TanaGaki

Shall We Love?

 

“Why did you have to go against us? Are you stupid?” the girls of the Blue Blossom had tears in their eyes as they mercilessly beat at Reina. Kick after kick, whack after whack, using either their bare hands, a crowbar, or even a chain to cause injury.

And Reina just didn’t fight back. She laid perfectly still on the cold concrete floor, accepting her fate. This is what happens when you tried leaving a gang. Not only did they try to make you as dead as possible, they wanted there to be scars, for that person to never forget.

The pain was searing, her ribs were broken and she could feel blood welling up in , yet Reina still didn’t scream out or give them the satisfaction of seeing her cry.

Gomenasai, Gakisan…This is the only way I could protect you, Reina’s mind repeatedly thought. There was no possible way for their relationship to flourish unless Reina left the gang. 

Too often had Gaki asked about where she ran off to at night, and who the girls she was talking to were. The life of her as a yankii and a normal civilized one were in conflict, almost mixing into one.

The girls finally finished, one of them taking a picture on their cellphone and texting it to Gaki. They sneered and shook their heads, “Our once great leader, it’s such a shame.”

Risa’s phone chimed at the arrival of a new message. Sitting at her desk writing something, she looked up and flipped it open. The horrifying picture of the half-dead Reina appeared, along with the words underneath describing her location.

She sprinted out of her house, up and down the streets just to get to the abandoned building, where she found Reina lying in a pool of her own blood right in the middle. The tears wouldn’t stop falling from her eyes as she hovered over Reina’s unconscious body.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean for this to happen to you,” Risa sobbed.