Exhilaration

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Ch.18
Exhilaration
 

 

 

 

Wonyoung was sitting alone at the edge of the brick on the rooftop alone, allowing her long legs swinging into the air, with her eyes locked at the breathtaking view in front of her. 

 

A sigh came out from her lips as she checked her phone for new messages. 

 

“Am I really doing the right thing?” She mumbled alone, “Is she really the one for me?” 

 

Wonyoung started to question the things that have been lingering in her mind for days.

 

Ever since their encounter with Minjoo the other day, Wonyoung has been distancing herself from Yujin with a reason she didn’t even know why. Just, maybe, she felt overwhelmed when Yujin still reacts the same when she met Minjoo even after she dates Wonyoung. 

 

Let’s just say, Wonyoung felt insecure towards Yujin’s ex-girlfriend. 

 

“Hey,” A voice distracted her wandering mind but she chose to overlook it since she knows the one who greeted her very well. 

 

“Jang Wonyoung,” The girl softly called out for her friend when she didn’t reply. 

 

Wonyoung had heaved out another sigh before she looked at the owner of the voice, “Ugh, why are you here?” Her lips slightly curved upwards trying to produce a friendly smile, but all did she knows, she couldn’t hide the concerned frown she had on her face. 

 

“Well, I was just trying to get some fresh air, and I saw you,” She naturally took the vacant seat beside Wonyoung. 

 

“You know you can’t lie to me, right?” 

 

Wonyoung raised both of her eyebrows, “Yujin told you something, isn’t she?” 

 

The girl burst into a small laugh as she awkwardly rubbed her neck, “Exposed,” She muttered. 

 

“It’s nothing. Really,” Wonyoung smilingly assured the girl even before her friend urged her with the question. 

 

“Jang Wonyoung, you do know you couldn’t lie to me, right?” She repeated the same statement as Wonyoung did. 

 

Wonyoung giggled, “Seriously, Yena. You don’t have anything to worry about.”

 

“If there’s nothing I need to worry about, you wouldn’t avoid Yujin for days,” Yena stated, “Do you think I can’t see the way you ignore Yujin every time she wanted to have a conversation with you? Like how cold your treatment was towards her? I’m not blind, Wonyoung,” She continued thoughtfully. 

 

Wonyoung nibbled on her lips, looking anxious with the words uttered by Yena. 

 

“Is it because of Minjoo?” 

 

That one question managed to make both Wonyoung’s eyes severely shaking with her teeth busy gnawing her lips. 

 

She got her. Accurately. 

 

Yena sighed, “Wonyoung, I know what you’re thinking about. You’re afraid with the considered possibility Yujin might change her mind?” 

 

It’s ridiculous but Wonyoung nodded to the question urged by Yena. 

 

Yena crossed her arms, “I don’t think you should worry about that.” 

 

Wonyoung furrowed her eyebrows, “What do you mean by that?” 

 

She hummed before answering gently, “I know Yujin better than anyone. She wouldn’t simply ask you to be her girlfriend if she wasn’t serious about it. Trust me, she started to like you, Wonyoung. She appreciates you now and that’s all matters.”

 

A bright smile slowly forming on Yena’s lips as she prominently mentioned those. 

 

“Well, she might be having a hard time to move on from her past, but I believe you could help her overcome it. That’s what you initially wanted to do right?” 

 

Those direct statements began to liberally sprinkle some hope towards Wonyoung to at least believe in herself, trying mightily her best for the relationship. 

 

“So, Wonyoung, don’t think too much and just follow the flow. I know, and I’m sure both of you are made for each other.”

 

 

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

 

 

“Sakura, where are we going?” Chaeyeon asked when the girl kept dragging to somewhere she wasn’t familiar with. 

 

Sakura looked at her girlfriend, unanimously passing a suspicious look before she continued walking with Chaeyeon’s wrist in hers. 

 

Candidly saying, they met every single day, but they routinely spend their date at either Chaeyeon or Sakura’s house because they prefer to lazy around instead of having activities outside the house. Well, they could say they’re a homebody person. 

 

But suddenly, Sakura texted her this morning, saying that she would pick up Chaeyeon at home and bring it somewhere. 

 

Yes, Chaeyeon did ask the girl where she wanted to go, but Sakura wholly ignored her text as she didn’t receive the reply even after the promised time almost come. 

 

In the end, here she is, blindly following Sakura without knowing precisely where they will end up at. 

 

“Yah, Miyawaki Sakura, you didn’t dump your car to drag me somewhere I don’t even know,” Chaeyeon justly complained. 

 

Sakura kept walking resolutely, merely ignoring the girl because her goal right now is more important than anything else. Chaeyeon sighed, giving up on questioning the girl and decided to silently follow her girlfriend from behind. 

 

After minutes of walking, they finally reached a space filled with flowers since it’s spring now but most importantly, there’s something attracted her eyes. 

 

Chaeyeon engaged her eyes on that particular view as it started to shake, “Sa---Sakura,” Tears started to form in her very eyes. 

 

Sakura chuckled upon seeing Chaeyeon’s reaction, “Why? What?” She pretended like she recognizes nothing when it’s her plan from the start. 

 

“Wh---What is this?” Chaeyeon walked towards the tent which their pictures were hanging gracefully around it, filled with the memories they had together. She looked at it one by one and tears began to drip down her cheeks, “I---Wh--What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter