AiEri

Shall We Love?

 

“Hooi Eri-chan! Hayaku hayaku, you’re almost up!” Ai beckoned. Morning Musume was on their nearly-annual trip to Hawaii, and this was Eri’s second trip. 

“Hai, I’m hurrying…” Eri called out unsteadily from the changing area. 

“What’re you doing back there? Designing the bikini yourself? Let’s gooo!” Ai urged, running behind.

“IIE! AI-CHAN NO—” Eri cried. It was a little too late though, Ai’s eyes were already fixed on the discolored blotches along Eri’s skin, the stylist still struggling to cover the others.

“Eri-chan, are you okay?” Ai gasped, still staring. Eri became flustered, trying to cover the rest of her body with her arms, tears erupting from her eyes.

“Please don’t look, I’m hideous…” she sobbed. For so long she had been able to hide the secret of her skin condition from the other members, but now it came out so quickly.

The stylist, feeling awkward, ran out to fetch more cover up, leaving the two alone in a tense awkward atmosphere.

Eri continued to stand there, poorly covering herself and crying her eyes out. Ai frowned, running over and hugging her tightly.

“You’re not hideous. Eri-chan…has a very beautiful body,” Ai spoke comfortingly. Eri’s eyes widened before closing, tears still spilling. This was the first time anyone aside from her own mother had told her such a thing.