seven.

Game of Deception

Once Sehun left to meet up with Donghae, Jongin calls Baekhyun to make a report. “His plan failed last night, some stranger drugged his drink so he was completely out of it.” Jongin explains when Baekhyun asks him for updates.

 

“ for him but at least you were there to prevent him from getting harmed. Madame Aphro is gonna freak out if she finds out.” Baekhyun says. “Anything else?”

 

“He trusts me more after last night.” he replies. Jongin decides to leave out Sehun and his activities during the previous night.

 

“Okay good. Were you able to get anything out of him last night?” Baekhyun asks.

 

“He nearly slipped up. I asked about Donghae and he mentioned something about not needing Donghae’s help.” Jongin mentions.

 

“Try harder, Jongin. You can’t stay there forever. Hermes keeps nagging at me because you’re taking too long. The other gods wants this problem to be settled soon.”

 

Jongin sighs. “Sehun is a tricky one but I’m getting there. Give me three more days at max.”

 

“Keep your word, Jongin. Sehun is already a hot topic at camp nowadays, you can’t disappoint anyone.” Baekhyun reminds.

 

“Don’t underestimate me. I’ll have him soon.”

 

“I gave you restrainers, make sure to use those on him when you bring him here.”

 

“Got it.” Jongin nods and Baekhyun ends the call.

 

“Sir Kim, I found this underneath your assistant’s bed. Please check if whatever is inside is important, if not I can throw it out as I leave.” the cleaning lady says as she hands him a box.

 

Jongin eyes the box and he quickly recalls about Baekhyun telling him about Donghae purchasing something from the black market. “I’ll take this, it’s an important gift.” Jongin says.

 

“He shouldn’t put important gifts under his bed.” the cleaning lady says. “His room is all clean now by the way. Please call me if you need anything else.”

 

“Sure, thank you for your service.” Jongin sends her off.

 

Once he was alone he enters his room and opens the box to check what was inside. “Oh Zeus…” Jongin’s eyes widen in interest. He expected to see something weird weird but not weird.

 

He lifts the provocative garment out of curiosity. The last time he saw something like this was when he was fooling around at camp with a daughter of Eros and when Chanyeol jokingly sent him instead of the files he needed for some paperwork.

 

His mind was quick in processing images of the son of Aphrodite wearing the girdle and it all goes straight to his loins.

 

Mother of Zeus, was Sehun planning on using this to seduce him? Was Chanyeol right when he said that Aphrodite’s kids were all ? Sehun is a though, he’d never attempt anything this bold. Donghae could have given him the gift as a prank.

 

That still doesn’t change the fact that Jongin wants to see Sehun wearing it though.

 

He puts the garment away to avoid further provocative thoughts. He could use it against Sehun, there’s a high chance that he might slip up and all Jongin has to do is about it.

 

He checks Sehun’s room while he’s at it. Some of Sehun’s stuff were familiar to him since those were reported to be stolen items from his previous targets. He keeps them like a badge of honor.

 

They know about Sehun and Donghae’s records. They know about their targets and the things they stole but they don’t know their motives. Was Sehun doing it just for fun? Is he just taking advantage of his powers? Is he doing it just because he can?

 

It’s not a part of his mission but Jongin is set on finding out.

 

He looks through the rest of Sehun’s stuff but there was nothing else he could find besides a picture inside his bedside drawer. Jongin takes a look and he sees a younger version of Sehun with a man, probably his father.

 

Sehun had a huge smile on his face on the photo and he was hugging his father. Sehun was probably around sixteen when the photo was taken. Even back then he already looked beautiful.

 

Jongin just can’t fully believe that he’d turn out to be a thief. Of course Jongin doesn’t fully know Sehun yet and Sehun might just be faking his personality but that’s not what he thinks.

 

“Sometimes I think I deserve it.”

 

He recalls the sullen expression on Sehun’s face when he said that and Jongin kind of felt bad. Why would he even think that he deserves to be taken advantage of in the first place?

 

Jongin returns to his room and dials Chanyeol’s number. He picks up after a few rings. “Hey, are you with Baekhyun?” Jongin asks.

 

“Excuse you, my world does not revolve around Athena’s most gifted son, I have a life too.” Chanyeol huffs.

 

“You sound whipped.” Jongin snorts. “Anyways I have a question to ask. Don’t tell Baekhyun or Hermes about it.”

 

“Oooh, are we rebelling? Sounds fun.”

 

“It’s not like that, I just need to know something.” Jongin says.

 

“And that would be?”

 

“What will happen to Sehun once I take him there? Is he going to jail? Will he be punished? Are they throwing him to Tartarus?”

