Yuuka & Ayaka

Shall We Love?

 

“I want to graduate from S/Mileage and focus on my grades more, too,” Yuuka declared, standing beside Saki. The pencil in Ayaka’s hand snapped as Kanon let out an “EHHH?”

Tsunku was just as surprised, “Is this really the final decision you two are making?” They nodded, Ayaka rising from her chair abruptly at exiting the conference room.

Kanon frowned, ready to go after her until Yuuka held up a hand, “I’ll get her.”

She shut the door quietly before running down the hall, trying to find Dawa. “AYACHO? AYACH—” she called out, suddenly stopping as her eyes found Ayaka curled up in a corner.

Dawa was silently crying to herself, her face hidden from view. At this, Yuuka began to cry, too.

“Gomenasai. I didn’t think…” Yuuka paused, thinking of the proper words to say. Dawa lifted up her head, her face red and tear-soaked.

“That’s just it Yuukarin. You NEVER think. Didn’t you wonder for once how this would affect us, affect me?” she screamed. Yuuka flinched, but didn’t say anything. Dawa scoffed, “You’re being selfish.”

Yuuka’s eyes narrowed, “And you’re not? Ayacho, this is my chance to make up for all this lost time. I’ve lost the best years of my childhood to become an idol, please don’t take the only opportunity I have left.” She refused to meet Dawa’s gaze, instead turning sharply and walking away.

Tears still flowing and face still flustered, Dawa forced herself up, running after Yuuka and wrapping her arms around her waist, burying her face in her shoulder.

“Y-You’re right…I am being selfish, too. But that’s only because I don’t want Yuukarin to leave my life,” she choked. Yuuka put a hand on her head, twisting around and locking her in an embrace.

“Baka, I’m not getting out of your life. Who said that?” Yuuka whispered.