The Goddess

Karaoke

You know a lot about Joohyun already, don't you? Her parents are dead. At the first chapter though, I told you, her father wanted her to major in something else. That was when Joohyun was about 16 that she told her father she wanted to major in dancing and singing. Other than that, she had enough money to manage herself. Unfortunately, something that traumatized her was how she nearly got beat up and by her own teacher. "Why do you have to be so perfect, Bae Joohyun?" he told her before he stripped off his pants. Joohyun's cries were muffled, but some bear girl saved her.

"It's okay.....," the bear told her. Joohyun was too afraid to look at the bear. She was afraid of her teacher. She was afraid of what the bear would do to her. Joohyun was 17 here. Honestly, Joohyun thought the bear was a year younger than her. "I'm Seulgi and I'm 13. I'm sorry that I don't know how to handle this situation well. My mom works here and she dropped me off to work with extra papers."

Joohyun nodded. She cried too much to be able to talk. The bear smiled and just took her outside and ran back inside. Joohyun never saw her ever again, she even waited 15 minutes for her to come out. Joohyun thanked the bear and was very thankful for that she did. Honestly, I have no idea on how Seulgi saved her.

Anyways, a year later, she went to her parents's friend, Taeyeon, and her wife's wedding. Joohyun found a bear, and she didn't know if she was the same 13-year old that saved her a year ago. She looks exactly like her.... but Joohyun couldn't confirm it. It was the day that her parents died. Her new friend told her that the weather was safe and that the roads were safe enough to go outside and to drive, but it wasn't. Still, even after all that, as selfless as Joohyun was, she believed that it was her fault, not the bear's.

After that, when Joohyun was 20, she went to college. She encountered someone that she felt like she's met before. Kang Seulgi? Did she have her in her class in highschool? She didn't really know, honestly. There was such a big age bag and there was such a big skill gap. She was jealous of her and she had made friends, such as the teenager Kim Yeri. She went to the karaoke to practice, and she cared for the teen a lot.

"If you don't try, you won't care. And if you don't care, you won't have that passion. And if you don't have that passion, you won't accomplish your dreams," her friend, Son Seungwan, told her. Joohyun seriously tried her hardest, but she felt like she wasn't good enough and after she graduated, she didn't dare try to go to school ever again. Seungwan had already graduated and obtained her degrees, leaving Joohyun alone. "I'm sorry, but I still have that passion," Seungwan told her.

And that's how Joohyun gained confident and determination. Watching her friend be so happy made her worried that she won't have that same goal and passion and she'll be extremely hated upon. She also went to the karaoke every now and then. When she was 27, she finally decided to go back to college. It wasn't that bad as she thought, but she was discouraged right away. Oh well, can't quit now, she thought. Then, she met her again. The bear. 

She had rejected her when she wanted to talk to Joohyun. Honestly, Joohyun thought she was just one of her fangirls, but her ehart would thump loudly when she would pass by. "Seungwan?" Joohyun asked. Seungwan turned to her, and Joohyun always wanted to tell her feelings about the bear to Seungwan, but she was relunctant and just said, "Nevermind." Seungwan laughed it off.

Honestly, Joohyun was shocked when some of the professors combined Joohyun, Seulgi, and Seungwan in a group and made Seungwan the main vocalist. "Seungwan, you must be aboely amazing to win their hearts," Joohyun told her. Seungwan laughed and shook her head. "Honestly, I thought that too!" she replied and laughed. Seulgi just smiled and just practiced with them. That was until Seulgi had suddenly approached her, making Joohyun speechless and unable to reject her like she did before.

"Ummmm.... Joohyun-unnie?" she asked. Joohyun tilted her head in confusion. She hummed in responce as she grabbed stuff from her locker (like her backpack, *rolls eyes*) "U-um............." she couldn't say anything. That made Joohyun giggle and leave. She left a vulnerable Seulgi standing in the hallways.

Of course, she had no idea that the Seulgi that bought the karaoke was the same person. After all, she was getting older and forgetting things. "It's apart of life, girl," her friend, Kim Yongsun, said to her. Joohyun completely agreed with this statement. "You're right, maybe I should just confess to her and leave her so that she doesn't come back to my life," Joohyun said casually. After all, Seulgi was just a slight crush. Yongsun rolled her eyes.

"Look, Bae Joohyun... do you really think that woman, what was her name? Sluggi right? Anyways, do you really think Sluggi would reject a beauty like you?" Yongsun asked. Joohyun was too busy laughing. "Sluggi?! Where did you come up with such a name? Her name is Seulgi!" Yongsun started to laugh too. She apologized and continued on with her life lesson, "Anyways, I think you should be with her." That made Joohyun freeze, Every part of her body froze and was silenced. 

That was when she saw a girl snooping on them. Kang Seulgi? "Joohyun? Goodness, did I say too much...?" Yongsun muttered. Joohyun blinked and she was back to reality. 

She never got over Seulgi. The stupid thing about this girl is that she doesn't even recognize Seulgi's name after only a year. Of course, those sly tricksters, Seungwan and Yongsun, do remember. "Joohyun, you're stupid as hell," they would say randomly, both shaking their heads in unison, making Joohyun confused. Joohyun may be dating Seulgi, but she'll never remember her. (yet)

Anyways, the thing you're probably wondering is why Seungwan, Yongsun, and Joohyun call themselves Wendy, Solar, and Irene. Of course Seungwan herself gave them these nicknames, but I have no idea why. Seungwan has to tell you herself in this story. Secrets are made to either be kept or revealed, just like how promises are made to either be completed or broken.