Just Started - Episode 103

SpartAce Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook, Ji Hyo, and Suk Jin all exchanged high fives after receiving the mission. 

"Looks like I won't even have to lift a finger today," celebrated Suk Jin in relief.

"Oppa, you hardly ever 'lift a finger'. What's so different about today?" Ji Hyo teased, receiving light rebukes from Suk Jin in return.

Unlike Blue Team's Kwang Soo and Jae Suk, who were sweating buckets from just attempting to lift Sa Yeon Noona, Yellow Team's attempts were limited to that one.

Ji Hyo gently hopped on Jong Kook's back, worried about hurting him especially given his long term ailments. But Jong Kook easily grabbed and lifted her up, charging off so quickly it took Ji Hyo aback. Jong Kook was like the race cars of piggyback rides.

"It's like I'm carrying a backpack!" Jong Kook proclaimed very pointedly to annoy Jae Suk who was seemingly this close to death. 

And of course, it worked. Jae Suk had on his angry face and Ji Hyo was giggling to no end watching the scene unfold as she perched comfortably on Jong Kook. Ten seconds in and it was already the best piggyback ride of her life. This was excluding the fact that it was the first time her boyfriend Jong Kook was giving her a ride.

Jong Kook went so quickly he nearly overtook Jae Suk who was pissed at how easy Jong Kook was having it. And Ji Hyo was amazed that this was the case that day. Usually, she was a burden, whilst the other beautiful female guests were angels to delight in. 

Not that she really minded, per se. She would've felt really awkward anyway if the members still treated her like they treated all those young female idols and actresses. She was too old to care for such patronization, only grateful that she managed to get closer to her members over time. She could only feel worried when she was partnered up with either Gary or Suk Jin and some sort of physical grueling mission involving her getting lifted up in any manner was to take place. 

But then with Jong Kook, it was all different. He wasn't making her feel worried at all, surprisingly. And she was laughing. Not out of malice but of pure joy. As it turned out, Ji Hyo liked the princess treatment after all. 

Or maybe, it was just the way Jong Kook treated her that made her heart well up in joy. Or maybe, Ji Hyo was just making a big deal out of everything Jong Kook did because they had just started dating.

But deep down, Ji Hyo knew Jong Kook was different, knew that he was something else all together. She never felt the way she did with him with any of her exes. 

He gently sat her down on the chair with equal and unwavering care each time they entered a new restaurant and saw a new dish (Or the exact same dish when their team got unlucky and wound up with a '-1'), be it pasta, spicy octopus, patbingsoo, or even rice. 

And he never once suggested that Suk Jin take a turn carrying Ji Hyo, and never once did he display any form of fatigue or exhaustion that may have prompted Suk Jin to offer to piggyback Ji Hyo for a little while.

In the end, they placed last for the restaurant mission and had to give up yet another briefcase, but somehow none of them felt very disheartened. In fact, there was this sense of satisfaction. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo because of all the piggybacking, and Suk Jin because he got to relax and eat well.

"Oppa, you carried me all the way just now- are you feeling okay?" Ji Hyo asked Jong Kook with worried eyes as they made their way to the car.

Jong Kook nodded his head. "Surprisingly, my back feels perfectly fine. Today must be a good day."

Suk Jin chuckled. "I think, Ji Hyo's luck went into keeping Jong Kook's back intact today. That's why we keep losing."

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo laughed along.

"If I could I'd channel my luck into making sure Jong Kook Oppa's back didn't have to hurt. That would be great, wouldn't it?"

"That would be great, but the way things are going, we're going to lose today." 

Suk Jin scoffed. "Oh please, with you two? I think our chances of winning are still pretty solid."

"But Oppa, we've already lost two briefcases."

"Well, then we'll just make sure not to lose the next one then." 

Suk Jin was being extremely carefree about it all. He found that he rather liked being on a team with Jong Kook and J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter