two.

Game of Deception

Sehun looks one more time at the mirror to see if he's presentable enough. Well, not that he has to since he's the son of Aphrodite for goddess' sakes but he just wants to make sure.

 

"You look gorgeous." Sehun turns and he grins when he sees Donghae right at his bedroom door.

 

"You didn't even knock." He points out.

 

"It's my privilege." Donghae shrugs. "I'm driving you to the office today. Are you ready?"

 

Sehun grabs the folder at his bedside table. "Yep. I'm excited."

 

"Don't be so confident though, I read that your prey is a real lady killer. Seducing him won't be so easy." Donghae reminds. "You might have aced your interview but meeting him is the real deal."

 

"It's like you don't even know me." Sehun rolls his eyes. "This will be a piece of cake."

 

Donghae drives Sehun towards the company. Before getting off the car, Donghae holds onto Sehun's arm. "What is it?" the younger asks.

 

"Something feels weird." Donghae says. "Do you sense it?"

 

"Sense what?"

 

Donghae looks around. "Nevermind... but be careful."

 

"You're being paranoid." Sehun chuckles. "I'll be fine. Kim Jongin is just another one of my targets."

 

"But just to be sure..." Donghae tugs him closer. Sehun thought he was messing around but the elder's gaze says otherwise. Sehun knows he's just worried so he allowed him to pull him close.

 

Donghae pulls him in for a kiss. Sehun's grown used to is so he lets the elder take the lead. Donghae pulls away with a satisfied grin on his lips. He swipes his thumb onto the younger's bottom lip before letting him go.

 

"Good, now you're all covered up with Eros' pheromones. You're attractiveness is skyrocketing right now." Donghae says.

 

"If I get jumped, I'm blaming you." Sehun waves him goodbye as he left the car.

 

"Update me, I'll head over to my target as well." Donghae says.

 

Once he was gone, Sehun heads straight into the company building. As expected, heads were turning as he made his way towards the receptionist.

 

He internally curses Donghae. He didn't need Eros' pheromones. He already catches a lot of attention normally, he doesn't need more of it. Right now it feels like everyone that lands their eyes on him is mentally undressing him. He only asks for Donghae’s help when he's facing difficult targets but the elder seems persistent with helping him today.

 

Donghae is also the number one reason on why he became such a good kisser. When they became partners, Sehun is nothing but a complete novice and Eros' son trained him for almost everything. Everything except though. Because unlike Donghae, Sehun doesn't need to have to maintain his powers. That's one of the differences between Aphrodite and Eros' powers. That is also why Sehun doesn't need to go all the way with any of his targets.

 

"Good morning, I'm here for Mister Kim Jongin, I'm his new assistant." Sehun greets the receptionist.

 

The receptionist instantly blushes upon seeing him. "Oh... wow." she breathes out.

 

"I get that a lot." He mutters under his breath. "So, may I know where's Mister Kim's office?" he asks.

 

"He prefers to be called sir Jongin since Mister Kim is his father." the receptionist reminds. "His office is at the fifteenth floor."

 

Sehun thanks her before heading towards the elevator. He fixes his I.D and checks if his files were complete. He presses the fifteenth floor button and waits.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"He's here." Jongin drawls. "I'll need end the call for now, Baekhyun." he says.

 

"How can you tell that he arrived though? He has always been subtle with his previous targets." Baekhyun asks.

 

"He's probably at the receptionist by now. I feel it getting stronger. His pheromones are overwhelming. I think he got help from Eros' son." Jongin scowls. "It's pretty dumb of them."

 

Baekhyun chuckles. "This Sehun kid is practically walking into the lion's den. You have good skills at picking up a demigod's pheromones so it's practically a wrong move."

 

"It really is but that doesn't mean I'm completely immune to it." Jongin scrunches his nose. "I haven't even personally seen him but I'm already intoxicated with his scent."

 

Baekhyun gives him a thoughtful look. "I packed some pills that will make you immune to Eros' pheromones. I asked from one of Asclepius' kids."

 

"You're always so prepared, Baekhyun."

 

"I saw this coming." Baekhyun shrugs.

 

"But where is the fun in that?" Jongin grins. "I'm willing to play along with his game."

 

The son of Athena also saw this coming so he simply exhales. "As long as you get to bring him here at camp in one piece. I'll call you again later." Jongin simply salutes with two of his fingers before ending the call.

 

As if on cue, he hears a knock on his door. Jongin didn't need to ask who it was, he can tell that it's Sehun... or in this case it's Shixun since he's using a different name. "Come in."

 

The door opens and he sees his secretary guiding Sehun inside. Sehun thanks the secretary before closing the door and heading in.

 

Jongin was stunned for a moment as he looks at his new assistant. He truly lives up to his name as Aphrodite's son. Jet black hair, pale skin, long eyelashes, kissable lips, the list just goes on.

 

"Good morning sir. I'm Wu Shixun." Sehun greets once he was in front of his desk. "It's nice to finally meet my boss." he reaches out his hand.

 

Jongin slowly stands up. "My pleasure," He accepts Sehun's hand and he nearly smirks when Sehun trembles.

 

If Sehun is using his powers, he'll use his too. Sehun's playing dirty by taking advantage of both Aphrodite and Eros' powers so Jongin used Ares' powers as well. Being the son of the god of war, Jongin inherited the dominating and threatening aura that his father uses when in battle. That power alone made his enemies in Sparta kneel before him.

 

Jongin is curious though... will the goddess' son kneel for him?

 

Sehun flinches away from the handshake but he instantly gives Jongin an apologetic look. "I-I'm sorry."

 

 

 

Wow... Jongin just made Aphrodite's son stutter.

 

 

 

Jongin takes a seat again, Sehun takes his folder out. "I brought my files, by the way. They told me to show you in case you want to change your mind."

 

Jongin waves him off. "I went through your files the moment you passed your interview so there's no need. However..." Jongin leans forward and laces his fingers together before resting his chin on them. "Are you sure you can protect me enough? I know you'd work well as a personal assistant but you're my bodyguard too."

 

Sehun slightly tilts his head and looks at him. "I don't think you'd need protecting though." he muses as he checks Jongin out. "But who wouldn't risk their life for a man like you?"

 

Ah, he's a dangerous one indeed. Two can play at that game.

 

"I'll need you more as an assistant than as a bodyguard anyways. I'd feel guilty if your pretty face ever gets harmed because of me." Jongin fires back.

 

Sehun looks genuinely surprised with how easily he flirts back but he looks satisfied. "Any orders for me yet?" he asks.

 

Jongin opens his desk drawing and takes out a folder. "Have these signed then bring them to the finance department, keep the yellow copies stay with me while the blue ones are the receiving copies. Ask my secretary if you have more questions."

 

"Understood." Sehun nods before leaving his office.

 

Once Sehun was gone, Jongin calls Baekhyun once again. "I supposed you already met him?" the son of Athena inquires.

 

"Yes I did. I'm trying to lead him on for now. He probably thinks I'm an easy target for now." Jongin tells him.

 

"You're supposed to have a bad temper so don't be too nice on him so easily." Baekhyun reminds.

 

"His pheromones are a bit in control of me for now that's why I'm nicer than usual."

 

"I think Sehun hasn't met a lot of demigods his whole life." Baekhyun muses. "Other demigods could sense fellow demigods."

 

"Cut him some slack!" Someone interferes from Baekhyun's side. "Yo, Jongin!"

 

Jongin grins when he sees his Chanyeol, the son of Hephaestus who also happened to be his best friend, appearing beside Baekhyun. "Madame Aphro's son has only been with one demigod his whole life and it's been only six years since he discovered that the goddess of beauty is his mommy so of course he doesn't know how things work yet."

 

"That still didn't stop him from abusing his powers though." Baekhyun interferes. "He's a conman, a thief and that is a crime punishable in both Earth and Olympus."

 

"Oh Zeus, please don't tell me the kid is gonna get a death sentence." Chanyeol winces.

 

"He never killed or hurt anyone so no." Baekhyun shakes his head.

 

Chanyeol sighs in relief. "Anyways Jongin if you could rank all of Madame Aphro's kids including Sehun, who is the prettiest?" he asks.

 

"Sehun, no doubt." Jongin answers.

 

"Really? He's prettier than Irene? Yoona? Jennie? Even Jeonghan or Eunwoo?" Chanyeol curiously asks.

 

"In my eyes, yes." Jongin says. "Or it's probably the pheromones talking."

 

"I doubt it, I've seen a picture of him and damn I wish he's been here at camp ever since." Chanyeol sighs. "A face like that could start a war like Helen did."

 

The son of Athena visibly rolls his eyes at him. "Anyways just proceed with the plan, Jongin. He needs to let his guard down and trust you but don't be too easy because Eros' son will be getting updates from him as well." Baekhyun reminds.

 

"Got it, I know what to do so don't worry."

 

 

 

 

 

                                       

 

 

 

 

 

It's definitely a good day for Sehun. He definitely made a good impression with Jongin earlier. He didn't expect his boss to flirt back with him so quickly but Donghae's help made things even easier for him. It was so easy to make a good impression with the other employees as well. He was all smiles as he got the papers signed.

 

After routing around the office for almost two hours, he returns to Jongin's office. His boss was currently talking to an employee when he enters.

 

"Thank you for approving the design, sir Jongin." the employee smiles seductively before leaving the office. Sehun didn't miss the sway of her hips. He was suddenly reminded that Jongin is a lady killer but it's not like that matters. Once Sehun starts with his seducing, it's game over.

 

"They're all signed and organized sir." Sehun hands Jongin the folder.

 

"Thanks Shixun." Jongin places the folder back in his drawer. "I don't have a lot of work to do today so how about you eat lunch with me outside?"

 

Sehun resists the urge to smirk. Oh this is too easy. "I'll just eat at the canteen, sir."

 

"I insist, it's my treat."

 

"Okay, if you insist sir." Sehun smiles at him.

 

They had lunch together with some of the team members on the project that Jongin is currently working on. Sehun felt a bit foolish for expecting that Jongin will take him out alone but it's fine because that only gives Sehun more people to charm.

 

Sehun didn't have a lot to do during the afternoon. A few clients called and he had to do some errands every now and then. Jongin already has a secretary so there's not much to do for him and he has no complaints about that.

 

"By the way Shixun," Jongin calls as they were getting ready to leave.

 

"Yes sir?"

 

"Have you packed?"

 

"Packed? Are we going somewhere?" Sehun asks.

 

Jongin gives him an amused smile. "You're moving in with me, haven't you read the contract?"

 

"O-oh? Donghae didn't tell me..." He mutters.

 

"Donghae? Who's that? Your lover?"

 

"No! He's not." Sehun defends. "He's the one that recommended the job to me. We're friends."

 

"That's good." Jongin nods. "Let's go, shall we? Turn off the lights and lock up."

 

Sehun follows him not long after. "What do you mean by that's good sir?"

 

"It's good that you have no lover." Jongin answers as they step in the elevator. "At least no one will freak out once you live with me."

 

"You don't have to worry about that." Sehun assures.

 

"You may move in tomorrow since it's just your first day. Don't forget."

 

Sehun nods excitedly. Living with Jongin is basically an open invitation for him. Donghae will be happy to hear it.

 

"My friend will be picking me up at the bus stop. I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good night sir." Sehun tells him.

 

Jongin nods at him. "See you."

 

Sehun checks where Jongin was headed. A car stopped by in front of the main entrance. A driver steps out before assisting Jongin to come in.

 

Nice car? Check.

Nice office? Check.

Nice clothes? Check.

 

And obviously, there is more where that came from. Donghae was already waiting for him by the time he arrives by the bus stop. They stopped by a restaurant for dinner.

 

"So, how's your first day?" Donghae asks.

 

"You didn't tell me that I'm moving in with him." Sehun says. "It looks like I'll get things done quick."

 

"I wanted to surprise you. How was he?"

 

"He's... extremely attractive." Sehun points out. "When I first shook his hand, I trembled and I don't even know why." Donghae at eyebrow at him. "There's something about him that just seems so... commanding?"

 

"The son of Aphrodite trembled?" Donghae smirks.

 

"I can't believe I did but that will be the last time. Once I'm living with him, he'll be the one trembling for me." He confidently says.

 

"That's what I'd like to hear. How long do you think this will last?" Donghae grins.

 

"Give me a week." Sehun raises his glass.

 

"Go get him pretty boy." Donghae clinks their glasses for a toast.