December 21st

Karaoke

(Be prepared for some of Joyri and some of Wendy and Solar next chapter. Hehe~. BTW, I made Seungwan older than Seulgi.)

(Flashback)

Irene was a girl with long, black hair. Her eyes were dark brown, and she was considered beautiful. Of course, as you should know already, she's wearing a beautiful, sparkling black dress. Seulgi, on the other hand, is wearing spectacles that sparkle beautifully and she has long, dark brown hair. She was wearing a beret and a plain and simple black shirt with a heart and a short skirt.

The 18-year old girl, Bae Joohyun, was bored. There's a group of cute boys on the other side of the building. The cute girls are on this area, cute girls including Joohyun. Joohyun was at someone's wedding. Joohyun thinks the bride's name is Taeyeon, Taeyeon is getting married to another woman. Taeyeon is only a few years older than Joohyun, too. She was 23, and she greeted Joohyun and they chatted a little. 

Joohyun roamed around the building until she saw a girl eating some of the desserts. Joohyun chuckled. "Hey," Joohyun approached the girl. I mean, Joohyun wanted some desserts too, right? The girl looked up at Joohyun. "Oh, hi," she greeted back. Joohyun smiled warmly.

"My name's Bae Joohyun. Uh... I just.... wanted to greet you," Joohyun said. The girl giggled. "Hey," she greeted back. That's all she did and she left Joohyun. Joohyun frowned. Rude girl, Joohyun thought. Joohyun started wandering around the building again. It was huge with a bunch of balloons and cake everywhere. "Hey! Joohyun!" yelled a familiar voice. It was Son Seungwan, Joohyun's best friend. "The ceremony is about to start, you comin' to watch it?" she asked. Joohyun nodded and followed Seungwan to the ceremony.

The lights were suddenly dim as the couple appeared. Joohyun was astonished at how Taeyeon looked. Her wife looked beautiful. "Enjoying the wedding?" a voice beside her asked. Joohyun turned to see Yoonna. "Yoona-unnie!" Joohyun gasped. Yoona giggled.

"Drop the unnie, Joohyun." Joohyun smiled. "You're making me look old." Joohyun rolled her eyes. "You are old, unnie." Yoona giggled and hit Joohyun on the arm. Joohyun and Yoona laughed.

"You two, shhh! They're kissing!" Seungwan hushed. Joohyun and Yoona looked at the couple. They were kissing. "Heh, how romantic," Yoona said, shrugging. Joohyun looked at Yoona. "It's not like they'll stay together forever anyway." Joohyun was confused on why Yoona felt differently from her. She thought it was disgusting, while Joohyun thought it was romantic. "Is this not what couples do?" Joohyun asked. Yoona smirked. "There was different ways to show love, Joohyun." Joohyun tilted her head, causing Yoona to sigh and leave.

Joohyun shrugged it off. After the ceremoney, everybody started dancing like in a club and ordering drinks. Since Joohyun was a minor, she was only able to order juice. "Seriously, unnie?! You look 20 to me," Seungwan said. Joohyun slapped Seungwan on the arm and laughed. As Seungwan left to fetch some of her friends, Joohyun ordered juice alone. 

As she received her order and started drinking it from a straw, someone accidentally bumped into her and spilled it all over her beautiful black dress. "Oops, sorry!" the person exclaimed. Joohyun looked up to see the girl from before. The girl looked at Joohyun and they both made eye-contact. "Joohyun?" the girl asked. Joohyun blinked and smiled at the girl.

"So you remember my name after all," Joohyun said. The girl shrugged. Her spectacles shined brightly and she flashed Joohyun a smile. She smiles like a dork, Joohyun thought. "How old are you?" Joohyun asked her. The girl looked up at her. "14." Joohyun bit her lip. She suddenly realized she couldn't court the girl in any way. "Oh." The girl laughed. "Why are you disappointed?"

