Selection

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Ch.17
Selection

 

 

Yuri knows this is the right thing to do for now. 

 

After Yena encountered her in Japan, Yuri really tried so hard to merely avoid the girl as she didn’t want to talk to her. Not when the problem she had in her mind still hasn’t settled yet. 

 

It’s hard actually, to admit that the mistake she had done was entirely her fault and no one else. 

 

She could have pushed Chaewon away. 

 

She could have drunk alone instead of inviting the girl. 

 

Yuri… she could stop everything from happening but she let it become the worst memory she ever had. The biggest regret she could ever retain in her whole life. 

 

Currently, she was sitting alone at the cafe she used to come with Yena. She was vainly hoping to actually bump into Yena but seems like none of that going to happen. 

 

Yena still in Japan, she could solemnly assure that because Chaeyeon called her this morning saying that she, in fact, found Yena at a bar, drinking alone last night. 

 

While Yuri, she didn’t think twice when she decided to go back to Korea and wisely resolve the mistake she did. 

 

“Hey,” She startled when someone greeted her. 

 

Yuri elevated her head up to see a familiar figure was standing at ease at her table, “Have a seat,” She offered the empty chair in front of her for the girl. 

 

She took the vacant seat and settled herself down, “So, why do you want to see me?” 

 

A smile could be seen on her face, looking happy that the girl decided to contact after a week went missing. 

 

But little thing she didn’t realize, the expression Yuri had on her face, wasn’t good at all. She was contemplating in so many things. 

 

“Th--That,” Yuri had gnawed with her lips, fiddled with her fingers as she gulped, clearing instantly , striking the right moment to be honest. 

 

But before she could say anything, the waiter comes to her table, gently placed the drink she ordered just now, “I hope you don’t mind I ordered you an Ice Chocolate,” Yuri stated. 

 

She quickly jerked her head, “No, it’s okay. As long as I can drink it,” The girl took a sip of the drink in front of her. 

 

“Ch--Chaewon,” Yuri stuttered, obviously looking nervous. 

 

“Yuri, chill. Why are you looking so nervous?” Chaewon reasonably assured the girl, “Oh, yes. I’m so happy when you decided to call me. I’ve been waiting for your call every day,” She happily claimed, “I really think you’re going to ignore after what I told you---”

 

“I’m here to talk about that.” 

 

Chaewon frowned her eyebrows as she believes the words going to come out from Yuri weren’t a satisfactory one. 

 

“O---Oh, re---really?” 

 

She forced a smile on her face, pretending she looks okay with the sudden change of mood between them. 

 

“I understand how you feel about me but Chaewon, you don’t know me. You can’t even---”

 

“I know you, Yuri. I know you so well. I’ve been looking for you these past---” 

 

Yuri’s lips curved slightly upwards, “I’m sorry Chaewon, but I need to say no for your feelings,” She politely rejected the girl at one beat. 

 

Candidly saying, no one could remember Yuri existence before so how come everyone could like her now? 

 

Just because she had met her right one, and people typically started to fondly remember her, she could take it as an advantage to do whatever she wants. 

 

Most probably, Yuri was just confused with everything happened. 

 

Chaewon’s complex was already pale upon the sudden rejection by the girl she has been seeking the past few years. 

 

“B--But, can I know why?” She gathered the sufficient courage she last had when she confessed the other night to ask the question that she presumably knows she wouldn’t want to hear the answer. 

 

Yuri gathered a deep breath as she looked into her eyes, “I--I have someone that I love and I don’t want to hurt her anymore.” 

 

That’s it. 

 

The only thing Chaewon desperately wanted to scarcely avoid the most. 

 

It’s fine if she rejected her because she would just casually have another shot but… Not with the fact, the girl was someone else’s. 

 

“I’m sorry Chaewon; I hope you understand,” Yuri flashed a small smile as she grabbed her purse, excusing herself from the girl.

 

 

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

 

 

She was clueless. 

 

Completely clueless. 

 

She didn’t know she will do something till this extent. 

 

She genuinely thought she really had reached her limit but bet; she’s however here, not giving up on the reality she was supposed to face. 

 

Sian heaved out a deep sigh, inducing the strangers’ attention around her. 

 

She bit her lips, hugging herself as she  her both arms, feeling cold due to the sudden climate changes. 

 

“What the hell are you thinking about, Lee Sian?” She scolded herself, lightly hit her head using her fist. 

 

She continued regardless, walking aimlessly, typically trying to discover the real reason why she’s here in the first place. 

 

She subtly reminded of her conversation with Gyuri a few days ago.

 

“Are you sure with what you’re going to do?” Sian slightly smiled upon the nth times being asked about the same question. 

 

She shrugged her shoulders, undoubtedly continue to pack her clothes in the luggage. 

 

Gyuri scoffed, naturally trying to prop Sian but she quickly flapped her hand, “Just let me be, Gyuri,” She glared savagely at the older girl. 

 

“Yah, Lee Sian, you know that there’s no guarantee for her to accept you back?!” Gyuri intentionally raised her voice, feeling frustrated with the girl in front of her. 

 

Sian gnawed her lips, “I know, I know that. B---But,” Tears started to form in her eyes, begging to escape, “I---I need to at least try.” 

 

Bead of foolish tears streaming do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter