Provocation

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Ch.10
Provocation

 

 

If only Yuri could decline Yena's invitation, she really would do it. She merely wants to stay beside Chaeyeon and soothe the girl down. Her break up was too sudden and Yuri pretty sure, Chaeyeon is still in agony. 

 

Who would ever expect Sakura noticed about the true feelings Chaeyeon had in herself?

 

The fact that she lied to everyone. 

 

She lied when she told she was already moving on from Eunbi. 

 

She lied when she told she loved Sakura. 

 

Chaeyeon, she lied to everyone because she thought she would never get caught. 

 

Earnestly saying, Yuri maybe already know about it when Chaeyeon would randomly come to her house and whining on how unfair life could be to her for making her first love away from her. 

 

Chaeyeon has always loved Eunbi and it never even stop from the start. 

 

"Do I really need to go, Yena?" Yuri had her lips pouted, literally begging to not attend the party. 

 

It wasn't her party anyway. Like, she could never fit those chaebols, though. 

 

Yena, who was already done with her makeover as she wore a sleeveless black long dress that has sparkle on it, raised both of her eyebrows, "It's about the time for you to go back to your old life. Like seriously, who didn't know the only daughter of Jo's family?" She had crossed her arms and leaned comfortably her back on the wall, at the room door. 

 

"Everyone thought I was gone, Yena. You know that," Yuri's gentle voice came out slow when she uttered those. As if she was trying to deny the bitter reality, she had to face for the past years. 

 

Until the day Chaeyeon finally admitted that she adequately managed to remember correctly Yuri. Yuri would say that was presumably the happiest day for her. 

 

Knowing that someone could finally have her in their mind and... she was totally hoping everyone would do the same; it is exactly happening when she managed to work in the same place for two weeks as of now. 

 

Yena heaved out a silent sigh as she generated her way to the girl who was sitting in front of the mirror, "Jo Yuri," She bent her back, winding her arms around the girl's neck as she placed her head on hers, "No matter what happens, I will always be by your side. I promise. I won't leave you alone."

 

"You said exactly the same thing five years ago," She muttered under her breath but could be heard by the older girl. 

 

"But thatㅡ"

 

"Yes, I know. You don't have to remind me," Yuri levelled her eyes as she took a glance at Yena, "I don't know Yena. All of these were just too sudden. I'm not ready for any of it. I'm not prepared to confront the world I used to see five years ago. Like, it's just... I'm afraid." 

 

Yena's rosy lips slightly curved upwards. She could admit that she's genuinely glad and happy when Yuri slowly opened to her. 

 

She knows how secretive Yuri could be, and she had no plan to force in telling all of her problems. Yena typically preferred Yuri to tell her by herself. That would be better for both sides. 

 

Yena crouched down, carefully setting the girl to face her as she bore her both hands into hers, "Hey," Yuri had her head lowered down with her teeth biting her lower lips. 

 

Yes, she was vainly trying to hold back her tears. Yuri wasn't sure why but in front of Yena, she was nothing but a little girl who loves to cry on every single thing. 

 

"Jo Yuri," Yena placed prominently her palm on the younger's girl cheek as she slowly caressed it, "Trust me. No one going to hurt you anymore. I will protect you, okay?" A bead of tears escaped Yuri's eyes, "Hey, don't cry. We're going to a party, remember?" 

 

Yuri pouted her lips, "I thought I managed to persuade you to cancel your plan in bringing me," She hastily wiped the tears running down her cheeks. 

 

Yena let out small chuckle looking favorably at Yuri's adorable reaction, "Party is still on, baby," She winked, "Let's go," She stood up and graciously offered her hand to the younger girl. 

 

And Yuri knows no matter how many times she refuses, she will end up holding that hand. The lone hand she needs for her to survive in this world.

 

 

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

 

 

"Thank you, Wonyoung. For always being by my side," Yujin declared as she had typically done applying the cherry colour tint on her lips. She looked earnestly at Wonyoung reflection on the mirror before her lips slowly curved upwards. 

 

Wonyoung, who was busy playing with her phone, immediately lifted up her head, looking at the older girl with both of her eyebrows raised, "It wasn't something to thank about though," She simply answered. 

