Talented Confession

Through Her Eyes (2Yeon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hours between the last class and the peak of Nayeon's performance felt like they were being dragged on, refusing to let them go for the day. Jeongyeon scowled at the wall clock that hung above the white screen, switching to check the time on the desktop of the teacher's computer to compare. The difference was only delayed by a minute, but the meager unlikeness of the two drove her up the wall. Removing her focus on the time, hoping to lessen her stress, she started playing with the pencil in her hand. Her thumb harshly pressed down on the upper body, glaring between the teacher and the ridiculing timepiece.

The sooner the bell would ring to release, the quicker Jeongyeon could start with her plan to win Nayeon's friendship back again; had even caused her to write up a detailed schedule for the day. Once the signal went off, Jeongyeon would rush and drive to get Nayeon's favorite flowers and have them wrapped in a bouquet.

Since the auditions started at 4 o'clock and Nayeon was miraculously stated to go last when they raffled for their numbers, and auditions were estimated to last about two hours, Jeongyeon should have enough time to get all the items she would need for the "Forgiveness Basket, as to what Jeongyeon called it. She could only wish that no complications arrive. The only problem was that the flower shop that contained those specific flowers were all the way across town and a nearing 45 minute drive there. Jeongyeon even planned out the route she would take to get there. She couldn't sleep that night, deciphering every motive she could take just to make it on time. That was the goal: To see Nayeon's audition & restore their friendship.

Momo's word of advice echoed back to her, like a tiny version of it was living inside her head. Picturing a pocket-sized Momo camping in a deserted corner of her brain where it was covered in cobwebs and dust and occasionally kicking a part of the gray matter in order to get it to think rationally, caused Jeongyeon to snicker to herself. Because the room was nearly flushed out by the lack of feedback the teacher was getting from the students, Jeongyeon's laugh was heard and out in the open.

A copious bundle turned from their seats to take a gander at what Jeongyeon found so funny when the entire lesson itself was wearing out their braincells. It was too late for Jeongyeon to take back anything. Even if she tried to whisper, it was still perceived as if she was talking. Trying to anchor her way down her seat, she pulled an apologetically humorous face, glancing at a few faces who chuckled back at her.

"What's your problem?" Sitting in front her was one of Jeongyeon's good friends, Irene. An arm rested on the back of her chair and she looked at Jeongyeon, wanting to know what she found interesting so that her boredom would possibly cease. She asked in a concerned matter, but the way her eyebrows were in a permanent furrow, made her look like she was glaring.

The truth was Jeongyeon didn't have an answer to that either. For some bizarre reason, it wasn't registering in her head why hearing that triggered something inside her. Jeongyeon stopped making eye contact with Irene and bit by bit stared into a white space.

What's my problem?

Realizing that her friend seemed suddenly looked out of it, Irene waved a hand over Jeongyeon's face. When she didn't respond, Irene started to pull a hysteric.

"Jeongyeon, are you alright?"

What IS my problem?

"Earth to Jeongyeon. Hellooo." Constantly waving both her hands now, Irene garnered more attention from her classmates. Soon, the teacher had to stop his instructions, losing his temper because he saw no one was listening to him anymore. Other people began calling out Jeongyeon's name so much that it sounded like squawking seagulls.

I don't know my own damn problems and I'm having more problems within those problems and it's all starting to pile up--

"Miss Yoo!"

In a flash of light, Jeongyeon was back and out of her clashing train of thought. The uncertainty of her own issues was driving her mad. She blinked a few times, examine her surroundings. To check that she was out of that portal of internal torment, Jeongyeon pinched her arm. The split jolt of pain reassured her that she was back in the classroom. This time, everyone in the room had their eyes on her and that made Jeongyeon shake with embarrassment.

Great. Just what I needed right now. As if things can't get any worse.

"Is there something wrong, Miss Yoo? Do you find anything funny about quantum physics?" The teacher broadly spoke, more adamant to show authority to all the teens that weren't paying attention.

Jeongyeon's eyes hastily dived to the clock. Just five more minutes. That's all I need.

She made eye contact with the man impatiently tapping his shoe on the ground like it would make a difference in the established intensity in the room. Saved by the bell, Jeongyeon didn't make the move to give the teacher an answer. laid with a sweeping air of vagueness falling open.

"Class dismissed. Miss Yoo, please see me after class."

Son of a-- Jeongyeon rammed her foot into the desk leg. I have such perfect timing. While everyone else was eager to scram, Irene lowered herself to talk to Jeongyeon.

"Hey, you scared me back there. I hope you're alright."

"Yeah, yeah. No worries. I'm alright. Just braindead, ya know."

Jeongyeon tried to muster up a small smile to alleviate any rising concerns Irene had of her. The last thing Jeongyeon needed was for people think she was insane. Doubtful of Jeongyeon's words, Irene smiled back instead, stuffing her book inside, not saying anything else as she left Jeongyeon behind. Saddling her bag up to her slumped shoulders, Jeongyeon presented herself to the front of the empty classroom.

"Yes, Mr. Lu?"

Putting down some papers, the teacher turned to Jeongyeon, muttering inaudible curse words out of frustration. He had his own problems to assist and was not about to get attitude from some theater-obsessed-monster-energy-drinking-motorcycle-riding delinquent. Remembering that his paycheck was on the line, the teacher took in a deep breath before he pushed his glasses up to his nose and smiled at Jeongyeon.

"Are things alright with you, Jeongyeon?"

"Yes, sir." Plastering a vague smile on her face to try and convince him, Jeongyeon glanced up at the clock. A good five minutes had already been taken out of her schedule.

"Is my class boring you? Be honest. I need to feedback so I can do better." Mr. Lu's tone was desperate, searching for an answer from Jeongyeon.

Despite seeing his pleading eyes and worn out facial features, Jeongyeon grew anxious to get out of here. Her patience was hanging on a thread, the top of her boot making contact with the floor over and over again. The pair were too centered on getting what they wanted that neither of them realized the loud echo of tapping in the bare room.

"Not at all, Mr. Lu. I wasn't paying attention to whatever you were doing. Just a bit out of it today." Jeongyeon created another lie, hoping it'll be convincing enough for the teacher to release her. She threw in another smile to seal the deal.

"Hmm alright then." Mr. Lu gave Jeongyeon a concerned look, unsure of her honesty. "I can't keep you here forever. Just take care of yourself, Jeongyeon. Thank you for being honest with me."

"No problem, sir."

Within a blink of an eye, Jeongyeon bolted out the door. She thought that if she looked back, the teacher would try to make another irrelevant and time-consuming conversation with her. Jeonyeon wasn't having anymore delays.

"You have a good day now."

"You too, sir!"

That was the last thing Jeongyeon said before fully kicking off to the exit. Momo had been waiting for her outside of class, unaware of the plans Jeongyeon had. They nearly bumped heads as soon as Jeongyeon came flying out. Still recovering from the nap she had, Momo's eyes opened up by the sudden commotion. Jeongyeon didn't have enough time to tell Momo what was going on an decided on doing that later, mentally adding that in her planner. Just as Jeongyeon was about to touch the door handles, Jihyo came out of her office with a whole stack of papers.

Catching sight from the corner of her eye of what was coming in her direction, Jeongyeon forced her heels to repent. She stopped before their bodies could collide with one another. A gust of wind overcame her body and Jihyo shivered, peeking from behind the large stack. Her heart jumped once she saw that familiar face.

"Jeongyeon!" Jihyo bubbly called out. "You seem like in a rush."

"Hey, Jihyo. Yeah, kinda am. And you seem busy yourself."

Jeongyeon rubbed the back of her head whenever she felt timid or anxious. The same arm had her wristwatch on ticked for another minute, reminding Jeongyeon the reason of her rush. She didn't mind using a few precious seconds to have a little chat with Jihyo.

"Oh, this? Just some paperwork for auditions this evening. And among this pile is stuff for next month's play. Ya know, the one you're starring in." Barely able to shrug her shoulders with the massive weight of papers, Jihyo continued to smile brightly.

Jihyo always enjoyed talking to Jeongyeon. Whenever she was going to strenuous times and about to pull a Britney Spears and shave her head off, Jeongyeon would be there in the corner, ready to cheer her up. It was her favorite past time. Although Jeongyeon isn't present at all times, Jihyo appreciated the ones where she was.

"That just reminded me. I HAVE to go now."

"Go? Go where?" Jihyo became more interested in Jeongyeon's haste instead of doing paperwork. She felt a the in her shoulder worsening and winced slightly at the pinch. Ignoring the small notch that's been bothering her since this morning, Jihyo cheerfully grinned at Jeongyeon.

"I've made this illustrious plan for Nayeon this evening. Hopefully, it'll restore our friendship and not turn it into total ruins. And I really want this to work because I have been losing my damn mind over this," Jeongyeon explained in one breath.

Jihyo understood every single thing she said and pulled another smile. It's like had enough muscles to make another one as bright and wider than the last.

"Can I come with?"

Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow. "Don't you have stuff to do?" She eyed at the load of papers that still hung on Jihyo's arms. Aren't those heavy? This girl must work out.

That struck a realization in Jihyo that she still hasn't put it down yet. "Ohh, this?" Hurriedly, she scurried into her office, releasing the pile on her desk. The clamor frightened a pastel pink and purple haired girl sitting at another smaller desk a few inches from Jihyo's.

"Dahyun!"

"Y-yes, Madam Prez?" The jumpy girl asked, familiar with her superior's sprightly attitude. It often clashed with her timid behavior while in the office and outside in classes.

Looking over her shoulder to check if she hadn't raised the poor girl's blood pressure, Jihyo calmly smiled, hoping Dahyun would get the message. "I'm terribly sorry, sweetie. But would you mind filling and checking these papers. You can turn them in to my desk when you're done. Just don't do everything for me like last time, okay?" Jihyo gave her another quick smile. It's like she was passing them out for free.

"Alright."

Dahyun's hands laid above the keyboard, ready to type out whatever she was doing. Receiving Jihyo's instructions, she bobbed her head up and down, seemingly looking lost. Jihyo felt unsure that she got the memo but noticed that Jeongyeon was on her own wild goose chase.

Overhearing their conversation, Jeongyeon peeked into the office, waving a hand at the pastel haired girl. "Hey, Dubu!"

"Hi, Jeong." Dahyun had to blink two times to get her vision in order. The three cups of caffeine she drank for lunch were taking a toll on her. She shook her head to try and reorganize her thoughts, typing a few keys in when another figure walked into the office, unannounced.

Momo had regained her consciousness and witnessed the entire messiness of it all. She trotted over to her friends. Once her eyes landed on Jeongyeon, she shook her head.

"Aiish!" Momo said in disdain, giving the back of Jeongyeon's head a good whacking.

Jeongyeon winced, spinning around to glare at her friend. "What the--" Her words trailed off when she realized Momo had paid no more attention to her, walking further into Jihyo's office.

"Hey, Jihyo!"

"Hi, Momo." Jihyo glanced at the two friends and giggled, seeing Jeongyeon rubbing behind her head.

"Heyyy, there's my working girl." Heading straight to Dahyun's desk, Momo gave her girlfriend a soft kiss on the head.

"Yay. More distractions." The pastel-haired girl sighed in relief, feeling the warmth of the kiss on her head. Her mood instantly uplifted at the sight of Momo, clinging on to her arm. She took a quick glance at Jihyo who was staring at the two and giggled.

Watching her friends being comfortable with one another reminded Jeongyeon of what her main mission was. Nayeon. Jeongyeon checked the time on her clock and panic overwhelmed her.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST USED UP 30 ING MINUTES CONVERSING." Bottom line was that Jeongyeon didn't give a damn if anyone was staring at her like a madwoman. She turned to Jihyo who looked down at her with uneasy eyes.

"Jihyo, let's goooo."

On the double, Jihyo replaced her worry with excitement as she saw Jeongyeon sprung to her feet. She pushed open the double door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter