thirteen.

Game of Deception
I just want to point out that I will be applying what I learned back in his school for my version of the Underworld while also adding a bit of my own touches. For those that really love mythology, this is obviously not accurate so don't scold me because this is entirely fiction. Lol. 

---------

The further they went on the stream, the more eerie things become. It was getting foggy and all Sehun could hear is the relaxing yet deafening sound of the water flowing down. 

 

“I did not expect for things to turn out like that between you and Jongin.”

 

Sehun looks at Hermes, it’s been almost thirty minutes but the god just initiated a conversation now. 

 

“That was just… It’s nothing.” Sehun tells him. 

 

“Never have I ever seen a son of Aphrodite looking that flustered in my life.” Hermes snorts. “Wait till the goddess finds out about this.” 

 

“Don’t tell her.” Sehun quickly says. “I don’t want Jongin to get involved with what happened between my mother and I.”

 

“What exactly are you two? Aren’t you supposed to be in a relationship with the son of Eros?”

 

“I told you that Donghae is my friend. As for Jongin he’s--my target? I don’t know.” Sehun huffs. 

 

“Whatever you say but a quick warning kid, Ares and Aphrodite’s kids are not allowed to have relationships, Aphrodite forbids it.” Hermes says. 

 

Sehun snorts. “The goddess of love forbidding love? Pathetic.”

 

After a few minutes of silence, Sehun sees a cavern at the end of the stream. “This is the furthest I can accompany you pretty boy, after this you’re on your own.” Hermes points at the cavern. “Charon is waiting for you, he’ll be the one taking you to Hades.”

 

“Aren’t you going to at least take me there? What if I run away?”

 

The god mockingly laughs at him. “If you want to become a lost soul, be my guest.”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes. He takes his bag and steps out of the boat. “Hey kid, here’s a little something for you.” 

 

Sehun wonders why the god is suddenly giving him three envelopes. “These are magic envelopes.” the god beats him to it. “You’ll be in the Underworld for a long time and you won’t be allowed to communicate with anyone so I’m giving you these. Write the name and address of the person you want to give it to on the back then once you open it, it will automatically record whatever you’ll say and do. I am only giving you three so use them wisely.” he explains. 

 

Sehun takes the envelopes. “I don’t have to write my message? Such a thing exists?” 

 

“Humans aren’t the only ones that invented video messages kid.” Hermes scoffs. 

 

“But how do I send them?”

 

“Close the envelope and it’ll automatically fly towards its destination.” 

 

“Wow.” Sehun gapes. It’s like an email but the mail is actually here physically. “Thank you.” 

 

“I will be leaving. You’re on your own now so don’t do anything stupid.” Hermes reminds him. 

 

Sehun nods before proceeding into the cavern. It was dark but the torches at the side provide enough light. He sees a man in a black robe at the end standing near a boat. 

 

“Charon, the ferryman of Hades.” Sehun mumbles to himself. The place was giving him chills, it felt like he’s in a horror movie setting. 

 

When he was close enough, Charon slowly lifts his head. His eyes were like fire and Sehun felt like he’s looking at the grim reaper himself. “Oh Sehun,” he calls out before gesturing towards his boat. Sehun doesn’t respond, he simply steps in. 

 

They pass by a huge gate which opens on their own as they pass. The aura was suddenly different. Sehun feels his blood running cold. 

 

He hears different kinds of voices. He hears crying, agonizing screams, laughter and all different kinds of overwhelming emotions. He covers his ears and closes his eyes. 

 

“You ought to get used to this boy,” Charon’s voice was loud enough for him to hear. 

 

Sehun exhales before dropping his hands and looking around. The river was clear and they were floating. Hell was huge and it wasn’t like what he expected. He might have learned about mythology back in high school but that was nowhere close enough to seeing the real thing. He was taught that it’s all fiction and he had no idea about his true identity yet, things would have been different if he learned about it while knowing who he really is. 

 

Chanyeol said that there will be fire, death and despair and he is a bit correct on that part. Since he was high up, Sehun could see the different places of the Underworld. There were parts that looked terrifying while some parts looked normal, at a far end he sees a trench. 

 

“You’ll get to see all of Hell during your stay here.” Charon says. “From the Asphodel Meadows to the Elysian fields, The Fields of Mourning and even Tartarus.” 

 

Sehun swears he hears a roar after that coming from the trench that is most likely Tartarus. He couldn’t tell if it was a cyclops or a giant but he doesn’t want to find out. 

 

He sees a mansion in view and Sehun tries his best to keep it cool. He should have asked Jongin about Hades at least. Was Jongin this terrified when he went here before as well? He doubts it. Jongin is the son of the god of war, he probably marched in like he belonged to the place. 

 

Charon tells him to get off and he thanks the man. He quickly disappears after that so Sehun mustered up the courage to follow the pathway towards the mansion. He suddenly stops when he hears quick footsteps. It was bad enough that the footsteps sounded louder than a normal person’s footsteps but he could feel the ground shaking as they got closer. He hears a growl and Sehun just felt completely paralyzed. 

