DREI

Germanized

The next morning, Taekwoon woke up and got out of bed. It was another morning like no other and Taekwoon was excited to go to work again. Not a lot of people of his age loved to go to work, but Taekwoon did. His father was already gone to work and his mother was going to leave at the same time as Taekwoon, because she started at the same time. And this time, she was awake earlier than Taekwoon. Usually, it was the other way around.

Taekwoon went to the bathroom and made sure he looked good enough to go to work. His boss didn't care much whether he had his hair put up in a ponytail or whenever the locks swirled next to his face. As long as he explained to new customers that he was a man, his boss didn't mind how Taekwoon showed up at work. And Taekwoon understood why he had to explain himself towards new customers, because they had mistaken him for a girl multiple times.

Once Taekwoon was done, he walked back to his bedroom and got dressed in the uniform he had to put on. If you applied for a job at this store, you had to wear a uniform. Taekwoon didn't mind to wear a uniform, because Taekwoon never knew what to wear once he went out. Once a month, he went out with friends. But Taekwoon never knew what to wear and he didn't describe himself as a diva or something like that. Taekwoon was normal and this kind of behavior was very rare to someone like Taekwoon. 

As soon as Taekwoon was ready go to downstairs, his mother called from downstairs and told him that his father didn't show up for work. Taekwoon was worried, because it wasn't something for his dad not to show up. Taekwoon ran downstairs and pulled his mother close to hug her tight. Taekwoon was scared, because he was scared that either he or his mum wouldn't return home. His mother cried and Taekwoon pulled her even closer into a hug. Both were scared as heck, but they had to stand strong for each other. Taekwoon only had his mother and she only had her only son, so they had to support each other.

''Promise me you call me once you have arrived at work okay?'' his mother asked Taekwoon and he nodded in response. His boss didn't mind if Taekwoon went to the back to do a phonecall or whatsoever, because Taekwoon's boss knew his parents and he also knew that Taekwoon's mother was overprotective towards her son. Taekwoon's mum tightened her grip around Taekwoon's waist and Taekwoon had to gasp for air ,because her grip could tighten a lot, but Taekwoon didn't care. He knew his mother didn't want to let go of him, because of the fact that she was scared she was going to lose Taekwoon too.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After the two had breakfast, Taekwoon gave his mother a kiss and left to walk to work. Taekwoon didn't have a drivers license and didn't have a bike, so he had to walk to work. Taekwoon used to have a bike, but some youth thought it was funny to bully an Asian man like Taekwoon and they either stole his bikes or they broke it. And for now, Taekwoon didn't have any money to get a new bike. But his work wasn't that far away from his house, so Taekwoon didn't mind to walk.

On his way to work, Taekwoon noticed how quiet everyone was. People usually were more talkative and people even loved to talk to him, but no one did this today. Taekwoon wondered what was going on, but decided to let it be. No one was going to say a word anyways and no one even could explain what was going on.

Out of the blue, someone ran towards him and pushed a newspaper in his arms before he ran further. Taekwoon looked at the young man who ran past him, but decided to focus on the newspaper. Right at the front page, there was an article about the disappearance of his dad. But not only about his dad, the article also talked about some other disappearances of other people. Random people disappeared, so it wasn't just men or women and it wasn't just people from Asian descent or from German descent. No one knew about the culprit, because the culprit knew how to disappear with its victims without leaving any traces behind. Taekwoon's hope for his father to return alive vanished quickly, but he couldn't tell his mum about this. He wanted his mother to believe in her husband to return, so Taekwoon couldn't crush that hope

After a while, Taekwoon arrived at the store and had to ring the bell to let the owner know he had arrived. After a few seconds, the owner showed up at the other side of the door and unlocked the door so that Taekwoon could enter. The shop was about to open at 9, but Taekwoon had to be there earlier. Taekwoon walked to the back and took off his jacket, while he was in a conversation with the owner. And they even talked about the newsarticle.

''Dein Vater ist auch in diesem Artikel (Your dad is also in this article)'' the owner says and Taekwoon nods while he takes a deep breath. Taekwoon saw it on his way to the store and Taekwoon explains to the owner how a random guy ran towards him and pushed the newspaper in his arms before he ran further.

''Ich hoffe, dass alles gut wird (I hope everything will be okay)'' the owner says in a hopeful voice and places a hand on Taekwoon's shoulder, making Taekwoon nod. If his dad didn't return alive, he at least hoped he could find some closure if his dad's body would be found by the cops. The police in Munich had contacted his mother earlier this morning and promised her they would do everything they could to find her husband and Taekwoon's dad.

Shortly after this conversation, another employee ,who goes by the name Markus, entered the store and also talked about this newsarticle. Taekwoon explained to him that his dad was in this article aswell and that both he and his mother lived in fear, because they had no idea if they were going to see him back and they didn't know what had happened.

''Ich hoffe, dass alles gut wird (I hope everything will be okay)'' Markus said and pulled Taekwoon in for a short hug. Taekwoon was glad that he had people around who were there to support him. Markus was also someone who could be described as a very caring person. Markus had a terrible past and had to take care of his father since he was young. His mother passed away when Markus was 6 months old and his father suffered from cancer, who died when Markus was 15. Markus then was raised by his uncle and aunt, who were very caring towards Markus. 

''Danke Markus (Thanks Markus)'' Taekwoon said and let go of Markus, before Markus threw his stuff aside to prepare himself for another day at work. Taekwoon was blocking everything of the newsarticle, because he had to stand strong for his mother and for himself.