Joohyun shrugged. "I don't know..." The girl smiled and they chatted all night about things. Joohyun thought the girl was beautiful, despite being 14. Maybe when we're older, Joohyun thought. The girl waved her hand in front of Joohyun's face. "Joohyun-unnie?" Joohyun looked at the girl. She realized Yoona was right, it did make her feel much older. "Hey hey, you make me feel old," Joohyun said, laughing. The girl smiled.

"Why?" Joohyun looked at the girl. "You look young. Hmm... 15?" Joohyun nearly choked on her saliva. Seungwan was only 16, so it wouldn't matter that much to be friends. Maybe Joohyun just prefers younger friends, except for her friend Yongsun, who couldn't be at the wedding. Yongsun was also 18. But 14? Isn't that a little young? "Joohyun?" the girl asked once again. Joohyun looked at the girl.

The monolid girl suddenly hugged Joohyun. Joohyun's face turned red. "So... you're 15?" the girl asked, her voice sounding as if she had a chance. "Um, no. Well, to tell you the truth, I'm 18....," Joohyun replied. The girl raised an eyebrow. The monolid smiled and shrugged. As they chatted along, her parents called her in the middle of a conversation about their love lives.

"Yeah?" Joohyun asked once she answered the phone. "Joohyun, my baby? Is the weather safe? Your father is drunk and accidentally stepped on his phone and I dropped my phone in the toilet. I'm using my mom's phone right now. She has a flip phone by the way," her mother said in an instant. Joohyun blinked.

"Oh. Yeah, I'll check it, hold on." Joohyun turned back and walked towards the monolid girl. "Can you check the weather for me?" Joohyun whispered. The monolid girl nodded and pulled out her phone. A phone at 14, huh? Joohyun thought. "Hmm, seems safe. Doesn't look bad to me," the monolid girl replied. Joohyun nodded at the answer.

Joohyun got herself back on the phone. "My friend says it doesn't look too bad, why?" she asked. Her mother sighed. "Good, me and your father have to go home. Maybe ask one of your uncles or aunties to drive you home." Joohyun chuckled. Her mother ended the call and Joohyun went back to sit with the monolid girl. Her monolid-shaped eyes were beautiful. She resembled a bear so much. 

The bear-like girl blinked and smiled brightly at Joohyun. She suddenly frowned. "I hope they get home safe," she said. Joohyun raised an eyebrow. She got out her phone and checked the weather. "Oh ! I mean, sorry 14-year old, but it's....." Joohyun turned to look at the monolid girl. The weather said that the roads were dangerous and icy. The air would be freezing. "I expect you to stay indoors," the weather stated. Joohyun gulped.

"I'm sure it can't be too bad," the monolid girl assured her. Joohyun turned to her. She suddenly smiled. Maybe she was right. She had to trust in her parents. Joohyun was so absorbed into the monolid girl. After a few hours of roaming and chatting together with the girl, she suddenly realized something. "I never asked your name," Joohyun said. The girl turned to Joohyun and was about to answer until Joohyun's uncle's friend, Taemin, came running over. "J-Joohyun!" Y-your parents... the-they... car-car crash!" was all he said.

Joohyun was depressed. She quickly ran over to her grandma. "Grandma! Are you serious?! My p-parents--!" Joohyun was cut off as her grandma stood up. "I-I'm sorry Joo-Joohyun... i-it was all-all my f-fault...," her grandma stuttered. "My daughter...," she sobbed. Joohyun was heartbroken. Her very parents.... died.... on the most special day. 

"Joohyun! Are you okay?!" a voice asked her. Joohyun turned around to see the 14-year old girl. "GO AWAY!" Joohyun snapped and slapped the girl across the face. She was enraged. "NO! I'M NOT!" Joohyun yelled, crying. The 14-year old girl just watched her, with a sad face. 

"I-I'm sorry.. i-if th-that's what y-you wanted to hear... J-Joohyun... no..... it's all m-my fault...," the monolid girl sobbed. She looked up to see everyone leaving and panicking towards the exit. Except for her. "Hey, come on," someone behind her said. It was Taemin. He smiled warmly at her and she left along with everyone else. The day was a happy and sad day for everyone.