 

He feels a massive presence behind him and he hears hissing. Sehun truly felt like he was in a horror film and just like every other protagonist, he still chose to look behind him instead of running for his life. 

 

He sees a massive three headed dog, there were snakes on its back and it had the tail of a serpent. The dogs--dog, was snarling at him as if it’s ready to devour him. 

 

Sehun steps back and the three headed dog lunged forward. 

 

“Cerberus!” a deep voice calls. 

 

The dog steps back but it was still glaring at him. He sees a young man right beside the dog. “Calm down, he’s here for dad.” he pats the monstrous creature. 

 

The young man was tall, he had an intimidating stare. He had long, black hair that was tied up while his bangs were slicked back. “Follow me, we were informed of your arrival.” he calls Sehun. 

 

Sehun follows him, he kept looking back at the dog that was still eyeing him like he’s a piece of meat.

 

Right as they enter the mansion, Sehun hears growling once again. Just then right at the end of the hallway, two massive dogs suddenly come running towards them. 

 

The young man simply raises his hand to calm the dogs down. “Noir and Mavros are good hellhounds, you just happen to be a complete stranger.” he says. The dogs growl at him one last time before running off. 

 

“My father is waiting for you, let’s go.”

 

Sehun is so out of it that he can’t even bother to ask the man’s name. It hasn’t even been thirty minutes since he set foot in the Underworld but he nearly got mauled by demon dogs twice already. He is so close to pissing himself in fright and he hasn’t even met Hades yet! 

 

Surprisingly, the house of Hades looks completely normal except for the hellhounds roaming around but other than that the place looked cozy and nice.

 

“Dad, the new kid is here.” the man simply says the moment they stepped into the living room. 

 

There was only one man there and he was currently watching TV. Compared to the gods in fancy clothing that he met at Olympus, this man was just wearing jeans and a sweater. He lazily looks at them and stands up. 

 

“I have heard so much about you. I am Hades, god of the Underworld.” he introduces.

 

Sehun was pretty sure that he looks dumbstruck right now because after all the frightening things he encountered so far, he definitely did not expect Hades to look like your normal stay at home dad. 

 

“Oh sorry, were you expecting something more thrilling?” Hades asks. “Should I change into my other form to scare you?”

 

“N-no, I’m just surprised, that’s all. I am Oh Sehun, Aphrodite ordered to have me sent here for my punishment.” Sehun says. 

 

“Would you look at that, it talks.” the young man snickers. 

 

Hades laughs. “It has been a while since someone is sent here for punishment. The last one sent here was a murderer so I was a bit surprised to see the files about you. You are too green for this place.” 

 

“Well I did talk back to Aphrodite and embarrassed her in front of the other gods.” 

 

Hades an eyebrow at him. “You do not address her as your mother.” 

 

Sehun turns away. “She’s… Not worthy of it.”

 

Hades smirks. “I feel the anger, misery and hatred. You’d love it here.” 

 

“What punishment do you usually give?” Sehun asks. 

 

“Well it’s troublesome so I usually just throw people in Tartarus or the Fields of Mourning to make things easier.” Hades shrugs. “But since you don’t even deserve to be here in the first place, I guess a few chores wouldn’t hurt. Persephone will talk to you about manners since your mother insists but other than that, just think of this as a long vacation.”

 

“Dad, are you sure that’s a reasonable thing to do?” the young man asks. 

 

“I stopped taking orders from the other gods and goddesses a long time ago. My kingdom, my rules. He’s under my care now.” Hades says. “You’re in charge of him, son.”

 

“What?!”

 

“This is Kris, he’ll take good care of you. Now take him to his room.” Hades simply says before taking a seat back at the couch. 

 

Sehun turns towards the son of Hades, Kris, and smiles awkwardly. Kris simply narrows his eyes at him and scoffs a quick ‘follow me’.

 

Sehun hesitantly follows him. This is definitely going to be one heck of a weird journey for him. 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin boredly stares at the training field as he observed the demigods training. Some were using swords while some fought with their bare hands. 

 

“I thought training was supposed to be fun?” Jongin sees Chanyeol holding out two swords. “I got these two from my father’s workshop, want to give it a go?”

 

Jongin simply sighs. “I’m not in the mood today.”

 

Chanyeol frowns. “Dude you gotta get your focus back. It has only been two days. I didn’t know that Sehun had that much of an impact on you.”

 

“I miss him.” Jongin mutters. “I’ve been with him for a week but it seems like he’ll be gone much longer than that.” 

 

Chanyeol places the sword on the stands before taking a seat beside Jongin. “Baekhyun mentioned that you made quite a scene when you were sending him off.” 

 

“I did not. He’s just making it sound dramatic.” 

 

“Oh really?” Chanyeol smirks. “I’m your last, you’re my last? The hell does that mean then? It sounds like a confession to me.”

 

Jongin actually smiles at that which causes Chanyeol to an eyebrow at him. “It’s not a confession, okay? It’s a promise.”

 

“That makes it even cheesier.”

 

“He promised that I’ll be his last victim. I’m his last target.”

 

“And you’re my last means what?”

 

Jongin scratches his head. “I actually don’t know.” he shrugs. “I brought him to my cabin and he was quick to catch on about my… Past flings and relationships.” 

 

Chanyeol grins. “And you assured him that he’s your last?”

 

“I’m not even sure. I feel like it’s a spur of the moment thing but Sehun is… He’s unlike anyone I’ve ever met. I always tell myself that it’s his charm and pheromones that’s causing this attraction but nothing changed even if he had restrainers on. I couldn’t use those as an excuse anymore.”

 

“From what I’ve heard from Baekhyun and Hermes, it seems like the attraction is mutual anyways. You two flirt a lot.” 

 

“We just got used to it. We kept doing it when we were deceiving each other so it just comes naturally, I guess.”

 

“One question, would you go to hell for him?” Chanyeol asks. 

 

Jongin hesitates. “I would.”

 

Chanyeol nods knowingly. “Seems like you like him but it’s not that bad yet. Come on Jongin, it’s unlike you to be hung up on someone. You usually just move on.” 

 

“I don’t have to move on because we weren’t a thing and besides, I am not hung up on him.” 

 

“Then come with Baekhyun and I tonight, let’s go out for a drink.” 

 

“No thanks.” Jongin declines. “You’re both going to set me up with someone and that is the last thing I need right now.” 

 

The son of Hephaestus groans. “We can’t leave you alone because you might pull a Helen of Troy for Sehun.” 

 

Jongin looks at him in disbelief. “Dude, I’m not going to start a war with Madame Aphro or Hades to save Sehun. He’s no damsel in distress. I’m sure he’d handle the Underworld just fine, it’s his loneliness that I’m worried about.” 

 

“Not just him, you’re lonely too.” Chanyeol points out. 

 

“At least I have company here, he’s all alone.” 

 

“Maybe a son of Hades will give him a good time.” Chanyeol suggests. Jongin glares at his best friend. “As a friend, I mean.”

 

“What if he befriends a demigod down there and they get close? There’s still so many things I want him to know about me but we didn't get the chance. I’m probably just a deceiving player in Sehun’s eyes.” he says dejectedly. 

 

“It’s so painful to see a son of the god of war looking so defeated.” Chanyeol winces. “How about you come with me tomorrow? Baekhyun says he’s watching over Donghae, we could visit them.”

 

Jongin’s ears perk up at that. “Sure, I’d like that.” He should try to make things right with Donghae at least since the son of Eros has a bad impression on him. 

 

 

 

 

Sehun wakes up due to the harsh shaking on his shoulder. He was about to complain when he hears an unfamiliar voice.

 

“Wake up sleeping beauty, this isn’t your turf.” Kris scoffs. 

 

Sehun winces when he sits up all too quickly. “You have a schedule to follow. Get dressed and meet me at the training chambers. It’s my dad’s orders.” Kris tells him. 

 

He does as he’s told, when he steps out of his room he sees Mavros waiting outside his room. The hellhound barks at him before making a gesture for Sehun to follow. 

 

It’s already Sehun’s second or third day (he lost count because it’s always dark) in the Underworld but he still can’t get used to anything. The hellhounds are always lurking around him, Kris is still grumpy with him which results in Sehun being just as grumpy and then there’s Hades who looks completely harmless but he’s yet to reveal his true self. The only one normal so far is Persephone. The goddess was nice to him and she listened to him about his problems with Aphrodite. In other words, Sehun feels like he’s suddenly a part of the Addam’s family. Give him two more days in the Underworld and he’ll soon morph into Wednesday Addams. 

 

Sehun sees Hades waiting by the entrance of the training chambers. The god pats Mavros’ head before looking at Sehun. 

 

“Next time, I’ll send Cerberus to wake you up if you still oversleep.” he jokes but Sehun senses a bit of a threat in there. 

 

“I apologize, it won’t happen again.” Sehun says. 

 

“Anyways, they sent me new files about you. They’re from the reports made by the son of Ares that was assigned to you.” Hades says. 

 

Sehun feels a spark of excitement at the mention of Jongin. “What do the reports say?” he asks. 

 

“He noted some of your strengths and weaknesses, he said that you can’t sense other demigods. He used his pheromones on you a couple of times but you couldn’t tell?”

 

“I’ve only been with one demigod, I really can’t sense pheromones at all.” he explains. 

 

“Very well, I already told Kris to train you regarding that today.” Hades nods. “I’ll see you two later. Good luck.” with that, the god leaves the room. 

 

“Our training will be simple, it’s for heightening your senses.” Kris says.

 

“Okay then, what do I do?”

 

Kris disappears for a few seconds then he reappears again right behind Sehun. The younger nearly yelps. That’s one thing that Sehun still cannot get used to. Hades and his children have the power to travel through the darkness and shadows. That’s why it’s always so dim in the whole mansion, it’s convenient for them to travel. 

 

Without warning, Kris tugs at his hair to hold him in place. The taller demigod covers his eyes with a black cloth. 

 

“H-hey, what are you doing?” Sehun asks. 

 

“I told you that this training is for heightening your senses. Now then, get used to my pheromones then search for me. Do it wrongly and there will be consequences. Got it?”

 

It’s not like Sehun has a choice in this anyways. “Got it.”