Return

Karaoke

The airplane landed and they finally let the passengers go. A young man stepped out of the plane with a fedora and sunglasses. "This, right here, is what I call South Korea!" he exclaimed happily, his lips. He walked inside the airport and shined his way through the crowd and finally made it to the other side. There, he saw, was a car waiting for him. "Ah! Hey Bogum!" he said happily. Bogum gasped.

"K-Kim Heechul-sunbaenim?!" he asked, surprised. He squealed happily and got out of the car. "I didn't know you were back! Where's Kim Jongin?" he asked. Heechul shrugged and walked past Bogum and threw his luggage inside the car. "He's probably already home...," Heechul replied, thinking.

Bogum nodded and walked and sat in the driver's seat. Heechul sighed. He was finally released from that horrible guns place, America. As Bogum started the engine and drove, Heechul suddenly thought of something. "My lovely Park Bogum?" he asked Bogum, checking his nails. Bogum was startled and answered, "Yes?" Heechul tried to think harder, there was something bothering Jongin during the vacation. Was it the ladies he attracted? Yes! He was distracted. Heechul suddenly remembered. "Remember that girl? What's her name? It was Bae Joohyun!" he exclaimed happily, clapping his hands.

Bogum tilted his head. Heechul looked hopelessly at him. "Or was it Irene? I don't remember, but she clearly told me she was Bae Joohyun....," Heechul muttered. Bogum heard him say Irene and his eyes lit up. Looking at the road, he said, "Irene?! I know her!" Heechul smirked and snapped his fingers.

"I clearly remember her! Jongin loved her....," Heechul said, his eyes full of hearts. Bogum frowned at that. Bogum wasn't expecting competition for Irene. It's not like he'll get her anyway so he just shrugged. "So... what are you going to do then?" Bogum asked. Heechul laughed at the question. "I have to see if her love changed, and if it didn't, they'll fall in love! If it did, I'll take care of Jongin myself." Bogum nodded, turning right. 

Heechul chuckled. Irene was a beauty, but he wasn't falling for her. After all, he just wants to make love happen, not have love happen to him.

* * *

Irene woke up. She was feeling nauseous but decided to brush her teeth anyway. Seulgi was in the shower, singing. In the morning? Irene shrugged. She was too tired to talk. "Good morning!" Seulgi yelled when she heard Irene open the door. Irene was drowsy, nearly fainting on the floor. "Good morning...?" Seulgi asked when she didn't hear the cheerful Irene answer. 

As Seulgi finished quickly and got out of the shower, she saw Irene sleeping on the floor. Seulgi laughed lightly and dragged her to her room. Seulgi got dressed properly and sighed. Just as she was going to put Irene on the bed, her doorbell rang.

"HEYYYY?! IRENE?! IT'S WENDY AND YOUR EX-BOYFRIEND IS HERE! DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW YOU'RE AT SEULGI'S HOUSE!" Wendy shouted clearly. Seulgi chuckled and woke Irene up. Irene was tired and even slapped Seulgi on accident but eventually woke up. "Ex-boyfriend?" Irene asked when they opened the door for Wendy. Wendy smiled like a dork. "Yeah! Remember that dude named Jongin? It's that hottie!" she exclaimed. Irene raised an eyebrow as she was brushing her teeth.

Seulgi was feeling an emotion she has never felt before. Irene was sleepy and yawned. Seulgi remembered looking at Irene yawn in highschool. Irene shrugged and went back to the bathroom to spit out the toothpaste and got dressed correctly, in Seulgi's clothes.

"Tell him I'm taken," Irene said. Wendy's mouth slightly opened but then she smirked. "By who?" Wendy asked, clearly interested. Irene raised an eyebrow and glared at Wendy, causing her to stop. "Okay, okay, I got you granny! Goodness...," Wendy muttered, sighing. Seulgi suddenly smiled, remembering the Irene in highschool. Irene was fixing her clothes and was talking but Seulgi was daydreaming....... then she remembered Jongin...

"It's okay, Irene..," Jongin said, patting her back. Irene was sobbing. She and Wendy had gotten in a big fight. Kim Yongsun had classes so she texted Jongin to comfort her. Irene sniffed and looked at Jongin. They stared at each other in the eyes. Seulgi had just accidentally seen it and nearly gasped. She had to keep quiet. It wasn't pleasant to see the next scene.

Irene and Jongin had kissed. In the classroom. Seulgi's heart was broken. "Seulgi!" someone yelled. "Seulgi!" Seulgi couldn't move.

"Seulgi!" Irene yelled, snapping her fingers in front of Seulgi's face and then intensely shaking her. Seulgi blinked and looked at Irene. "H-hey... was that Jongin your first kiss?" Seulgi asked curiously. Irene blinked and laughed. "Yeah, why. Wait--" Seulgi's hand cut her off and she chuckled nervously. "Bye Wendy!" Seulgi said, waving goodbye to her. Wendy raised an eyebrow and then smirked. "No hickeys okay!" Wendy yelled as she locked the door and slammed it shut.

Irene was brought upstairs into the hallways. Seulgi was panting and then looked at Irene. They were close and felt close. "Irene..... I have something to confess," Seulgi started. Irene gulped. She was hoping that Seulgi would confess her love. "I.... Actually I....." Seulgi couldn't spit out the words about their past. The incident that Seulgi caused. Seulgi had fallen for Irene since highschool. Seulgi couldn't spit the words.

"I.... I like to say that I--" before Seulgi could even finish her sentence, Irene had already grabbed her by the collar and pulled her in for a kiss. Seulgi was going crazy. She didn't deserve such a wonderful girl like Irene, yet she was kissing her. 

Irene honestly that Seulgi was confessing her love. Seulgi blinked and she started blushing. Seulgi knew that she loved Irene and Irene felt the same back, but they can't be together because..... Seulgi was the cause of Irene's parents' death. "Irene.... we can't be together....," Seulgi said. Irene started to turn to Seulgi. "Why?" she asked. Seulgi gulped.

She just couldn't spit it out. Because I killed your parents! Seulgi thought. I don't deserve you! You deserve Jongin! Seulgi smiled bitterly at Irene who just smiled at her. Seulgi couldn't hold in her guilt but smiled anyway. "Nevermind."

Sometimes it hurts to be in a relationship that you can never be in.

(Short chapter but tension is rising.)