Repetition

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Ch.01
Repetition

 

 

As usual, Jo Yuri would wake up early in the morning, scrolling over her e-mail if anyone going to assign her for a new part-time job. She had her eyes narrowed, feeling her whole body sore due to the exhausting work she did yesterday. 

 

Yuri never really applied for a full-time job because of her condition. Consequently, she typically replaced someone's place for a day and received their pay on that particular day. That would be easier since people wouldn't recognize her on the very next day anyway. 

 

Though she has been living like that, she was practically grateful because sometimes her disadvantage did help her at some point. Especially, when she accidentally made a mistake to some people, she could get through it without any problems. 

 

Today too, she received an e-mail for her to be at some fashion show and being an assistant for a day. She quickly accepted it knowing that the money she will receive would be triple than she routinely gets. 

 

Yuri woke up from the bed, heading towards the bathroom to take a shower and as soon as she had done prepare herself for the part-time job, she took a quick breakfast by acquiring a piece of bread and spread some Nutella on it. She didn't really like a heavy meal in the morning so this would be sufficient for her; at least for now. 

 

When she was confident that she was ready for work, Yuri put on her sneakers and opened the door just to mark the next-door girl was talking to her new girlfriend, she guessed. 

 

"Oh, Yuri," Chaeyeon flashed a kindly smile towards her and it actually shook Yuri a little while on how the girl could recognize her. 

 

Because you know, no one remembers her after a day. But then, she reminded of something happened presumably a few months ago. 

 

 

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

 

 

It's basically midnight, and she was trying to sleep when suddenly someone knocks on the door. Frankly saying, there will be no one would knock on Yuri's door other than delivery man but then... she didn't order anything, though. 

 

Regardless, Yuri went to get the door and greeted by a girl who had her eyes swollen, most likely she has been crying in agony for hours, "Chaeyeon, what are you doing here?" Yuri looked around but no one to be seen around her. She used to have another girl beside her.

 

Chaeyeon lifted up her head to perceive the girl but quickly frowned, "Who are you?" She curiously asked and when her wobbly legs couldn't support her any longer, Yuri promptly placed her hands on the girl's shoulders to make her stand up, "Oh, you're Yuri, right," She giggled. 

 

Yuri was actually flustered to grasp this side of Chaeyeon as she consistently allowed a smile plastered on her face, "Let's just go in first," The girl carefully guided Chaeyeon towards her living room and cautiously placed her on the couch, "Are you okay?" She took the seat beside Chaeyeon and looked at the miserable girl with a pair of concern eyes. 

 

Chaeyeon had nibbled with her lower lips, more tears coming out from her eyes, "Eun--Eunbi, she broke up with me," Again, Chaeyeon burst into tears and throw herself into Yuri's comforting embrace. Yuri had no other choice but to slowly the girl's back, "Sh---She said she didn't love me anymore and she just wants our relationship to endㅡ  But I know Yuri, she--- she had someone else." 

 

Yuri had frowned when Chaeyeon uttered those but... from Yuri's memories, she did recall on something. She had no idea on how to calm someone down from a break up because she, herself never been in a relationship. Damn. 

 

"You will get someone better, Chaeyeon. I'm pretty sure you will," Yuri hopes her words could soothe the girl down at some point, "I can't really say anything to you because the following day you wake up, you won't remember me anyway," Her voice getting slower as she mentioned those. 

 

Chaeyeon inclined her head, wiping the uncontrollable tears on her cheeks, "But I try so hard to remember you, Yuri. I even write a journal on you. You helped me a lot. When I had no one, you're there for me, though I can't really remember you," There's a sense of overwhelming guilt in the distinctive tone Chaeyeon used, " I know the memories on you now would disappear from my mind but at the very least, I know I had someone by my side. I owe you a lot, Jo Yuri."

 

 

 

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

 

 

If only Yuri could elect someone to remember her existence in the world, it would be Lee Chaeyeon. She practically the only friend Yuri had for now, though. Yuri then simply greeted both Chaeyeon and her new girlfriend before excused herself to go to work. 

 

"Is that your new neighbour? Why do I think like I consistently see a diff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter