C2- The Encounter

Love Pain (Title changed)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

 


"Good morning Mr Hwang. " Taeyeon greeted with a 90-degree bow to a middle aged man who passed by the yard she was at,  to the luxurious black Mercedes car, ready to go to office. 


"Good morning Taeyeon. " replied Mr Hwang with generous smile on his face before he disappear into the car and drove away.

Her 4th days working at the Hwang's going great. The people she has met also had been very nice to her despite the difference of their standard. The middle aged man she greeted just now is the son of the head of Hwangs family, Hwang Minhyeok. He is a nice man just like his father. So far, she had met all the adults of the Hwangs and what can she say is they are kindhearted people. The maids and other workers also treated her nicely. 


Never a second she felt unwelcome there. Her harabeoji was true. Not all rich people are bad . 


What can she say is so far so good. 

 


And 3 more days left for her there. 

 

.......

 


Taeyeon was having a break at the back yard for a while after hours working hard cleaning the yard and around the mansion. She look at her worn out watch as it is a time for her lunch. 


With a happy grin decorating her face, along with bead of sweats covered her face and bosy that showing how hard she worked,  she took out a small sized old food box contains her everyday lunch food. 

 

A small fist of plain rice with half cut of boiled egg and a small packet of gummy bear.

 

It was simple but that what keep her stomach filled everyday for lunch. 


Don't question why she ate that because the first thing came into her mind is her halmeoni and harabeoji. They are her priority. She always make sure her grandparents get to eat healthy foods and filled their stomach with good foods instead of thinking about herself. Nonetheless, it's more than enough for her. 


Having her daily lunch plus with a soft windy atmosphere at the back yard relaxing her. Just a moment she thought she was alone, comes the most respectable man in the mansion. 


"Can I join you young lady?" 


Taeyeon turn her head automatically and quickly stand up to greet the old man. 


"Can I join you? " he repeat the question. 


"S-sure sir. " just when she thought he would take a sit on a chair, she was wrong when the old man land his on the stair where Taeyeon sat first. But she kept shut and back to her sitting, holding the lunch box, contemplating to resume eating or not. It would be uncomfortable if the man just see her eating without her offering him but to think how 'poor' her food is, she thought that the man will feel offended.

 

"Ohh you having lunch? " he asked Taeyeon when he saw the box on Taeyeon's hands but frown when taeyeon seemed not gonna touch her food. 


"Why you not eating your food? " 


"I-im sorry sir but it's kinda improper if you're sitting here while me enjoy my food without offering some to you. Also forgive me sir but I can't offer you my food. It kinda- "


"It's okay taeyeon-ah I understand. No need to feel sorry" he patted taeyeon's shoulder lovingly causing her to hang her head low in embarrassment. 


Still. She not touching tthefood. 

The man caught the cue and decided to talk about another topic

"You done a good job Taeyeon." He said about the yard. "..much better than your harabeoji to be honest" he whisper the last part playfully. 


"K-khamsamida. " taeyeon cheeks blushed with the compliment. 


"But just to remind you and also to save myself from your harabeoji scolding,  never over work yourself alright? Your harabeoji seem to love you so much." he smile warmly at the thought of his old friend and the timid girl in front of him


'I only have them and will forever be grateful that they willing to take care of me and love me like I am their real granddaughter.' 


However the conversation died down just like that because taeyeon being taeyeon, she mostly stay quiet and only response with head notion and smile. The old man keep thinking what should he do to make Taeyeon talk with him. He has been attached to her since the first time they met and he not gonna waste the chance to know her deeply. 


"You know what Taeyeon... I really like you. " 


Listened to that, Taeyeon look at him with confuse eyes. 


"You're a very good and nice girl and your harabeoji was really lucky to have you. I wish my grandchildren all like you. Hardworking, have a time to spend with me also can put my heart at ease every time I think about them just like I am with you. Don't get me wrong, I love all my grandchildren but they all so busy. Look now, the mansion is so empty without them. hahhh~~I miss them. " he said with sad pout on face. 


"Where are they now? " 


"They out of Korea right now. Busy with their own business. "


"Sorry to hear that sir."


"Nah don't be because my most beloved, lovely and clingy granddaughter will comeback from LA in two days. " he smile remembering his youngest granddaughter gonna comeback to Korea soon. Hearing that, Taeyeon smiling too. Happy for the old man. 


"She's a fashion designer and has her own brand. Do you ever heard of TiYoung brand?? " just at the mention of his granddaughter, Sir Hwang got really excited. 


Taeyeon take a peek at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter