twelve.

Game of Deception

Sehun’s eyes were wide in surprise when Jongin was suddenly torn away from him. His jaw drops when Jongin was practically punched in front of his own eyes. To makes things even more shocking, the one that threw the punch was none other than Donghae.

 

“You ing .” Donghae says through gritted teeth.

 

Jongin simply blinks in surprise and massages his jaw due to the impact. Donghae was about to throw another punch when Sehun stands up to stop him.

 

“Donghae, wait.” Sehun rasps.

 

Donghae notices the tears on his face, his eyes narrowed. “Step aside, I’m ing pissed.” he snaps.

 

“Stop it Donghae!” Sehun holds him back.

 

“I’ve never seen you cry, Sehun! I leave you with this jerk for a day and I suddenly see you like this?!” he yaps.

 

“He’s not the reason why I’m crying. I’m crying because of my mother.” Sehun hurriedly explains. “Don’t be mad at Jongin, he defended me this whole time.”

 

Donghae stopped charging at Jongin but he remained tense. “But still, Baekhyun told me you’re going to get sent to the Underworld. It never would’ve happened if it wasn’t for him.” he hisses.

 

“It was his duty to take me here. The punishment I received was out of his hands. Look, Jongin has been nothing but nice to me this whole time. You should apologize for hurting him.” Sehun sighs.

 

Donghae sighs in disbelief but he still doesn’t spare the son of Ares a glance. Instead, he embraces Sehun. “Gosh, I was so worried for you. I’m glad you’re okay.”

 

Sehun relaxes in his hold. “I’m glad you’re okay too.”

 

“I thought I’d never see you again. I’m sorry. I’m sorry for assigning him as your target. It’s my fault that we’re caught. You deserve a lighter punishment than me.” the elder quickly says.

 

“Donghae, we both know that we’ll eventually get caught. Perhaps it really was time.” Sehun says.

 

Donghae gives him a small smile. “Your hair,” he brushes his fingers through the younger’s locks. “and your eyes too.”

 

Sehun blinks in confusion before stepping near the lake to look at his reflection. “Shouldn’t I be back to normal right now? I’m no longer at Olympus.” he asks.

 

“It was your first time to receive the blessing so you’re stuck like that for a week.” Donghae says. “I wasn’t even able to fully notice it since I was too furious.”

 

Sehun then looks towards Jongin. He crouches in front of the other. “Are you alright?”

 

Jongin nods but Sehun sees a cut on his lower lip. He gives Donghae a piercing stare. “You owe him an apology.”

 

“What?” Donghae exclaims. “He tricked you, captured you and took you here. Why should I apologize?”

 

“He helped me.” Sehun simply says. “He was loyal to his mission but he remained nice to me. He even met Naeun and the other kids. He defended me from Hermes and his kids too.”

 

Donghae couldn’t believe what he heard in the first place. “He met the kids?” he asks, eyes wide.

 

“He finished his mission but he allowed me to finish mine too. I owe him for that.” Sehun explains. “Minus the restrainers, he never really treated me like a prisoner.”

 

Donghae looks at him in disbelief. “Look at you. It’s like you have Stockholm Syndrome.”

 

“It’s not like that.” Sehun counters.

 

Donghae rolls his eyes. “Whatever.” he marches towards Jongin and holds out a hand. “I believe we are not yet properly introduced. I am Donghae, son of Eros. I am Sehun’s best friend.”

 

Jongin accepts the hand. “Jongin, son of Ares. Sehun and I have a… Ah, a deep relationship.” he smiles.

 

Donghae steps closer. “Don’t act smug, I can smell you all over him. If you think I’m letting this slide, then think again.” the son of Eros threatens.

 

Sehun separates the two of them again by pushing them against their chests. “Hey, you won’t be seeing me in a while after today so please do me a favor and don’t fight.”

 

“I can’t believe you lost your ity to this guy.” Donghae whines.

 

Sehun chokes while Jongin ends up laughing. “H-how did you even…?”

 

“Oh please, if there’s anything that I’m an expert with, it’s . One, you are basically covered in his pheromones and two, I can measure someone’s libido as part of my powers. His libido, is off the charts and you… You’re-”

 

“That’s enough.” Sehun clasps a hand over Donghae’s mouth. “I get it. We both get it. Now shut up.”