 

Yujin smiled, "I just want to thank you. I feel like I've been jerk lately that I forget I have someone who will always stand by my side," She stated before clutching her purse and looked steadfastly at the girl who until now having her legs crossed on the bed, "What are you doing, Wonyoung? We might be late for the party."

 

"But I'm not going," Wonyoung blankly twinkled her eyes for few times, "I thought I told you that I am not going there because Jinyoung is never my friend the first place."

 

The older girl severely frowned her eyebrows; she didn't know what kind of nonsense has been uttered by Wonyoung, "What the hell are you trying to tell me? Whether you want it or not, you have to go. As my partner," She gleefully announced the last words quite slow but still could be caught by Wonyoung. 

 

"What did you say?" The girl was trying so hard to suppress the smile she had on her face at the moment. 

 

Yujin's glowing cheeks blushed, "Just go and get ready. I will call Mr. Lee to fetch us from here," The older girl quickly focused on her phone, pretending she was calling for her driver when in fact, the man has already been waiting for them since 15 minutes ago. 

 

Wonyoung lightly chuckled before made her way to her wardrobe. 

 

Oh, yes, forget to mention that Yujin loves to make over herself on Wonyoung's room. No one knows why but she just did. 

 

"I will wait for you outside," Her eyes couldn't help but to glance at Wonyoung who was currently changing her clothes. 

 

"You could stay if you want," The younger girl gently teased her causing Yujin's rosy cheeks turned red, more than before. 

 

The girl instantly looked downwards, "N--No," She stuttered, "It's okay." 

 

As soon as Yujin made her way out, Wonyoung smiled in front of the mirror with a modest light pink dress on, "I will make you mine tonight, Ahn Yujin," She told herself.

 

 

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

 

 

The party was comparatively simple compared to how Jinyoung always held it before. Plus, the theme was just smart casual and no one invariably wore sorts of weird costumes, it looks like a normal party and seriously, no one would believe that Jinyoung held it. 

 

He has always been the extra one when it comes to the party or the others could say he loves doing party, at least once a month. 

 

"Jinyoung, you know Chaewon hates it if you do something without her permission," Minju's expression satisfactorily explained it all. She was anxious about something Jinyoung was about to do. 

 

Yes, she's not that close to Jinyoung as she casually knows him from Chaewon but she clearly knows that Chaewon was really going to hate Jinyoung after this if he ever proceeds with his plan. 

 

"She won't get mad if you didn't tell her about it. I tell you about it so that you will know where she should be when I was about to announce it. That's all. I don't need your unfavorable opinion," Jinyoung came out stern. 

 

Minju couldn't declare anything more because she wasn't at the place to do so. She didn't know what exactly happened between the two of them and she was reasonably sure, she didn't want to know. 

 

"You should've told Eunbi instead of me. We're cousins but Eunbi was way closer to Chaewon rather than me," She mumbled as she crossed her arms. 

 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes, "Because Eunbi is ing complicated. I don't want to associate with her."

 

"And you want to say I'm not?" 

 

The boy merely shrugged his shoulders, "Well, I know your history. Because who didn't know right? And I know it has been years since you didn't contact her." 

 

Minju's expression suddenly becomes gloomy as if someone forcibly opened her deep secret. 

 

A secret she has been keeping from everyone in wish that no one could recall it. 

 

"Don't worry. No one actually knows about it. I know about it because yeah, you know. I love to hear about other people's life," Jinyoung winked as his back leaned on the wall, with his arms crossed, "But Minju," He paused thoughtfully for a while, reading attentively the girl's anxious expression. 

 

Her big eyes blankly looked at Jinyoung, waiting for his next words. His lips curved upwards forming a smirk, "You come here because you know she will be here right?" 

 

She stunned upon his prior statement. 

 

Minju scarcely allowed her eyes slightly shaking as she gulped as if a clump actually stuck in her throat. There's a sudden anxiousness arose as a consequence in herself. 

 

Suddenly, she forgets on what Jinyoung was about to do in a few minutes. She lost.

 

 

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

 

 

Wonyoung and Yujin had arrived earlier than they ever expected. Because Yena hasn't reached

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter