Bewilderation

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Ch.04
Bewilderation

 

 

Chaewon retained her both arm and legs crossed as she stared wonderingly into the girl in front of her. Two glasses of the iced americanos being ordered by Chaewon till now haven't been touched by anyone. The dripping of transparent liquid could be clearly seen on the glass as the ice melts down. 

 

"Do you want to say something or we're going to stay silent until night?" Chaewon finally had urged the girl. 

 

She raised both of her eyebrows, expecting a reply but the girl still with the previous state, spacing out and allowed her fingers played with the straw inside her glasses. 

 

The younger girl heaved out a sigh as she exactly knows the topic the girl wants to talk about. But to be honest, she didn't want to talk about it, like, she was already tired interfering with her cousin's love life. She couldn't even control hers, then why should she bother with anyone's else? 

 

But earnestly saying, as the one who witnesses everything from the start, and being the only who knows everything from A to Z, Chaewon bore the responsibility to oversee everything and make things right when something went off. 

 

"Look, Sian, I know Eunbi being jerk lately but you need to understand that she might probably stress overㅡ"

 

"I want a break-up," Sian had gnawed with her lower lips as soon as she uttered with the words. 

 

It's indeed hard for her to forcibly express it because heck, everyone knows how much she loves Eunbi. She won't even get close to the girl at the first place if she knows this would be their end. 

 

Truthfully, Sian could admit that Eunbi is actually her first love. She never dated anyone before, and Eunbi would be the first one who managed to steal her heart. She genuinely thought they would last forever but not until... Sigh. 

 

There will be no used for her to declare everything, right? 

 

Because... it's at present at the end of their story. There will be no new chapter to write anymore. 

 

Chaewon frowned severely, "But why? I don't get it. I thought you loved her."

 

"Yes, I do," Sian's lips slightly curved upwards producing a genuine smile, "But what could I do if her heart wasn't even mine from the first place? It's just me... who loves her, but what about her? Did she ever think of me for even once in her whole life?" 

 

The younger girl clamped her lips, "Do you perhaps know aboutㅡ" Chaewon didn't want to guess anything but if Sian reacted like this, then it's virtually confirmed she already knows the harsh truth behind why Eunbi started to approach her at the first place. 

 

Damn, at a key moment like this, Chaewon really wished she didn't recall anything about it, because to be honest, it will purely make things harder for her. 

 

"Chaeyeon. She still contacts her, right?" Chaewon's eyes widened when that particular name came out from Sian's lips. 

 

No. That wasn't what Chaewon had in her mind. 

 

She never imagines that Sian will know Chaeyeon. It's practically impossible for Sian to know her. 

 

Chaewon knows how much Eunbi has been concealing the fact that she already had a girlfriend when she started to flirt with Sian back then. 

 

Heck, Eunbi allegedly knows Sian has been having a crush on her since they're in sophomore year and she took the opportunity to lure her as she regards the girl as someone easy. 

 

Like even after years graduated, Sian still likes Eunbi and she practically being the happiest girl ever after Eunbi started to approach her. She thought Eunbi was true about her feelings but bet, she was just hallucinating. 

 

"How did you know Chaeyeon? Eunbi told you about her?" Chaewon curiously sought the older with that question. 

 

If Sian already knows about Chaeyeon, then there's no use for Chaewon to make things right again. Because, the moment Chaeyeon's name being included in their relationship, it's literally over. 

 

It's the end; in another word. 

 

Sian jerked her head, "Just, I bound to know about it," She smiled bitterly.

 

"So, I bet this would be our last meeting. Please send my regard to Eunbi, I will text her later for the break-up. I don't think I could afford to mention it right in front of her face because, to be honest, I don't want to end things between us. I love her so much. I loveㅡ" 

 

She choked into tears, her burning cheeks started to get wet by the liquid coming out from her eyes, "Ah, I tried so hard to hold my tears today but seems like I failed to do it," She let out a small chuckle before started to wipe the uncontrollable tears using her fingers.

 

"Anyway, thank you for everything Chaewon. You did a lot for me, seriously," Sian flashed a pained smile before she got up from the seat, "Then, I will go now. Take care." The older girl took her leave, leaving Chaewon dumbfounded behind. 

 

 

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

 

 

"So, Yuri, how did you find out about this work?" Sian tried to have a conversation with the girl she claimed younger than her. Gyuri told so; that the girl is a few younger than her. 

 

But to be honest, Yuri looks mature than her age. 

 

Yuri raised both of her eyebrows while her hand still hold onto the black dress she was about to hang on its place. 

 

She hummed to the question, "Just I post about wanting a part-time job and I received an e-mail from Ms. Gyuri," Yuri explained. 

 

Sian frowned upon her answer, "Gyuri sent you an e-mail directly?" Yuri nodded, "That's unexpectable. You know, Gyuri would typically ask other staffs to find for a part-time worker. So, if she ever contacted you directly, then that's mean you're really experienced." 

 

The younger smile had an embarrassed smile plastered on her face. She didn't know whether she should take it as a compliment or not. 

 

It sounds like a gracious word but then... she barely knows Gyuri neither Sian. So, how should she really judge them and trust everything being said by them? 

 

"Really? Just, I did a lot of part-time jobs before. You may not remember this but I, in fact, saw you before."

 

Her remarkable statement managed to promptly catch Sian's attention as she suddenly halted her works and devoted full attention to Yuri.

 

"Where did you see me?" 

 

Yuri gulped, obviously feeling discomfort by the fascinated stare given, "At Bellatrix Cafe. You're with a girl when I mark you," She cautiously declared it. 

 

Well, to be honest, till now Yuri positively refused to believe that Sian was the reason behind why Chaeyeon broke up with Eunbi. Like, earnestly saying, she didn't look that bad. 

 

The more she associates with her, the more she undoubtedly found Sian was actually a nice girl. 

 

"Oh, Eunbi?" Yuri jerked her head without her knowing, "You know her?" Sian frowned thoughtfully as she noted her response. 

 

Yuri's eyes widened, "Kind of," She flustered a little bit. 

 

Heck, Yuri could never lie. At this point, she was actually worried that she might blurt out something she shouldn't. 

 

Sian bobbed, "She rarely talks to me about her friends, though. So, I don't really know anyone around her."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter