TakaGaki

Shall We Love?

 

“Omedettou gozimasu! Congratulations on your graduation Ai-chan!” the elder members greeted as they filled the backstage, showering her with praises and flowers.

“Arigatou gozimasu! From now on I’ll continue doing my best♪” Ai assured everyone, constantly bowing before getting the chance to change back into her normal clothes.

Once everything settled down and everyone took their leave, Ai walked out the back door, turning to see Risa pacing around nervously.

“Ara? What’re you doing here Risa-chan?” she asked, tilting her head. Gaki seemed surprise at her sudden appearance, pausing and jumping slightly at the sight. 

“A-Ano…I thought it’d be nice if we could walk home together one last time…” Gaki stuttered, her cheeks steadily turning red. Ai blinked before a huge grin spread across her face, “Sure!”

Together, the two long-time best friends strolled down the bustling yet somewhat quiet street towards Ai-chan’s apartment. 

“It’s never going to be the same without you,” Risa looked forward, pursing her lips. Ai flashed her a look of concern, “Daijobu desu ka?”

Her lips quivered, tears slowly running down her cheeks. “Iie, I’m not. I wish I could have left with you Ai-chan, but with the new members and all…I just couldn’t. The truth is though, I just want to be with you! I want to act alongside Ai-chan, spend hours talking to you, be on stage with you…Aie imasu. I love you!”

Ai’s eyes widened, before narrowing, still smiling as a lone tear fell from her right eye. “It took you long enough.”