Contention

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Ch.08
Contention

 

 

Yena had pressed the passcode for the locked door before she spread it with all of her might. Jokes. She felt absolutely thrilled at the moment after what happened at Yuri's house and she was reasonably certain, she didn't want to go back home. 

 

But then, Yuri insisted for Yena to head home because the others might be worried about her. And well, she couldn't deny that because Yujin has been calling her for the past few days. 

 

It's just she's too occupied with Yuri to barely return the call. 

 

"I'm home." 

 

She greeted the residence of the house, but only Yujin could be seen was sitting in front of the dark-screen television. Yena frowned her eyebrows but then, considering at how messy the house was, she was deadly sure there's something bad happened around here. 

 

Magazines laid on the floor, pots, and bowls being unwashed in the sink and even the cushions were scattered around the house... It's such a mess. 

 

Clearly, Wonyoung wasn't at home because if she ever is, she wouldn't merely let the house being like this. Then, that's mean... Yujin and Wonyoung presumably have their nth world wars. 

 

Yena simply shrugged her shoulders when Yujin literally ignored her existence there for the whole time she was standing in front of the door. The older thought it wasn't going to be a brilliant idea to disturb Yujin's emotion, so Yena decided to tip-toeing as she headed to her room when suddenly a voice could be heard halted her movement. 

 

"You look too peaceful and happy for someone has left the house for ing more than a week," Yujin claimed sarcastically with both of her eyes glared at the older girl.  

 

She looks both furious and depressed because of something Yena didn't grasp the reason why yet. 

 

Yena nibbled her lower lips, feeling guilty to ignore the younger girl but... she's actually mad at Yujin for doing to Yuri. Like even though she knows Yujin couldn't remember Yuri, still it doesn't issue her a ticket to allow the things slide like that. 

 

It's too much. 

 

Yena... she hates the fact that every time she perceived Yuri,  it would be her crying side and not a smiley one. 

 

"Are you going to use me as your punching bag?" Yena cautiously asked but we all know she merely wants to mock the younger girl. Yujin used to do that with Wonyoung. 

 

It would be a fool if Yena didn't notice the fact Wonyoung had been admiring Yujin for so long. Ever since the first time she came into the house. Her eyes have eternally been on her, Ahn Yujin. 

 

"As expected from Yena," She snorted before her hand hugged the knees she had on the couch before buried her face on it, trying so hard to conceal the tears that were about to escape her eyes. 

 

To be honest, Yena didn't want to interfere with their problems since she knows if Wonyoung made the decision to leave the house, that's mean, Yujin already cross the line Wonyoung has been maintaining all these times. 

 

But then, as someone who knows them the longest, other than being the oldest, Yena had the responsibility to take care of them. And there she goes, taking a seat beside Yujin, "Hey, tell me. What happened?" She sought with an incredibly gentle voice as that's the sole way Yujin would respond to her question.

 

Yujin inclined her head up, looking at Yena with an obviously swollen eyes before tears started to stream down her cheeks; again. 

 

Yes, Yena felt bad for Yujin. 

 

She heaved out a sigh before pulling the younger girl into a hug as one of her hand silently caressed the girl's hair, "Hey, it's going to be okay, I promised you. I will bring Wonyoung back, okay?"

 

Yena made a promise that she wasn't even sure whether she could keep or not. 

 

 

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

 

 

When Chaeyeon sent a message that she wants to see Yuri at the cafe near their house, obviously it freaked Yuri out. Because Chaeyeon has rarely sent a text to her except when she drunk. Nevertheless, Yuri agreed to it. 

 

After she forcefully asked the older girl to leave the house, finally, Yuri had the whole house by herself. It has been a long time since she felt the peaceful she used to have in her life. 

 

Yuri's rosy lips suddenly curved upwards upon the thought of someone named Choi Yena. Her fingers then instantly moved towards her lips that have been claimed by the older girl a moment ago,  "She kissed me," Yuri muttered alone as her cheeks turned red, most probably blushing over the memories. 

 

She quickly tossed back her head when she realized the silly thoughts she undoubtedly had in her conscious mind,  "You're being silly, Jo Yuri," She adequately warned herself to promptly stop imagining things. 

 

Yuri next went to her room and get herself ready to go out and saw Chaeyeon after a long time. Somehow it has been days since she locked herself in the house and she had no idea why she didn't kick Yena out from her house. 

 

That one thing she was curious about it. 

 

Yuri knows that Chaeyeon only lives right beside her house but then there must seem to be a reasonable reason why she wanted to see her outside so she merely agreed with it. When Yuri reached there, Chaeyeon was already there waiting for her. 

 

"Hey, have you been here for a long time? Sorry for late, I have something I need to settle with," Yuri gripped the vacant seat in front of Chaeyeon with a cheerful smile plastered on her face. 

 

She wasn't sure whether she's genuinely pleased to see Chaeyeon or it's because of what happened just now. The girl doesn't yield any reliable answer for it. 

 

Chaeyeon gently replied it with a pleasant smile as well, "Not really. Maybe for about 30 minutes?" Yuri's eyes widened to heed it, "I'm kidding, Yuri. It has only been 5 minutes since I reached here," Chaeyeon chuckled, looking at the cute reaction given by the younger girl. 

 

The girl pouted her lips before rolled her eyes, "Yeah, that's the least I could expect from you, Lee Chaeyeon."

 

"By the way, there's a reason why I called you out here," Chaeyeon went straight to the reason why she contacted the girl. But before she could continue with her words, the buzzer on the table giving a signal that her drinks were at present done. 

 

The older girl heaved out a silent sigh, "Wait, for a while, I will go and get out drinks." 

 

Yuri jerked her head. 

 

After a while, Chaeyeon came with a tray that has two glasses of coffees and a piece of cake in it, "I hope you don't mind that I ordered a Hazelnut Caramel Coffee for you," The girl took her previous seat before placing the food on the table. 

 

Yuri smiled upon her words, "You sure know what is my favourite drink," Yuri praised the girl as she took a sip of the drink bought by Chaeyeon, "So, what do you want to talk about?" She had both of her eyebrows raised, waiting for Chaeyeon's following words but she seems she's hesitating to utter it. 

 

"Actually, about the gi---." 

 

Another beep disrupted them but this time, it's Yuri's phone. A direct message popped out on the screen and Chaeyeon clearly marked the name of the sender. She couldn't help but to discreetly smile over it. 

 

"Wait," Yuri insisted as she started to reply the message with the same cheery smile on her face, "Okay, let's continue." 

 

She set her phone down, but all she could perceive was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter