Bae Joohyun

Karaoke

"I'm surprised to meet you here, out of all places," Nayeon said casually, as if they were at a normal party and haven't seen each other for years. Irene cringed.
"Right."
Irene wasn't interested in what Nayeon had to say but when Nayeon said that name, Irene knew that she needed information. Nayeon was looking at her nails and when she glanced at Irene, Irene would turn away. "Irene-unnie, you don't need to look at me like that. I'm not a monster, you know." Nayeon smirked. Nayeon offered Irene some water and Irene drank it. "I figured you would be thirsty," Nayeon said. Irene glared at Nayeon.

Nayeon was Irene's bestfriend when they were in 3rd grade. That's until Nayeon and Irene liked the same boy, Jeon Jungkook, that they separated. Even after Irene told Nayeon, Nayeon stole Jungkook from her. Nayeon broke up with him a few weeks later and made Irene's 3rd grade year miserable. Of course, it was only because they were foolish children. Now they're grown up. 
"Gosh, you really want me to tell you how Joohyun is doing, don't you?" Nayeon asked Irene, checking herself out from a mirror that she suddenly had. Irene looked at Nayeon admiring herself. 
"I do," Irene admitted. Nayeon chuckled. "Why did you run away?" Nayeon asked. Irene flinched and glanced at Nayeon once more. Nayeon didn't have that playful face anymore. Irene clenched her teeth and tried to bite her tongue to prevent herself from answering, but Nayeon was ready to blackmail her. "Are you sure that you're not going to tell me?" Nayeon inquired once more. Irene had a tear roll down her cheek. Suddenly, blood was gushing out of . Out of her lip and down her chin. Nayeon chuckled.

"Irene, you can't trust me? Third grade was just us being stupid. This is where things really come into place," Nayeon said. Irene started sobbing out of pain but she gave up. Nayeon had already showed her the photos from her phone. "B-because....... Joohyun seemed so happy without me..," Irene answered. Nayeon grinned evilly. "You mean with Kang Seulgi?" Nayeon taunted. Irene started crying.

"You know she's part of the Parks now, right? She's married to Park Woojin." Irene stopped. Blood stopped coming out of and Nayeon tried to cover her. Irene stopped and looked at her bloody hand. "Now, I'll answer your question about Joohyun. She's doing fine but she's on her way for that Kang of yours. Kang Sluggy or Shinigami or somethi--"
"You mean Seulgi?" Irene said. Nayeon shrugged.
"Couldn't care less. Anyways, Joohyun will even divorce Woojin to have her." 
Irene sighed. "She can  have her," Joohyun started to say, but Nayeon suddenly slapped her. 

"Sorry," Nayeon apologized but she didn't help Joohyun up. "It's just that... you're willing to give up that easily?" Nayeon inquired. Irene bit her bloody lip. Nayeon sighed. "What if I was in love with Seulgi? Would you still fight for her?" Nayeon asked, determined to get Irene to fight for her woman. Irene stayed frozen. Nayeon rolled her eyes at the older woman.

"Joohyun..... she still loves you," Nayeon stated as she was getting ready to leave Irene. "She'll do anything for you, even if it means leaving Seulgi. Her weakness is you. Don't be vulnerable." And with that, Nayeon disappeared. Irene's bloody lip was throbbing with pain and Irene ran to the underground bathroom and washed her blood. She looked atrocious and dirty. Her disheveled hair was not helping. Irene felt miserable. Was she really just giving up Seulgi just like that? Irene squinted her eyes when she started inspecting her arm. Her vision was getting blurry. She suddenly remembered the water that Nayeon gave her. Poison with water was such a simple way to make someone faint...

"Ack!" Irene managed to exclaim, but her voice was fading. Her instincts were telling her to survive but she couldn't breathe. She suddenly remembered something...

"This is for you!" Joohyun exclaimed, giving the flower to Irene. "I think that someday, you'd find the one for you." Irene blushed and took the flower. The two were now skipping in the field full of flowers. 
"Don't ever forget me," Joohyun suddenly said to Irene. Irene looked at Joohyun and was only met with a serious face. Joohyun suddenly picked another flower and told Irene to eat it. "Don't worry, it's not poisonous or anything. It'll help you with poison. Trust me," Joohyun explained. Irene nodded and gulped. She grabbed the flower and stuffed it inside and swallowed. 

Irene gasped. Her heart ached and her lungs were barely swallowing oxygen. It was dark. No one was around her. Irene stood up and felt walls. She walked while her right hand was on the wall. She walked straight and, as she was unfamiliar with the place, bumped into objects. She bumped into a wall and turned right and walked out a doorway. Irene couldn't see anything.... and suddenly, someone grabbed her.

Irene may have been vulnerable and weak right then and there, but her spirit had not faded yet. She kicked and roared and even punched the person's face at some point. But her power wasn't enough as the person nearly broke her bones as they twisted her body a bit and threw her inside of what she assumed was a truck. Blindfolded and tape taped to , she couldn't do anything. The engine started and Irene felt drowsy again. Irene's arms and legs were tied now. And as someone tried to keep her under control, Irene bit the person's hands, causing them to scream.

Irene felt someone's hand and tried to bite it, but unfortunately she bit her tongue, which caused blood to come spilling out of . Irene moaned in pain and was punched in the face. Irene clenched her teeth.

"You are strong," Seulgi said. Joohyun blushed. Irene was spying and eavesdropping on them. She heard that Seulgi was moving away which caused her to be extremely sad. Joohyun held Seulgi's hands. "You're beautiful and strong, too." Seulgi smiled and they kissed. Perfectly, under the moon. Irene went into incognito as the couple decided to sleep.
"What do you think about Irene?" Joohyun asked, holding Seulgi's hand. Seulgi thought for a moment. "She's like you, except that she feels younger." Seulgi kissed Joohyun's forehead. "Go to sleep now," Seulgi told her, which caused Joohyun to giggle.

"I think that Irene is the most beautiful person on this world besides you," Joohyun said, her eyes with a certain sparkle. One that Seulgi and Irene has never seen before. "She's talented and beautiful and smart and kind. She's just a little introverted but she's the best sister I could ever ask for!" Joohyun smiled.
Seulgi smiled and they fell asleep shortly after.
Irene left the couple with a smile on her face. She may love Seulgi, but she loves Joohyun even more!

" YOU!" Irene managed to scream and that made the kidnappers flustered. Irene managed to stand up and as she was walking in the driving truck, the kidnappers tried to cut her but sliced the rope instead and now her legs were free. Irene kicked wherever and the kidnappers yelped as they fell, blood rushing from their noses, eyes, or mouths. 

Irene was panting. "Irene please... we work for Joohyun," the kidnappers said, begging for mercy. Irene growled.
"Then take me to her," Irene replied coldly. She was like an emotionless robot. She didn't feel like the sweet Joohyun who had a wondeful relationship with Seungwan or who flirted with Seulgi.

"I need to see her beautiful face one more damn time," Irene said.