VIER

Germanized

Taekwoon's day at work went by as usual and he forgot about his dad's disappearance when he was at work. And even today, the main customers came by to ask how Taekwoon was doing. They also were aware of that his dad was in the news article in the news paper and there was no customer who didn't ask him about it. But everytime a customer left the store, Taekwoon didn't even think of his dad anymore. Ofcourse, Taekwoon still hoped for his dad to return. But he was scared that his dad wouldn't be found alive.

At this time ,it's 3 PM, and no customers have entered the store yet. So Taekwoon, Markus and the owner use this time to clean up the store a bit and to check whatever is in stock. The three men still talk about the disapperances of the men in the newsarticle and that's when Markus opens up about those disapperances. To Markus, he didn't think a serial killer could do this and he believed it was something that wasn't human.

''Meine Mutter erzählte mir einmal eine Geschichte über Vampire. Ich glaube, dass sie daran beteiligt sind. (My mum told me a story once about vampires. I believe that they are involved.)'' Taekwoon admitted and Markus looked at him with wide eyes. Markus didn't really believe that it was about vampires that they were dealing with and neither did Taekwoon, but that was the only scenario that Taekwoon could come up with as soon as Markus spoke about creatures that weren't human.

''Ah, wir werden sehen (Ah, we'll see)'' the owner said and the three men went back to the cleaning. The store had to look good if customers would come in again and the store was one of the cleanest stores in West-Germany, so the owner wanted to keep it like that.

''Wie geht es dir allgemein, Leo? (How are you doing in general, Leo?)'' the owner asked and Taekwoon looked at him. Now that he knows about Taekwoon's dad disappearance, he wants to know how Taekwoon is doing. He can't really imagine how it's like to wake up and hear about your dad being vanished into thin air.

''Es geht gut eigentlich. (I'm okay actually)'' Taekwoon responded and cleaned the desk where the cash register stood. After Taekwoon's answer, the three men remained silent. They worked hard to get the store clean and it was Taekwoon who was working just a little bit harder comparing to the other two men in the store, it apparently was in his blood that he had to work hard to achieve something.

After 15 minutes, the men were done with cleaning the shop and an elderly couple entered the shop shortly after Taekwoon left the cleaning stuff in the back of the shop. Taekwoon walked back to the desk and greeted the elderly couple. Even this couple came by often and they sometimes treated Taekwoon like he was a son of them.

''Wie geht es dir, Leo? (How are you doing, Leo?)'' the man asked as he let his wife do the grocery shopping. Taekwoon smiled at the man and told him that he was doing okay, despite his dad being vanished into thin air.

''Also ist es dein Vater im News-Artikel, richtig? (So it's your dad in the news article right?)'' the man asked and Taekwoon nodded as the man placed his hand upon Taekwoon's hand.

''Mach dir keine Sorgen, Leo. Dein Vater wird gefunden, glaub mir. (Don't worry, Leo. Your dad will be found, believe me)'' the man said and Taekwoon nodded, hoping that the man was right. Many people said this to him today and Taekwoon wanted to believe every one of them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taekwoon's day at work ended a little earlier than he expected. The owner of the shop had decided to close the shop a bit earlier, because he suddenly didn't feel well. Markus already left and Taekwoon was advised to go home, as the owner didn't want Taekwoon to get sick because of him. Taekwoon understood why the owner did this, but he knew that his mum would be happy. She sometimes wanted her son to arrive a bit earlier at home, though she never told Taekwoon why.

It was dark outside, as it was 6 PM and the shop usually closes at 8 PM. Yet again, it looked peaceful outside and the traffic passed by like it was crowded. A car was quite expensive at this time of the year and it wasn't something Taekwoon's father could affort. Not that he had a drivers license, but he was taking lessons to get one and even the lessons were expensive.

And yet again, some older German ladies came to him and wanted to have a little chat with him. And these ladies weren't unfamiliar to Taekwoon, because his mother knew them well. His mother learned German from these ladies and they visited her a lot through the week, Taekwoon believed they came buy 3 to 4 times a week to teach her some German.

The ladies asked him about how he was doing now that his father was missing and Taekwoon explained to them that he didn't know what to feel anymore, he was rather confused and he was scared that his dad wasn't going to return. He also explained to them that his mother still had hope that her husband would return healthy and alive, but Taekwoon wasn't so sure of it.

''Wir hoffen dass es gut wird. (We hope it's going to be okay)'' one of the elder ladies said and smiled when she looked at Taekwoon. Taekwoon returned a smile to her and the four of them separated ways. Everyone tried to comfort him and to keep the hope, but Taekwoon couldn't keep the hope of his dad returning alive. Was his mother right all this time about the vampires? Were they located in Germany now? Taekwoon hoped it wasn't the case, because he hoped that his family could stay out of this.

When he arrived home, Taekwoon sensed something wasn't right. It was like someone was watching him and it was watching him every move he made, but Taekwoon didn't believe that there was someone watching him. Taekwoon shrugged and his hand touched the doorknob, but he was immediately taken away from the door and being pushed against the wall.

''Lassen Sie mich los! (Let go of me!)'' Taekwoon said out loud, but the person who had pushed him against the wall only laughed at him.

''You're really thinking that speaking German can help you out?'' the voice asked and Taekwoon felt a lump in his throat. Who pushed him against this wall? And why was he the victim right now?

Taekwoon didn't say a word and the two stayed like this for a while, until the unknown person started to laugh devilish again. Taekwoon felt a bit scared at this moment, because he didn't know who pushed him against the wall and who threatened him.

''Who are you and what do you want from me? Seriously!'' Taekwoon hissed in Korean and this unknown person started to laugh again. The grip on his wrists got tighter and Taekwoon realised how cold these hands were. He was hoping that he wasn't dealing with a vampire now, because he would be scared as hell if it was real now.

''Oh, you don't know do you? I'm a vampire and I came all the way from South Korea to kill everyone who fled South Korea. And your dad was a one of those people aswell. Oh, don't worry. Your mother is up next.'' Taekwoon's eyes widen as soon as he heard this. These vampires came all the way from Korea to kill everyone who fled South Korea? That means that vampires rule over South Korea and not the gouvernment, so that story of his parents was one complete lie.

''Really? Well, you can't kill me. Because I am a German citizen, I was born here.'' Taekwoon defended himself and the vampire took a step closer, reducing the space between the two.

''You think so huh? Well, you can be killed too. But since I have kept an eye on you for a longer time, I have other plans in mind for you. And don't you dare to flee!'' the vampire hissed and let go of Taekwoon, before the vampire disappeared into the night. Taekwoon immediately rushed home and ran into the house.

''Taekwoon-ah, what happened? You look like you have seen a ghost.'' his mother said as soon as she saw the pale face of her only son. Taekwoon's heart was beating faster and Taekwoon's mind became a complete chaos.

''Eomma! I-I have been attacked by a vampire and they are going to kill you soon. They told me that they are here in Germany to kill everyone who fled South Korea and they killed dad. You're up next.'' Taekwoon whines and it didn't take long before he bursted out into tears. He rushed over to his mum and his mum pulled him in for a hug. Taekwoon heard his mum's heart beat faster aswell and she was shaking at this moment.

His family was in danger and his mother was going to be next to be killed. As for him, he didn't know what the vampire had in mind for him. Hopefully, Taekwoon would stay alive. He only could hope that this monster would let him alive, he wasn't ready to die yet.