 

“Are you all done?” Baekhyun’s voice snaps them back to reality. The son of Athena was looking at then with an unamused expression.

 

“What do we do, Baekhyun?” Jongin asks.

 

“Just like the gods said, one more day of babysitting.” Baekhyun shrugs. “Anything you want to do before you’re sent to the Underworld, pretty boy?” he asks.

 

Sehun winces at the mention of the Underworld. “What is it like? The Underworld, I mean.”

 

“There’s fire and skulls and corpses and despair!” another voice joins in.

 

The said person crept behind Baekhyun as he said those. Once he was close enough, he wraps his arms around the son of Athena’s waist to greet him with a kiss.

 

“ off Chanyeol.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

 

Sehun recognized him as Jongin’s friend. He was the one in the video call before. Chanyeol looks at him and pauses for a moment. “Oh Zeus, he’s even more gorgeous in his demigod form.”

 

“You’re really going to say that while hugging your boyfriend?” Jongin snorts.

 

“Ah, no worries. I bet Baekhyun had the same reaction too.” the tall demigod grins.

 

Baekhyun chuckles. “Close enough.”

 

Chanyeol steps towards Jongin to give him a firm hug. “Dude, I missed you.”

 

Jongin pats his back. “It’s nice to be back.”

 

Chanyeol fixes his hair first before turning towards Sehun. “It is an honor to meet you. I am Chanyeol, son of Hephaestus.” he greets.

 

Baekhyun and Jongin both snicker while Sehun simply looks at him in confusion. Donghae silently judges him.

 

“I’m Sehun.” the son of Aphrodite replies.

 

“So, what do you think of this place so far?” Chanyeol asks.

 

“So far my experiences here have been .” Sehun deadpans.

 

Jongin pats Chanyeol’s shoulder. “He’s not in the best mood for your flirting, go back to your boyfriend.”

 

Chanyeol returns to Baekhyun’s side. “There are a lot of fun things to do here, you should at least enjoy.” he says.

 

“I’m not really in the position to enjoy.” Sehun points out.

 

“You should, if you’re going to the Underworld you’ll need to enjoy all you want before you go.” Baekhyun says.

 

“Have any of you been there?” Sehun asks.

 

“I have.” Jongin answers. “It’s not a pleasant place but it isn’t as scary as Chanyeol described but then again, I only went there once to negotiate with Hades. I didn’t really have the time to explore.”

 

Sehun tilts his head in confusion. “You negotiated with Hades himself?”

 

“Ares needed his army of the dead in one battle so he sent me to negotiate.” Jongin explains.

 

“You see, Jongin is his father’s favorite and it’s very reasonable because he is the strongest son of Ares here on camp.” Chanyeol adds proudly.

 

“He seems to be regarded highly here.” Donghae says. “Why would anyone assign him on a simple mission like catching Sehun?”

 

“Jongin was the best candidate for the job… well until Madame Aphro wanted to rush things and assign someone else.” Baekhyun shrugs.

 

Sehun is still somewhat relieved that it was Jongin that got assigned to him. He recalls his first encounter with Top and Jiyong and cringes.

 

“By the way, do you want to have lunch? It’s on me.” Chanyeol invites.

 

“I don’t---’

 

“Oh come on, you have to try Madame Demeter’s restaurant. Donghae hasn’t tried it too so now’s a good chance, no?” Chanyeol asks.

 

Donghae and Sehun exchange glances. “Okay.” Sehun sighs.

 

Donghae was quick to hold onto Sehun’s arm before Jongin could even come near him so the son of the god of war silently walks behind them.

 

The whole camp is truly like a very huge village. It was the type of town that he’d only see on the video games that he played.

 

Having lunch at Demeter’s restaurant was probably the most normal thing that Sehun experienced ever since he got to camp.

 

Demeter is the goddess of grains and vegetation, her restaurant is ran by her children who are gifted in the field. Donghae kept talking to Sehun as they were eating while Jongin, Baekhyun and Chanyeol tried catching up with each other. Sehun does not miss the looks that Jongin gives him though.

 

“Hey Jongin, do you think you can take Sehun to Aphrodite’s cabin? They are looking forward to meeting him.” Baekhyun suggests once they were done eating. “I need to take Donghae back, and Chanyeol and I have plans too.” he grins.

 

“Can’t you spare me one day with him?” Donghae complains.

 

“Look, Zeus only gave me permission to let you two meet to say goodbye. You’ll meet again at dawn when Sehun gets sent off but this is all I’m allowed for today.” Baekhyun explains.

 

With that Donghae sighs. He glares at Jongin and Baekhyun before hugging Sehun once again. “This .” Donghae groans.

 

“I’ll manage.” Sehun reassures.

 

“I’ll still see you tomorrow but I feel like I won’t be able to hug you like this anymore.”

 

“Don’t be silly.” Sehun says.

 

Donghae slightly pulls away. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

Before Sehun could register it, Donghae kisses him. He stumbles back in surpise while Donghae grins. Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s eyes widen while Jongin’s jaw tightens.

 

“You idiot, what was that for?” Sehun hisses.

 

“An advanced parting gift baby boy.” he winks.

 

“Come on now Eros, you still have some cabin cleaning to do.” Baekhyun pulls him away.

 

Chanyeol waves at Sehun and Jongin before following his boyfriend and the son of Eros.

 

“Didn’t you tell me that kissing calms you down?” Jongin breaks the awkward silence.

 

Sehun chokes. “I-I lied. Sorry, Donghae just likes teasing me.”

 

“I think he likes you.” Jongin says.

 

“He does like me but not in a way that he wants to date me or something.” Sehun shrugs. “We have a very… Peculiar relationship.”

 

Jongin nods in agreement. “I agree with that.” he begins walking and Sehun follows him. “But have you ever considered dating him?”

 

Sehun chuckles and shakes his head. “We’re just not made to date. Well we do fool around a lot but that’s about it.”

 

“How far have you gotten with him?” Jongin asks.

 

Sehun actually blushes. “Far enough but not as far as we did.”

 

Well… That definitely gave Jongin’s ego a boost.

 

“Why didn’t you give him your first time instead? I feel like, it would’ve been better if it had been him than me.”

 

“I’ve accidentally walked in on Donghae bringing people over to our apartment sometimes and I think I’d never survive having with him.”  

 

Jongin snorts. “Son of the god of love, what do you expect? That explains the girdle.”

 

“Please forget about that girdle.” Sehun rolls his eyes. “We left that on Earth.”

 

“Did we?” Jongin smirks.

 

Sehun freezes. “We didn't?”

 

Jongin simply laughs. “Just tell me when you’re ready.” Sehun kicks his shin out of embarrassment.

 

“By the way, Eros is the son of your mom and my dad, right?” Jongin suddenly asks.

 

“From what I’ve learned, yes.” Sehun agrees.

 

“Doesn’t that make Donghae like… Our nephew?”

 

The horrified expression on Sehun’s face says it all. Jongin ends up laughing loudly. “. ? Shut up?! I never thought of that. But stop!” Sehun exclaims.

 

“Don’t worry, it’s not really a big deal here. I mean, if we think of it that way almost all of us would be related to each other because infidelity is huge in Olympus.” Jongin cringes.

 

“Imagine what the children of Poseidon feel when they’re literally blood related to Pegasus.” Sehun comments.

 

Both of them end up laughing at that. Jongin promises Sehun to never bring up that topic once again. It wasn’t long until they reach Aphrodite’s cabin.

 

Four of Aphrodite’s kids were there to welcome them when they arrived. “Oh Zeus, Jongin brought our new brother!” one of them excitedly says.

 

Jongin greets them. Sehun didn’t fail to notice how stiff the other was but he didn’t question it.

 

“Hi, my name is Yoona. This is Jeonghan, that one is Eunwoo and this is Jennie.” one of them introduces.

 

Sehun won’t lie, he’s used to being called beautiful and he is used to standing out but seeing his siblings made him realize that there are definitely people out there that are way more beautiful than him. He hasn’t even met all of them.

 

“Oh wow, he still has mother’s blessing! I am so jealous. The silver hair is so beautiful. I wish I had that too and his eyes.” The one called Jeonghan says as he cups Sehun’s face.

 

“You have the prettiest long hair when you’re in your demigod form, you have no right to get jealous.” Eunwoo comments.

 

“The silver hair is still so stunning. He looks like a vampire.” Jeonghan says.

 

“Uhm… Thanks.” Sehun smiles.

 

“You weren’t that enthusiastic when you saw me in my demigod form. I had silver hair too, you know.” Jennie points out.

 

“Forgive me my dear sister.” Jeonghan cries out, the rest of them laugh.

 

“By the way Jongin, why did you bring him here? Was it mother’s orders?” Yoona asks.

 

Sehun winces at the mention of his mother while Jongin plays it cool. “You’ve heard about his case, right? He’ll be serving his punishment starting tomorrow and he won’t be here in a while. Baekhyun suggested that he should meet you guys at least.” Jongin explains.

 

“What’s his punishment?” Jennie asks.

 

Jongin looks at Sehun. “The Underworld?” Sehun speaks up.

 

The four gasp in surprise. “What? Isn’t it too cruel?” Eunwoo asks.

 

“Yeah, he’s a total newbie.” Jeonghan adds.

 

“Well I kind of dug my own grave by talking back to Aphrodite.” Sehun scratches his head. “It’s a long story. I don’t really want to talk about it.”

 

“You talked back to mother?” Jennie parrots. “Wow, that’s guts.”

 

“Enough of that, how about we give you a tour in our cabin?” Yoona suggests.

 

Sehun looks at Jongin for approval and the latter nods. Yoona and Jeonghan invite him in while Jongin stays outside.

 

The cabin is basically like a dorm for Aphrodite’s children. There were plenty of rooms inside. “Once you come back, we’ll be sure to prepare a room for you.” Jeonghan says. “You’re going to have to room with someone though.”

 

“Oh don’t worry, I’m fine with that.” Sehun says.

 

“Did you bring a lot of stuff from the land of the mortals?” Yoona asks.

 

“I left almost everything there.” Sehun sighs. “I had to leave almost everything behind. These are my last clean clothes.”

 

“Well aren’t you lucky to have a sister like Irene then.” Yoona grins. “You’ve been to Olympus so I guess she already dressed you up.”

 

“She did, she’s really nice.” Sehun says.

 

“I’ll call her and I’ll pack some clothes for you.” Jeonghan grins.

 

“Oh, you don’t have to.”

 

“We insist.” Yoona cuts him off. “You may be at the Underworld but you should still be in style.”

 

Sehun couldn’t really say no when they’re being so nice to him. Jeonghan even assisted him in finding the clothes that would fit him well. Just a few hours ago, Donghae was the only family he has and right now he suddenly met five of his countless siblings. It felt like a dream.

 

As Sehun was trying on another shirt, he catches a glimpse of his reflection on the mirror. He steps closer to look.

 

“Will I really be stuck like this for a week?” Sehun frowns.

 

“If I were you, I’d wish to be like that forever.” Jeonghan retorts.

 

Sehun glares at his reflection. He wipes the makeup near his eyes. His skin nearly turns red but it just won’t come off.

 

Jeonghan watches him in amusement as he reaches for a box of tissues on the nearby desk to wipe the makeup off but nothing still happened. It was like it’s tattooed on his face.

 

“You cannot get rid of mother’s blessing.” Jeonghan says. “It will be gone in a week. Just embrace the look, you really look good. You’re so eye-catching.”

 

“I’m trying to lay low. I hate the unwanted attention. I just want to spend this day peacefully. I can’t even breathe in peace without anyone checking me out.” he complains.

 

Jeonghan hands him a black hoodie. “It’s such a shame if you want to hide your hair though but I do understand, the stares must be unbearable since you’ve pretty much made a name for yourself.”

 

Sehun grimaces. “Yeah, it but I guess I’ll just have to deal with it.”


 

Once he was done with their short tour, Sehun thanks and says goodbye to his siblings. Jongin was waiting for him outside.

 

“I couldn’t help but notice how stiff you were back there. Is there anything wrong?” Sehun asks once they left.

 

Jongin grins sheepishly. “I hooked up with almost every son or daughter of Aphrodite.” he honestly says. “I even dated some.”

 

Sehun an eyebrow at him. “Oh wow, someone’s busy.” he snickers. “Why Aphrodite’s kids though? I thought you follow the rules well. A son of Ares shouldn’t be fooling around with Aphrodite’s kids, right?”

 

Jongin shrugs. “Well that’s one of the few rules that I can’t seem to follow. I think Aphrodite’s kids are just my type.”

 

“Luckily, my mother said that I’m not like my brothers and sisters.” Sehun comments.

 

“Yet you still managed to seduce me.” Jongin snorts.

 

Sehun playfully smiles at him. “I’m starting to think that you got seduced on purpose.”

 

“Hey, I tried resisting.” he defends. “You were just so…” Sehun looks at him expectantly. “Hard to resist.”

 

“Considering how much of a big shot you are here, I guess that’s a compliment?” Sehun asks.

 

“You should’ve been blushing by now actually.” Jongin jokes.




 

Jongin manages to tour him around the camp without catching too much attention because his hair and face were covered by the hoodie. When it was getting dark, Jongin brings Sehun to a different cabin. He was able to see a symbol of Ares before entering.

 

“Why am I here?” Sehun asks.

 

“Well it might be a bit awkward for you to stay at Madame Aphro’s cabin so you should stay here with me tonight.” Jongin opens one bedroom.

 

“Where are your siblings?” Sehun asks.

 

“Some are on missions or quests while some are probably sleeping in another cabin.”

 

Sehun looks around before entering what appears to be Jongin’s bedroom. “So, how many of my siblings have you brought here before me?” he asks.

 

Jongin coughs. “Not a lot.” he grimaces.

 

The younger an eyebrow at him. “You know it’s so weird to be in a room with you when I’m no longer supposed to seduce you.”

 

“Well you can still do it.”

 

Sehun chuckles before settling on the bed. “Nice try but I’ll be sent to the Underworld in about twelve hours so this is my last chance at getting decent sleep.”

 

Jongin dims the light. “I have the best room in this cabin, you’re in the right place.” he grins.

 

“Hey Jongin,” Sehun moves towards the edge of the bed. “Aren’t you coming?”

 

“I was planning on using a different room.” Jongin says.

 

“Don’t be silly, I can tell that you’re waiting for an invitation.” Sehun says. “Am I right?”

 

Jongin smirks. “Spot on.”


 

This isn’t how Sehun pictured his last night of freedom to be. He’s not fond of parties and drinking always doesn’t turn out well for him. So now here he is, in Jongin’s room.

 

The bed was big enough so there was enough space between them. Sehun was looking at him while Jongin looks like he’s expecting Sehun to say something.

 

“What’s on your mind?” Jongin asks.

 

“Thank you.” Sehun blurts. “I know you were ordered to look after me for one more day but you didn’t make me feel like I’m just a chore for you.”

 

“I enjoy being with you. I had fun today, honestly. I hope it was the same for you. Well, minus the first part where you met your mom and the other gods.” Jongin blabbers.

 

“This day would have been complete without you so thank you.” the younger smiles.

 

“Are you still scared for tomorrow?”

 

“I gathered a bit of courage from Donghae and you so I’m no longer that scared.”

 

“I got so used to you, I’ll miss you.” Jongin blurts.

 

Sehun silently hopes that the room was dark enough to hide the blush on his face. “I’ll miss you too, perhaps I’ll find another target in the Underworld.” he retorts.

 

“Hey, no more of that. You have to promise that I’m your last.” Jongin says.

 

Sehun smiles. “Fine then. Kim Jongin, you’re my last.”


 

The following morning, it was time to say goodbye. Sehun had no clue how to get to the underworld so he was confused when Jongin and Baekhyun brought him to a stream. Hermes was there and so was Donghae. The god explained that the stream is connected to the River Styx and that will lead them to the entrance to the Underworld.

 

Donghae gave him a tight hug and one last playful kiss on the cheek. Baekhyun simply wishes him good luck and tells him to be careful. Jongin was the last to bid goodbye.

 

“I’ll see you all again.” Sehun smiles bitterly.

 

Just as he was about to turn away, Jongin holds his hand causing him to halt on his tracks.

 

“Come on kid, I still have work to do.” Hermes grunts.

 

“I have to go.” Sehun says.

 

Jongin gently squeezes his hand. “I’m your last.”

 

Sehun was puzzled but he nods. “Yeah,”

 

Jongin slowly lifts their hands. He smiles before pressing his lips onto Sehun’s knuckles. “You’re my last too.”

 

Before Sehun could even process everything, Hermes was dragging him onto the boat and as they drift away, all Sehun could think of were Jongin’s words and the feeling of his lips against his skin.