FÜNF

Germanized

During dinner, Taekwoon and his mum talked about a lot what happened today. Taekwoon also shared the story about the attack of the vampire just before he was about to enter his house.

''But the vampire told you that I am up next? What is his plan for you? Is he going to kill you?'' Taekwoon's mum kept asking and Taekwoon sighed when he nodded at her last question. It was hard for him to realise how the vampire told him that he was going to kill everyone who managed to flee South Korea, because everyone fled with a good reason.

''He indeed told me that you're up next to be killed and I'm scared, because I don't wanna live here alone to be killed by the vampire too. Well, the vampire told me he had other plans in mind for me, since he was keeping an eye on me for a long time.'' Taekwoon told his mum and his mother's face turned pale. After her husband went missing, she started to fear for both her life and Taekwoon's life. Now that Taekwoon told her that her husband and his dad was murdered by the vampires, she started to fear even more for both her life and Taekwoon's life.

''You should call the owner of the shop to pick you up. Wait, I'll do that now.'' Taekwoon's mum said and left the table to make a phonecall to one of her colleagues. Taekwoon continued his meal in silence and pointed his ears a bit to listen to the conversation his mother had. Taekwoon could tell that his mother was scared as heck and she sounded like as if she was going to cry.

Taekwoon felt sad and guilty at the same time, because she had to protect both her life and his life. After the attack of the vampire, Taekwoon can't think of anything but that. What does this vampire have in mind for him? Taekwoon hopes he won't be killed, because Taekwoon is a German citizen. But the vampire didn't seem to be interested in Taekwoon's answer. Taekwoon felt that it was his only answer to defend himself.

His mother came back after a few minutes and she sighed. Taekwoon was about to ask what was wrong, but decided to keep his mouth shut. He was sure that his mother was going to say that she didn't want to talk about it, so Taekwoon decided to give his mum some space. This resulted in minutes of silence and neither could bring out another word, because this was already affecting the energy in the room.

Taekwoon could see in his mum's face that she was scared to sleep, because she was scared that the same vampire would try to make it into their house and kill her in her sleep. Taekwoon felt sad that his mother's mind was being terrorized by this vampire, though she has never seen him. And Taekwoon didn't see his face, so he couldn't identify the vampire if the vampire would enter their house.

''Be careful when you go to work tomorrow, okay? I don't want you to die aswell.'' Taekwoon's mum said and Taekwoon looked up, before he gave his mum a nod in response. He understood his mum's concern and he understood why his mum was asking this, because his mum didn't want to lose her only son.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After dinner, Taekwoon helped his mum with the dishes and they continued their talk. Ofcourse, his mum didn't want to believe that her husband was murdered by a creature that basically ruled over South Korea. But she feared for her son's life too. 

''Mum please, don't worry about me. I will take care of myself when I head to work tomorrow.'' Taekwoon assured his mum and tried to comfort her, but fear was still shown in her eyes. She only wanted to believe these words from Taekwoon if Taekwoon arrived safe at work tomorrow. 

She knew that vampires were creatures with no heart and no emotions, because they showed that back in South Korea. Evil smiles appeared on their faces everytime they had murdered a victim and vampires liked to show off how powerful they were. They also showed that they were immortal and didn't care much about the human lifes.

''You have to call me as soon as you arrived at work, just like I asked you to do today. I just need to know that you're safe.'' Taekwoon's mum said and Taekwoon sighed. In situations like these, his mum became overprotected and concerned. And nothing could happen to him when he headed to work ,he thought, because vampires were only active at night. Until realisation kicked in that it was dark outside when he was heading to work.

Taekwoon put the dishes back into the cabinets and silence kicked in again. Once all the dishes were back into the cabinets, Taekwoon and his mum went to the livingroom and took a seat on the couch. To Taekwoon, it felt weird that his dad wasn't here anymore. The energy in the room wasn't the same anymore and his dad loved to make jokes to ban the silence out of the room, but that was gone.

Taekwoon the TV and his mum took her son's hand in hers. She wanted to cherish every moment she had with her son, before something might happen to either one of them. Taekwoon could feel that as soon as his mum was constantly rubbing over his hand.

''Mum please, stop thinking about the vampires. It'll only make the whole situation worse and I don't want the whole situation to escalate just because of those vampires.'' Taekwoon said and looked at his mum as her grip on his hand tightened in a concerned way. His mum could only sigh and nodded, before her eyes were set on the TV again.

Taekwoon knew that he wasn't going to give in to his feelings, because he knew that he would feed the pleasure of the vampires if he would do that. But the threats that the vampire made tonight, aren't ones that Taekwoon can let pass easily. His life was going to end one day because of this vampire, but Taekwoon didn't know how.

For the rest of the night, Taekwoon's mum didn't say a word and the feared look in her eyes didn't disappear. Taekwoon ,however, kept looking outside. Hoping that the vampire would leave them alone, because he didn't want his mum to fear even more. Taekwoon didn't know where the vampire was and if he would return to their house.

Taekwoon sighed, because this vampire was about to take over their lifes and Taekwoon didn't want to give in to that. And he had to keep himself and his mum strong as long as the vampire didn't attack them, because Taekwoon knew that his father would've wanted them to stay strong in times when things were not so sure. And Taekwoon wondered if he and his mum would ever see his dad's body, so that they could find some closure. Now that they haven't seen his body, Taekwoon and his mum can't close this book and can't move on with their life.

''What are you doing Taekwoon? I thought I was quiet, but you're even more quiet than I am and I am concerned.'' Taekwoon's mum said and Taekwoon looked at her. He could lie about the reason why he was looking outside, but his parents never appreciated it whenever he tried to lie.

''Mum please, don't worry so much. I am just looking outside to see if I can find this vampire, I want to know if he is around or not. Because otherwise, I am not going to sleep.'' Taekwoon admitted and his mum's eyes were about to fill themselves with tears. Taekwoon could act cold to stay cool and not to give in to his emotions, but his mum wanted by now that he was going to do so and stop acting like a cold guy.

Wherever this vampire was and whatever he was doing, Taekwoon was done with him and he was hoping that this vampire would leave them alone...