ten.

Game of Deception

Sehun has to admit, Jongin really isn’t as bad as he thought he’d be. After realizing that he’s been caught, Sehun was 100% sure that Jongin was going to drag his all the way to camp but Jongin hasn’t done it so far.

 

He didn’t expect the son of Ares to accompany him to the shelter and orphanage and he definitely didn’t expect him to play along with him especially when they were with the kids. That was why Sehun owed Jongin a thank you at least.

 

Jongin pulls over a small building and Sehun realizes that they stopped at a motel. “Hey,” Sehun turns to him.

 

“Relax, it’s late and we need a place to stay at.” Jongin defends.

 

“You still have money?” Sehun asks.

 

“The watches are worth a lot.” Jongin shrugs. “I left some cash for us. There’s a diner nearby, let’s go eat.” he gets off the car.

 

Sehun gets off too and he follows Jongin’s lead. Of course there’s a part of his brain that’s just yelling at him to run away but Jongin is ripped and he knows the man works out very often. Catching up with him will be a piece of cake.

 

As they were eating, Jongin strikes up a conversation once again. “I just realized something,” he starts. “I saw all the records of your targets and you never went for women.”

 

“Men are more gullible, it’s easier to deceive them.” Sehun answers.

 

“I agree, deceiving you was easy.” Jongin says smugly.

 

Sehun scowls at him. “It’s true that there are some women with shady business too but most women I met are nice people. I can’t say the same for men. Donghae and my father are exceptions.”

 

“I’m nice.” Jongin points out.

 

“Nice enough to let me go?” Sehun smiles sweetly at him.

 

“You’re cute, but no.” Jongin chuckles and Sehun’s smile quickly turns into another scowl.

 

“Then why aren’t you taking me there yet? You could have just dragged me there today. Just get it over with.”

 

“It’s not yet time, and I did say that there are two other demigods that are searching for you as well.” Jongin explains.

 

“They already sent you, why send two more? Is it that hard to catch a son of Aphrodite?” Sehun asks.

 

“You underestimate yourself too much.” Jongin chuckles.

 

“Enlighten me.” Sehun crosses his arms.

 

“Over the past year, you’ve already tricked 7 men. Two of them are CEOs while some are actors. You’re also so good at covering your tracks. You’re an A list criminal at Olympus.”

 

“To be fair, the CEOs are in some corrupt business while the actors were ty towards their staff and fans.”

 

“Honey, you’re stealing. It will be never be fair.” Jongin retorts.

 

Sehun sighs, completely used to Jongin’s name calling. “Point taken.”

 

“But to be honest, I do hope the gods and goddesses won’t be too harsh on you. You’re not as bad as they think you are.” Jongin adds.

 

“I am more worried about Donghae. Will he be okay?” Sehun asks.

 

“He’ll be fine… unless he struggles and tries something obnoxious against Hermes’ sons.”

 

Sehun gapes at him. “Of course he’d struggle! Who wouldn’t struggle when some strangers try to take you by force?!” he exclaims.

 

“I’m sure they explained everything to him and if your friend is smart enough, he’d know that struggling won’t get him anywhere.” Jongin tries to calm him down.

 

Sehun purses his lips. “If something bad happens to Donghae, I’m going against you and every other demigod, god and goddess behind this.” he threatens.

 

Jongin simply nods. He sneaks a text message to Chanyeol to give him any updates regarding Jiyong, Top and Donghae.

 

Once they were done eating, they head towards their motel room. Sehun was quick to glare at Jongin upon realizing that there was only one bed.

 

“What? This is a love hotel, what do you expect?” Jongin shrugs off his coat.

 

The place reeked of love and lust. Sehun could sense it using his powers. He cringes as he takes a seat on the edge of the bed.

 

“Hands.”

 

Sehun looks at Jongin in confusion. “Hands.” Jongin repeats. That was when he notices the restrainers he’s currently holding.

 

“There’s no need for that, I’m not going anywhere.”Sehun says.

 

“I’m not taking any risks, come on.”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes at him. “I can’t believe that you still don’t trust me.”

 

“You tried drugging me, getting me drunk and stealing from me. You’re not exactly in the position to say that.” the son of Ares snorts as he takes Sehun’s wrists.

 

“I take back what I said about you not being so bad after all.” Sehun groans as Jongin binds his wrists with the restrainers.

 

“I’m heartbroken.” Jongin sighs as he finishes the binds.

 

“You do know that my legs still work? And I can still use my teeth to untie this.”

 

“Don’t give me ideas, Sehun.” he playfully says.

 

Sehun’s face reddens in realization. “That’s not what I meant. I’m just saying that there’s no point in tying me up. I’m not going anywhere.”

 

Jongin was about to retort when his phone began ringing. It was Baekhyun. “Keep quiet.” he tells Sehun before answering the call.

 

“Jongin! Finally, your phone was off the whole afternoon. Where are you?” the son of Athena asks.

 

“Sorry, I was a bit busy today.” he replies.

 

“The son of Eros is already with Jiyong and Top. They checked your apartment and you aren’t there. Sehun isn’t there as well. What are you up to?”

 

Sehun was listening attentively to their conversation. Jongin gulps. “Sehun is with me, I have it all under control. There’s no need for those vultures to check on me.”

 

“You’re taking too long, Jongin. Madame Aphro wants to talk to her son as soon as possible. Is Sehun that hard to trick? Just bring him here by force if you have to. Or are you having a difficult time? He’s just a son of Aphrodite, this mission should just he a piece of cake for you.”

 

Jongin glances at Sehun, he didn’t look happy with what he just heard. “Everything is fine. I’ll take him there tomorrow. We just stopped by a… motel for tonight.”

 

He hears laughter from the other line. Hermes was with Baekhyun. “Oh Zeus, is that why it’s taking you so long? Are you having fun toying with the boy?” Hermes laughs.

 

“It’s not like that okay? Enough of this.” Jongin scoffs.

 

“ him all you want tonight because Aphrodite isn’t going to let you breathe in his direction once you bring him here. The goddess is enraged.” Hermes snickers.

 

“One last night of fun Jongin, then it’s back to Olympus tomorrow. I’ll be the one in charge of paperwork so you better hurry.”

 

With that Baekhyun ends the call. Jongin closes his eyes and sighs in frustration. He should have stepped away but it’s too late for that now. He slowly turns towards Sehun.

 

“Sehun,” he gently says.

 

“Are Aphrodite’s kids looked down on in there?” he croaks out. “Just a son of Aphrodite? What the hell was that supposed to mean?”

 

“Sehun, it’s a misunderstanding.” Jongin reasons.

 

“I know what I heard, Jongin. What am I? A toy? Some trophy to show off? Almost everyone has been asking you the same thing. Is it an achievement to sleep with a child of Aphrodite?! Congratulations then, because I was willing to myself out to you anyways.”

 

Sehun’s eyes were teary but his expression was full of anger. He drops onto his knees so that he was almost face to face with the younger. “Stop, I’m sorry you had to hear that. Ignore what they all said. One of the things that I got to know about you is that you’re different compared to the other kids of Aphrodite. They don’t know the real you. They judged you based on the records that we had, I was like that before too but it changed. You are more than that Sehun, you and I both know that.” he says.

 

Sehun slowly looks at him. “You don’t know me at all.” he mutters.

 

“Yet,” Jongin shrugs. “But I got a glimpse of it. You’ve let your guard down a lot of times in front of me so I kind of know.”

 

“The guy you talked to earlier in the car and these two just now, is it such a big deal that you slept with me? Why are they talking as if I’m some sort of… Achievement?” he frowns.

 

Jongin slowly got up and took a seat beside him. “You made quite a reputation with your previous targets, you know? We all thought your tactic was to seduce them, sleep with them then take what you have to steal. Back in camp, it’s pretty normal for everyone, especially Madame Aphro’s kids, to sleep around so that’s what we all assumed with you as well. That’s also why I was so shocked when you told me that you were a .”

 

Sehun didn’t look pleased with that at all but Jongin had to continue. “Madame Aphro’s kids are very picky though so whenever someone got to sleep with one of them, it’s bragging rights at camp. You’re pretty well known at camp and it’s no lie that you are very good looking. Many were volunteering to be sent on this mission to capture you but I was chosen. My mission was to earn your trust then eventually capture you and take you to camp, and everyone just assumed that a part of that was sleeping with you.”

 

“And I was stupid enough to let you.” Sehun palms his face in frustration.

 

“You can… Forget about it if you hate it so much.” Jongin says.

 

Sehun didn’t hate it at all but his pride refused to admit it. “It’s not just about the , Jongin. They talked about me like I’m some sort of prize. I’m more than just a pretty face.”

 

Jongin feels bad. Sehun didn’t deserve to hear those comments. Jongin is afraid that he’ll hear more of those once they get to camp.

 

“You have true beauty.” Jongin points out. “This is going to sound cheesy as but you’re not just beautiful physically, you have a wonderful heart. When I saw you smiling and laughing with those kids, you were just so striking.” he chuckles. “You’re even more beautiful than Aphrodite herself.”

 

When Sehun makes no response, Jongin looks at him. The son of Aphrodite was frozen on his seat, he doesn’t miss the pretty pink flush on his cheeks.

 

Jongin smiles. “Want to know what are true bragging rights?” he asks.

 

“What?” Sehun quietly asks.

 

“Making the son of the goddess of love blush.” he whispers.

 

Sehun turns away. “I’m not blushing.” he denies.

 

“You’re such a prize, sweetheart.” he runs his fingers through Sehun’s silky hair.

 

“Don’t touch me.” Sehun lightly pushes him away, his face was still flushed.

 

Jongin laughs shortly. “Get some rest, we’re leaving early tomorrow. I’ll let you have the bed.”

 

“How sweet of you, perhaps you should untie me while you’re at it.” Sehun remarks.

 

“Very tempting, but no.” Jongin grins.

 

“I’ll share the bed with you if you untie me.”

 

Jongin still shakes his head. “That’s a dangerous offer but I still won’t take any risks.”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes at him. He turns to the side and rests his head over his bound arms. At least Jongin was nice enough to not tie his arms behind his back.

 

A few minutes later, Jongin dims the light and a blanket was draped over Sehun. He waits for a few seconds before turning and he sees Jongin settling onto a chair.

 

A part of him wants to tell Jongin that the bed is big enough for both of them but he goes to sleep instead.

 

Sehun wakes up the following morning, he was about to move the strands of hair covering his face when both of his hands follow. He groans in frustration before sitting up and sliding his feet off the mattress.

 

“Shouldn’t you untie me now? I can’t feel my arms.” Sehun calls out. No response. He was about to call Jongin again when he sees a note on the bedside table..

 

I went downstairs to pay for the bill and buy breakfast. Brb. Don’t go anywhere ;)

 

“As if I have anywhere to go.” he rolls his eyes. People would think he’s a lunatic if he tries to escape now. He sits down on the bed once again. It’s not like he has anything to do. He can’t even wash his face or brush his teeth since his moves are very limited.

 

A few minutes later, he hears a knock on the door. “I can’t even properly open the door.” he whines but he stomps over to struggle with the lock on the doorknob.

 

Sehun steps back when the door opens and he sees two unfamiliar faces. “Where’s Jongin?” one  of them asks.

 

Sehun doesn’t respond. Instead, he observes the two. They were both dressed in fancy clothing, both were looking at his bound hands and they also happen to know Jongin.

 

Vultures.

 

“I don’t know who you are, sorry.” he closes the door on them but one of them was quick to hold on to it.

 

“I’m Jiyong and this is Top, we’re sons of Hermes.” one of them introduces.

 

“It’s nice to finally meet the Oh Sehun, up close.” Top comments.

 

Sehun doesn’t let the panic show. “What do you want?”

 

“Our oh so great son of Ares is taking his sweet time in taking you back to Olympus so we’re here to finish what he started.”

 

“I think it’s pretty clear that he’s already successful with his mission.” Sehun scoffs as he shows off his bound wrists.

 

“The mission isn’t considered successful unless you’re already at Olympus.” one of them said. “Jongin must be enjoying fooling around with you huh?”

 

The other snickers as he eyed Sehun. The son of Aphrodite kept his composure. “I’m not some sort of possession to be passed around. Jongin caught me, and my defeat is clear as day. Let him take credit for it.”

 

“You want to be his prisoner, is that it?” the taller one laughs.

 

“God, no. Is every kid in camp erted as ?” Sehun retorts. “I’m done entertaining you. Talk to Jongin, not me.”

 

“We have your friend… Donghae, was it?”

 

Now that’s one way to get Sehun’s full attention. The two demigods immediately look smug. “We caught him yesterday, we kept asking him where you were but the kid is pretty stubborn.”

 

“Where is he and what did you do to him?” he hisses.

 

“He’s fine. The sooner we bring you to camp, the sooner you’d meet him.”

 

“If I find out that you hurt him, I’ll--”

 

“You’ll what? There’s not much you can do, pretty boy so just come along.” Top grabs him by the arm.

 

Sehun knees him in the gut and elbows his ribcage by instinct before stepping back. Top winces while Jiyong chuckles in amusement.

 

“I won’t act brave if I were you.” Jiyong warns.

 

“Let’s just get him.” Top scoffs.

 

A new wave of panic rushes over Sehun as he steps back. Jiyong grabs him by the arm while Top secures an arm around his waist. “Don’t touch me!” he elbows Jiyong this time.

 

“Knock him out.” Jiyong orders.

 

“Let him go.”

 

Sehun sighs in relief when he hears Jongin’s voice. The son of Ares was standing by the doorway right now.

 

Jiyong lets him go but Top doesn’t. “Hey Jongin, don’t you have a mission to finish?” Jiyong asks.

 

“And I will finish it.” Jongin grimly says.

 

“What’s taking so long then? He should have been in Olympus since yesterday.”

 

“I can take as long as I want, I already have the situation under control. There is no need for the two of you to interfere.” Jongin glares.

 

“Madame Aphro ordered us and it was approved by our father. Baekhyun forgot to inform you about that since it’s all so sudden.” Top explains.

 

“I will be taking him to Olympus later. Leave us alone.” Jongin scoffs.

 

“You can’t delay this any further, Jongin.”

 

“For ’s sake, can’t I at least have one last peaceful morning before the three of you take me to camp or Olympus or wherever?!” Sehun snaps.

 

All three men stop and Top releases his hold on him. “I won’t run, I can’t outrun you even if I tried. The three of you should settle your own problems. This is my last day of peace before I receive whatever punishment Aphrodite has for me so piss off.”

 

He shoves his wrists in front of Jongin and the son of Ares wordlessly removes the binds. Sehun massages his wrists before grabbing the bag of food that Jongin ordered. Sehun completely ignores them and heads to the kitchen. He’s stressed out and he deserves a proper breakfast.

 

He can see the three remaining demigods watching him with interest and amusement. Jongin turns towards the two.

 

“You heard him, I’ll take him later.”

 

“At least give us a valid reason on what’s taking you so long to take him back.” Jiyong says.

 

“He’s leaving a lot of people behind, I had to let him say goodbye.” Jongin mutters. “And I didn’t want you two swooping in to steal him away.”

 

“Why? Is he as good as the files say he is? You have no plans on sharing him?”

 

They hear a snort. “As I’ve said earlier, I am not a possession for you to pass around. I also do not sleep around, your files are wrong.” Sehun comments as he’s eating the noodles that Jongin brought for him.

 

“He is my responsibility and I went through so much trouble to capture him so I deserve that credit, not you.” Jongin continues.

 

“Credit? Is that really what matters to you?” Top smirks.

 

“He’s mine. End of discussion. If you want to take him, you’re going to have to go through me. You’ll never win a physical fight against me.” Jongin warns.

 

“I’m not yours.” Sehun interferes.

 

Jongin side eyes him. “Whose side are you on?”

 

“Team Jongin.” Sehun deadpans. “But I’m not yours, let’s make that clear.”

 

Jongin shakes his head in disbelief. “Whatever princess. You heard him.”

 

“Wow Jongin, looks like Madame Aphro’s son has you wrapped around his finger.” Top comments.

 

“We’ll give you an hour Jongin, one hour to check out of this motel. If you’re not gone by then, we’ll take him by force.” Jiyong says.

 

“No problem, I’ll see you in camp.”

 

“You better.” Top scoffs.

 

“Maybe if you two asked me nicely and didn’t try to kidnap me then I would’ve followed you just with the mention of Donghae’s name.” Sehun calls out as the two were leaving. “Speaking of Donghae, you better be telling the truth about him being fine.”

 

Jiyong gives him an irritated glance. “One, that wasn’t kidnapping and two, he’s already at camp so his safety is already ensured.”

 

Sehun simply shrugs. “Good, now get out.”

 

“How do you handle his sass?” Top snickers.

 

“I don’t.” Jongin replies before closing the door on them.

 

Jongin heaves a sigh and walks towards the dining table. “Breakfast?” Sehun asks.

 

Jongin shakes his head. “How can you just casually eat after all that happened?” he grins.

 

“It’s my last meal in the world of mortals.” Sehun shrugs.

 

“You make it sound like you’re going to die.” Jongin snorts.

 

“New people, new surroundings plus I’ll leave everything behind, it’s a new life.”

 

Jongin frowns at that. He can’t help but feel sorry for the son of Aphrodite. “You’ll fit in just fine, don’t worry.” he assures.

 

“You said I was different from my… Half-siblings.” Sehun says.

 

“You don’t have to worry about that at all.” Jongin gently pats his hand. “The other demigods would love you.”

 

Sehun gives him a small smile as a reply.

 

Once Sehun was done eating, Jongin told him to take a shower while he packed their things. Roughly forty minutes have passed by the time they left the motel. Jiyong and Top weren’t outside, they probably trusted Jongin’s words.

 

“I am so sorry for doing this to you but I have to follow the protocol.” Jongin apologizes as he ties Sehun’s wrists once again.

 

“Will will sound weird if I say I’m used to it?”

 

Jongin nods. “Yeah…”

 

“This is some weird Stockholm .”

 

Jongin giggles as he places the seatbelt on Sehun since the younger’s hands were limp at the moment. “They’ll be gone as long as we’re at camp.”

 

“How long till we get there?” Sehun asks.

 

Jongin starts the engine. “Just a while.”

 

Jongin drives for a few minutes, Sehun thought he was just driving aimlessly for a while but he eventually made a turn towards a forest. The path looked endless, much to Sehun’s confusion. Eventually he saw a massive gate that’s covered with vines. The gate automatically opened and they entered.

 

There was a huge village inside which Sehun assumed to be the camp that Jongin always mentioned. At a far end of the village, he sees different cabins with different designs and there were a few demigods around.

 

Jongin stops the car and assists Sehun outside the car. He easily became the receiving end of the curious and intrigued stares.

 

“It’s about time Kim Jongin!” they hear a booming voice.

 

Sehun sees Jiyong and Top together with a tall, muscular man and another demigod. “Hermes, Baekhyun. I told you I’d bring him here.” Jongin greets.

 

Hermes stares at him and Sehun never felt so tensed his whole life. The messenger of the gods smirked. “You’re in a whole lot of trouble, pretty boy."