick-wall-that-could-come-to-life-and-kick-you-if-you-weren't-looking vibes.

 

"Let's have some wine."

 

Nayeon went to fetch some glasses. She placed them down on the counter. Tzuyu walked over and sat down on a stool, facing Nayeon who was pouring wine for the two of them.

 

"Thanks," Tzuyu said after Nayeon stopped pouring into the glass that she held in her hand.

 

Nayeon took the stool in front of her and sighed. She folded her hands together, not even taking a sip of wine before Tzuyu went off.

 

"Seems like deja vu, huh?"

 

"What does?" 

 

"Drinking. How you couldn't handle whiskey the first time you went to my house. Was that really your first time drinking? (A/N: Chapter xxvii. Hit Or Miss)" Tzuyu laughed, taking a huge gulp of the wine like it was water. It seemed like she already became comfortable with their tiny dorm room. 

 

"Yes, like I said before. I don't drink. Not until that point. I didn't consume anything else until I started college. Wine really helps me concentrate."

 

"Hmm..you should thank me then." Tzuyu laughed again, tilting her glass to Nayeon.

 

She hadn't even touched her glass that wasn't getting any colder the longer Nayeon didn't touch it. Tzuyu had noticed that too.

 

Nayeon lightly scoffed, not out of spite. "Perhaps, you really were a terrible person."

 

"Yup, and that's why we're here today."

 

Nodding, Nayeon stared at the untouched glass of wine. She twiddled with her fingers, deep in thought. The silence between them wasn't lacking any grace of socializing. Admittedly, they both internally agreed that the pause was very much wanted.

 

Tzuyu needed that moment of stillness to collect her thoughts. She was in a bit of a muddle. First, she  had to apologize. She understood that perfectly.

 

"I'm sorry, Nayeon."

 

Well, that was a start.

 

Before Tzuyu and Nayeon were born yet, their parents worked in a company together. For as long as they could remember, both of their families were always doing well. The Im's firstly had Nayeon in their thirties. Not long after, Tzuyu was born. The Chou's decided not to have any more kids due to their busy schedule. But the Im's were ecstatic to know that they were going to have another baby, two actually.

 

Their parents started out as employees in a tiny office in 1989 and in ten years, grew to be owners of a prominent cargo transportation business. The Im's wanted to expand and separate from the company and did so before their Twin's were conceived. They started doing real estate and it turned out as successful as their job in the company. However, the Chou's wanted their best friends to be connected in some way and proposed a partnership. The Im's agreed so until now, they hold a small fraction of the company.

 

The Chou's wanted to have a party for the 11th anniversary of the company. That's when Tzuyu was introduced to Nayeon. Right off the bat, she didn't like Nayeon at all. But Nayeon was still very polite to her and always offered to play with her whenever they met.

 

During their junior high years, Tzuyu pretended not to know Nayeon or even acknowledged her presence. She didn't want to have anything to do with her. There wasn't a day where her parents never pushed her to hang out with Nayeon. She would always her name. Nayeon this, Nayeon that. It's not like her parents brought Nayeon up like an empirical figure. Tzuyu just hated how her name was mentioned all the time.

 

In comparison, Tzuyu was quite mean to Nayeon than when they went to high school. Tzuyu did everything she could to make her parents notice her. She took up stuff painting, music, theater. Heck, she even did a bit of ballet. 

 

Her parents never fully neglected her. But the maids and guards felt more like her parents and they became parental figures to Tzuyu.

 

They say that changed her life forever was when her parents missed Tzuyu's big ballet recital for a—what Tzuyu said before in air-quotes "important dinner meeting".

 

Engulfed by disdain and blind sighted fury, a wicked plan formed in Tzuyu's head. If she couldn't capture her parents' hearts, she would just have to result to drastic measures.

 

Fast forward to high school. That's when things only got worse. Tzuyu got into all sorts of trouble. She started smoking—the only reason she got the cigarettes is by threatening one of the guards to buy it for her or else he would get fired. She got into fights; Nayeon became part of that equation. There was one time where Tzuyu deliberately placed a bag of weed she bought on the counter for her parents to see.

 

Her parents were furious with Tzuyu's reckless behavior. Although Tzuyu felt kind of terrible for behaving like that, her reason was that this was her parents' own upbringing. But the girl was in too deep and soon got guzzled in with the mess she made. All the pocket money she had would be spent on her bad deeds.

 

Tzuyu was angry with everything and everyone that she passed. She hated how things turned out but couldn't turn to anyone. Her focused anger was then turned to Nayeon. Tzuyu wanted a way to make Nayeon feel some pain. When her parents told her that Nayeon had gone blind and started using canes, Tzuyu was malevolently relieved. She then pushed Nayeon around and always took her cane. Every time she saw her it would be; taunt, shove, take her cane, break it, more taunts, repeat. It happened at least once a day.

 

Nayeon never understood why Tzuyu was doing so but she didn't alt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter