Semi & Sungmin

Shall We Love?

 

Semi strolled down the dance floor of the club casually, tossing her hair over her shoulder and waving at the guys observing her.

Look all you want, none of you sickos will get me, she thought.

The lights in the club dimmed and burst into a flurry of colors as the loud music filled the atmosphere. Rihanna’s Don’t Stop the Music blared from the speakers, urging everyone to dance along.

Men of all kinds made poor attempts to rope Semi in, each time she’d give a polite shove and walk away. After sifting through the crowd, she plopped onto a stool beside the bar, next to another man who watched the masses.

“One apple martini please,” she ordered, twisting in her chair and resting her eyes on the stranger. For someone who was evidently older than her, he kind of looked like a kid. Chubby-like cheeks, an innocent gaze, yet suave gelled up hair. She noted him observing the dancers.

“You’re not going to join them?” Semi spoke aloud. It seemed like her words snapped him back into reality as his posture shifted, turning his head at her.

“Dancing’s not exactly my forte,” he smiled and nodded. She chuckled lightly, picking up and sipping her martini as it arrived.

“Then let me teach you,” she ushered, standing up and taking both of his hands in hers, pulling him onto the floor. “There’s no such thing as impossible when it’s with me.”

The two shined together, gathering the envious looks of many. Although this time it was Semi’s turn to snap into reality. What am I doing? I told myself to stay away and all of a sudden I contradict myself.

She quickly turned to the stranger, “I-I’m sorry, I gotta go.” Realization settling in, she shoved her way out and dashed into the bathroom hallway.

Frowning and fairly disappointed, the guy followed her path. “Did I do something wrong?” he chimed as his head turned around the wall. Semi gave a slight yelp in surprise.

“Ani ani you didn’t—I just feel a little weird dancing with a stranger again…” her voice faltered, remembering what happened the last time she’d done it. In the end she had fallen for that person, dated him, but had her heart broken in the end.

The stranger leaned on the other side of the wall, “I get what you mean. Last time I tried dancing, I met someone, too.”

Semi dabbed around her eyes with her fingers, this time sticking her head out and turning towards him, “Really?”

He nodded. “It makes me wonder why I still come to clubs, it only brings back reminders.” She blinked, before coming out from behind the wall and standing close beside him.

“I’m Semi,” she finally introduced. He smiled and took her hand, kissing the top of it. “Sungmin.”