Peck

Karaoke

Kang Seulgi, or known as Seulgi, is a genuis. She majored in dancing and singing when she was 23 and when she wasa 16, she was enrolled in a college. Unfortunately, she has a side that nobody has seen before. When she sees someone.... her eyes are full of lust. Not a single drop of love. FORTUNATELY, her personality and her traits are good and pure. Her intentions aren't bad. 

She is very busy with work, so she barely has time to make friends. She does have a friend named Lee Hyukjae. But he's currently in the military. She is a workaholic, but when she bought this karaoke, her life changed....

(I rewrote this chapter a lot and I finally decided on this one. Improve me if I .)

* * *

Seulgi was walking down in the streets of Seoul. She had declined to tell the beauty back at the karaoke, yet she still had remorse from her choice. Seulgi was yawning as she a noodle shop open. "Wow, this late?" Seulgi asked, looking around the restaurant. "Hello? One bowl of..." Seulgi looked at the menu. "Pho please?" The cashier yawned. When the cashier nodded to Seulgi, Seulgi sat down on one of the tables. 

As the food arrived, another customer came in. And another. And another. What's with the young customers....? Seulgi thought. "Oh gosh, look! The new drink!" a teenager--Seulgi assumed--shouted. Seulgi snapped her head quickly to the menu. Seulgi thought if she should finish her pho. Seulgi chuckled. "HEY! This girl is laughing at me!" the teenager yelled. The boy walked to her.

"I bet you can't beat me," the boy challenged. Seulgi scoffed. The other teenagers started chanting his name. "KANG DANIEL! KANG DANIEL!" Seulgi chuckled again. Another Kang? Tough time beating a Kang, let's see how the kid does. "Why are you making such a big deal out of nothing?" a voice suddenly asked. Seulgi turned to look at another teenage boy. Daniel quickly snapped and punched the boy hard, making him faint. "OH !" a girl yelled. Daniel smirked and suddenly threw a punch at Seulgi, but Seulgi dodged.

Seulgi realized how much muscle Daniel actually has. "YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT A KANG?!" Daniel yelled, kicking Seulgi with his knee on her chin, causing her to fall back on her pho. Her back got all wet and the soup was still hot. Ouch. Seulgi just wiped the blood off her cheek. Daniel punched her face at least 6 times before Seulgi twisted his wrist. ", you think you can beat another Kang?" Daniel groaned in pain.

The teenagers stayed silent until Seulgi left the restaurant. Seulgi had at least a bruise on her cheek and a purple eye. So much for being professional, Seulgi.... Seulgi walked to her home. A nice, general home she would say. Seulgi sighed as he touched her bruise. It hurt badly, but at least she beat Daniel easily and was able to escape easily. Seulgi entered her home and immediately laid down on her bed. She looked over to see a picture of her parents. Seulgi smiled. 

Seulgi decided to take a shower before aiding her injuries. Seulgi took a quick shower since the water gushed down on her skin, hurting her wounds. "Ouch, damn," Seulgi muttered when she actually tried aiding her wounds. She sighed as she laid back on her couch. She TV and watched whatever was on. "How am I going to go to work tomorrow? 'Oh, I just beat a teenage boy! Nothing's wrong!' Ugh....." Seulgi face palmed herself. She was obviously older than the teenager yet she decided to "teach him a lesson". 

After a while of thinking on the couch, Seulgi left the living room and went to sleep. "This is what I get for avoiding my crush..... and for having no friends," Seulgi said with a sigh. And she drifted off to sleep.

* * *

Irene woke up, stressed. Seulgi had declined her question and just left without a word. Irene woke up, brushed her teeth, and got dressed for work. Irene works as a librarian. She loved watching the children come inside the library and find books and read. As Irene herself, even though she's majoring in something completely different, she loves reading. Since she thinks of herself as "unskilled" and "untalented", she sometimes wish she should've majored in language arts.

As she dressed formally, she drove herself to the library. She was happy, satisfied with her job. The children had already began their hunt for books. Irene smiled as a child, around 6 or 7, gave her a book. It was an American book, the Harry Potter series, by J.K. Rowling. "Aish, are you sure this book isn't too hard for you?" Irene asked. The child snapped. "OF COURSE NOT! I HAVE AN IQ OF 146!" Irene raised an eyebrow and let the boy borrow the book for 2 weeks.

Irene yawned as the children and students began checking books in. Irene decided to go to the karaoke, but she thought, definitely not because of Seulgi. As Irene drove to the karaoke and parked her car, she decided to take off her jacket, or whatever you call it, since it would make her look too formal. Irene walked inside the karaoke for paid for the same room, Room 4. Irene shivered as she felt a slight..... breeze...... or so she thought. 

She began singing.... or challenging herself, and she began singing Ailee. But just as she started, someone barged in. "AISH! IRENE! We didn't know you would come here... t-too!" Wendy stuttered, trying to catch her breath. "Look! I heard from Kim Yeri that when she went drinking with her group of friends, Seulgi actually got beat up! Loo--!" It was enough for Irene to leave the karaoke, put the mic in between Wendy's hands, and go right into her car.

* * *

Irene doesn't know Seulgi's address. Irene actually thinks Seulgi was at work, or the karaoke. Irene didn't drive that far yet, so she turned back and saw Wendy coming out of the karaoke. "WENDY! Is Seulgi here?" Irene asked. Wendy shrugged and left. Irene just watched her leave. "O....kay....," Irene muttered and walked inside and to the second floor.

Of course, Seulgi was there, but she was napping. Irene walked in and actually.... she thought Seulgi was cute. Irene blushed at the sight of the sleeping bear. Irene just looked around the room, and that's when Irene noticed Seulgi's purple eye. Irene frowned and decided to write a note to her. That's when Irene subconsciously pecked her lips on Seulgi's cheek and quickly left the room, thinking that she was undetected.

Oh boy, was she wrong.