The Bear

Karaoke

(This chapter and next chapter is just going to be a bit of background knowledge about the two.)

Kang Seulgi was a timid and shy girl. She stuttered whenever she talked and didn't have the courage to stand up for herself. Of course, she had no parents. Her mother was murdered by her father and her father committed suicide after that. She was then delivered to live with her foster parents. Her mother was extremely abusive, but that was her way of love. Her father was a caring man who would reason with her mother and would take care of her deeply.

Suddenly one day, her mother was kidnapped, , and murdered and then her father abandoned her. She was delivered once more to new foster parents that treated her kindly. "Seulgi, we hope you have a great time staying with us," they said, smiling with open arms. Seulgi couldn't bear to realize how superficial they were. She ran away and told herself that she would make a home of her own. She began working many shifts, which the owners of all the shifts she works at kindly gave her at least $20 an hour. 

That's until she entered highschool. She met someone she didn't deserve. Bae Joohyun. She just had a small crush, since she had superficial parents, she thought Joohyun would be a horrible person. She was pretty and always helped everyone whenever she could. Sometimes she acts rudely towards others that she resented.

But Seulgi understands. She realizes that Joohyun isn't just a person with pure intenions, but a person who could be empathetic and understand you deeply. If she can't, she'll do everything to understand. Seulgi fell for her harder when she saw many boys trying to court her. Of course, not like those dramatic love stories. They all asked her out, she rejected, they shrugged and left. Seulgi sighed deeply whenever she would encounter a confession every now and then.

When it was time to graduate, Seulgi said goodbye to random students and Joohyun. Seulgi was a lonely girl because nobody seemed to care to know her and they didn't even know her past or anything. Plus, they all had their friends already. Nothing romantic happened much. After a short break from graduation, she went to that wedding and met Joohyun. She was invited by Taeyeon herself, who saw Seulgi being beat up by gangsters, to come. Taeyeon was a wealthy woman who cared deeply about others.

During the wedding, Seulgi met Joohyun there. Unfortunately, that's when the incident happened. Seulgi was devestated, and Taemin took her home. She was afraid that Taemin would do something horrible to her, but he just told her to clean herself up and make herself at home, to shower, brush her teeth, change into some spare clothes, and rest. She did that, and Taemin drove her back to Taeyeon's house, or mansion, I shall say.

"Come Seulgi. I will let you be under me now," Taeyeon told Seulgi when she saved her from the gangsters. Taeyeon took real good care of her and her wife. Her wife was also nice. Seulgi never got to really know her since Taeyeon and her would barely be home. Taeyeon was still with her now, of course. They truly love each other. That's when Seulgi realized what love was. "Is love being loyal?" Seulgi remembered asking Taeyeon once. Taeyeon just laughed at her. "You''ll find out when you're in love," she told Seulgi.

A few years later, when Seulgi entered college and majored in dancing and vocal skills, she met her again. Bae Joohyun. Seulgi always thought about how cute she was when she was jealous of Seulgi's range of vocals and her techniques in dancing. She was popular for being so amazing. Bae Joohyun was popular for being beautiful.

That's until she realized that it's more than that. After a few years of training with Joohyun, she realized that the woman had given up. She stopped trying and caring about her field of study and went out more. Seulgi always wondered what was in the mind of that woman. "Joohyun! Don't give up!" she would hear her real friends who really cared about her cheering her on. All Joohyun did was smile and nod.

Though, Seulgi never really got the chance to talk to her because Joohyun would just turn her down. "Look, if you're one of my fangirls, I have no time for you," she would tell Seulgi, rejecting her. She doesn't even remember me! Seulgi thought. What right does she have to say that?! But Seulgi knew that she would let Joohyun step over her anyday, so she decided to stop thinking that.

After a year of college, she mastered her bachelor's degree and Joohyun did too after a few more years after. Since Seulgi was considered a genuis... But after that, Joohyun didn't even try to get her master's degree. It was only until she was 27 that Seulgi saw her again. 2 years later, I see you again, Seulgi thought after she had received her doctor's degree.

Joohyun was more confident in her skills, but she was immeidately discouraged after seeing her friends improved so much. Seulgi didn't know her friends' names at that time, but they were definetly better than her. Except that blondie who would always laugh after seeing herself dance in the mirror.

Seulgi was quite the professor there. All the students fell for her, how young she was, how skilled and intelligent she was, and how beautiful she was. But she only saw one girl in her heart. Sadly, Joohyun didn't see the same in her. Seulgi explained her feelings to Taeyeon that day. Taeyeon gave her some advice about love, but she concluded and told Seulgi, "I can't guide you through every bit of your life." Seulgi didn't tell Taeyeon about how she met her during the wedding and ultimately caused her parents's death.

One day as she was going home, she saw a student running towards her. "Hey, sunbaenim! You know that Joohyun girl you always look at with hearts in your eyes? Yeah, she goes to this--," she points to a building on the paper she's holding and showing to Seulgi, "karaoke. I just thought you needed to know. After all, my ship will become true if you know, right?" Seulgi chuckled.

"Thanks Sooyoung," Seulgi thanked as she winked at her. Sooyoung laughed. "I have another woman in my eyes. Wait.... I guess she's not a woman yet. Anyways, you can't make my heart flutter like she does," Sooyoung says with hearts in her eyes. Seulgi laughed.

That's how Seulgi bought the karaoke a year later and met Joohyun. Everything just happened so fast, and now they're already dating.

Little does Seulgi know that she can't handle Joohyun like she thought she could. And little did she know that there would be problems facing their relationship.....

(If something sounds off, please tell me. I edited this chapter at least 3 times to check if everything was on spar after the chapters I wrote before already. OH, BTW, I made the school system kind of like America's, I swear I'm still researching about Korea's school system. All I know about my language rn is that I am planning to study Spanish.)