 

“Whoa there, Tartarus is too extreme. Remember when Baekhyun said that he never harmed anyone? I don’t think the pretty boy is going to get an extreme punishment. He’ll probably do some community service or spend a few weeks at Hades’ place. It depends on the gods. I heard Madame Aphro isn’t too pleased with his actions so I don’t think she’s letting him off the hook so easily.” Chanyeol explains.

 

“He can’t go to the Underworld, that’s too much for him.” Jongin winces.

 

“Hey, you sound concerned. Is his magic working on you?” Chanyeol chuckles.

 

“I’m immune to his charms, Chanyeol. I just think that he’s not as bad as the files about him say.” Jongin clears up.

 

“What makes you think that?”

 

“He was with me last night. He was drunk and he even got drugged by some stranger. I kind of expected his true personality to come out but not much changed. He was truthful and told me some things, I just think he’s not that bad.” Jongin says.

 

“It’s weird to hear the son of the god of war saying that.” Chanyeol laughs.

 

“I know it’s weird but I assure you that I’m not hexed.” Jongin grins. “I still have three days, I’ll try to get to know Sehun more while I’m at it.”

 

He hears Chanyeol sighing from the other line. “Okay, I’m not supposed to tell you this but it looks like you’ve taken a liking on the boy so I guess I’ll help.”

 

Jongin’s ears perk up at that. “What are you talking about?”

 

“I overheard Hermes talking to Baekhyun, they already sent someone after Sehun’s friend and I think they’re following them around already. If they get the son of Eros first, they’re taking Sehun by force after.” Chanyeol lowers his voice.

 

“What? But I am assigned on this mission. Why would they take Sehun by force?” Jongin asks.

 

“Like I said, Madame Aphro isn’t happy with his actions and I heard that it’s bad for her name so she wants Sehun to stop as soon as possible and she also isn’t happy about Hermes assigning a son of Ares to take him back too.” Chanyeol explains.

 

Jongin rolls his eyes. “Wait till she finds out that I’m so close to sleeping with her son.”

 

Chanyeol chokes. “Whoa what? Are you for real?!”

 

“That’s something for us to talk about some other time and Madame Aphro needs to move on from her and my dad’s affair for goddess’ sakes. Their kids have nothing to do with it.”

 

“This situation is so dramatic, I’m living for it.” Chanyeol snickers.

 

“Just give me updates too, okay? It seems like I’m going to have to rush things with Sehun.”

 

“Tell me the details soon. Good luck.” Chanyeol says as he ended the call.



 

Great. No wonder Baekhyun was rushing him. Someone else is after Donghae and Sehun right now. He’ll need to catch Sehun off guard if he wants to be a step ahead of whoever Hermes sent.


 

After a few hours of thinking and idling, he calls Baekhyun again to make a report. He needs to know that there is progress. This is his mission and he doesn’t want anyone interfering.

 

“You called again,” Baekhyun starts.

 

“I found the item that Donghae purchased.” Jongin says.

 

“What is it?”

 

“It’s… Lingerie, I think.” Jongin answers. “With stockings, garter belts and all that .”

 

Baekhyun chuckles from the other line. “Oh wow, he’s gonna pull a Hera on you. He’s even bolder than I thought.”

 

Jongin immediately understood what Baekhyun meant. But will Sehun do it? Was he the master of the plan?

 

“Jongin you’re going to get it good.” Baekhyun snickers. “I’m willing to give you an extension as long as you get laid. with Madame Aphro’s kids are the best based from what I learned.”

 

Jongin grimaces. “ off, I have a mission to do.”

 

“Well you can do Sehun too.” Baekhyun smoothly comments.

 

Jongin nearly chokes. He was about to make a retort when he catches a whiff of a familiar scent. Sehun’s back. “I gotta go, I only called to give you updates.”

 

“Jongin, I’m telling you this… If you have no plans on sleeping with Sehun just get your mission done quick and I’ll sleep with him instead.” Jongin can’t believe that Baekhyun’s actually serious.

 

“Dude… aren’t you and Chanyeol a thing?” he groans.

 

“To be fair, Chanyeol wants to sleep with Sehun too so it’s a win for both of us.”

 

Jongin rolls his eyes in annoyance. “None of you are sleeping with him. Chanyeol is the son of Heph, Madame Aphro would never allow it.” he points out.

 

He hears footsteps indicating that Sehun has entered the apartment. “Anyways, I’ll call if there’s more progress.” he tells Baekhyun and picks up the box.

 

“Sure thing. Have fun son of Ares. You’re good at tactics and you have the best stamina, you better use it.” Baekhyun suggestively says.

 

Sometimes it’s hard to believe that Baekhyun is the most skilled son of the goddess of wisdom on camp.

 

“I’ll call you later.” he says as he left the room. Sehun happened to just exit his room as well.

 

The look of surprise on Sehun’s face when he saw the box in Jongin’s hands is priceless.

 

“The cleaning lady found this under your bed, she was about to throw it out but I thought it might be important.” Jongin steps towards him.

 

Sehun looks like he’s close to panicking.

 

Jongin playfully smirks before returning the box to him. “I didn’t know that you were into those kind of stuff.”

 

Sehun was frozen for a moment. He opens and closes his mouth a couple of times as he finds the right words to say. “Actually, this is a mistake. Donghae jokingly gave it to me.” he explains.

 

“No need to explain, I won’t judge.” Jongin shrugs as he takes a seat on the couch.

 

“I’m telling the truth.” Sehun chases after him. “You… know a fact about me, I’m not the type to be into this.”

 

Jongin looks up at him. “That’s a shame.” he says.

 

Sehun blinks in confusion. “What?”

 

“It’s a shame,” Jongin repeats. “I thought I’d see you wearing it.” his smile was dangerous.

 

Sehun cheeks turn red. “W-why would I? It’s not something that would look good on me and why would I even wear such a thing in the first place?” he blubbers.

 

“You haven’t tried,” Jongin points out.

 

“I’m never going to try.” the younger grits before marching into his room.

 

Jongin chuckles in amusement. A few minutes later, Sehun steps out of his room and acted as if nothing happened. It amused Jongin to no end.

 

“So… what do you want for dinner, sir?” he asks.

 

Jongin was so tempted to reply ‘You wearing that girdle’ but he didn’t want to scare Sehun off. “Let’s eat at the restaurant downstairs, I haven’t had a decent meal for days now.” he answers.

 

“Should I accompany you?” Sehun asks.

 

“Of course, you’re my assistant. Shall we?”

 

Sehun nods before opening the door for Jongin. They head to the restaurant at the ground floor of the apartment penthouse, it looks expensive but Sehun knows it’s nothing for a corporate heir like Jongin. They order their food and eat dinner in comfortable silence.

 

“How was your day with Donghae? You spent hours with him.” Jongin inquires.

 

Sehun looks confused on why Jongin was asking in the first place. “It’s fine, we just hung-out like usual. He got so worried about me last night so he demanded that I catch up with him today.”

 

“You smell like him.”

 

Sehun’s brows furrow in confusion. “I do?”

 

Jongin’s jaw tightens. Careless mistake. He couldn’t help it though. Sehun smells like a mixture of both his and Donghae’s pheromones. He didn’t notice at first but the longer they stay together, the more he could smell.

 

“His perfume, I smell it on you. It was how you smelled back then too when he drove you to the office.” Jongin lies.

 

Sehun grabs his shirt collar to give it a sniff, Jongin notices the hickeys he left by Sehun’s collarbone. “You must have a good sense of smell then, I never notice.”

 

Donghae probably kissed Sehun because his pheromones wouldn’t be that strong on him if they just ‘hung-out’.

 

“About last night…” Sehun halts when Jongin speaks.

 

“It’s a blur,” Sehun murmurs.

 

“It’s fantastic.”

 

Heat rises to Sehun’s cheeks. “Yeah? That’s cool.”

 

“You even asked me about the rules in regards to fraternizing with your boss.” Jongin says.

 

“I must’ve been so drunk, I’m so sorry.”

 

“I’m not going to fire you for it, you’re too tense.” Jongin laughs.

 

Sehun scratches his nape and hesitantly makes eye contact. “I’m still a bit embarrassed,” he awkwardly laughs. “I mean, you’re my boss but you ended up babysitting me last night because of my stupidity.”

 

“I got a wonderful reward for it though.” Jongin’s tone was suggestive. Sehun looks at him with a questioning look, cheeks flushed.

 

“Would you want that… Again?” Sehun asks as if he’s testing the waters.

 

“I’d like to have with you.” Jongin bluntly says.

 

It takes half a minute for the words to process. Sehun ends up coughing loudly.

 

“Are you serious?” he exclaims, looking scandalized.

 

“Wow, you’re such a .” he snickers. “You’re the one that asked if I’d want it again, you got your answer.”

 

“Well I was just--”

 

“You want it too, don’t you?” Jongin drawls. “Your body was so honest with me last night, Shixun.”

 

Sehun gulps and looks away. Jongin takes a couple of bills from his wallet and places them on the table.

 

“I’ll be waiting for you upstairs. Come up when you’re ready.” he says as if it’s a challenge.

 

Sehun stares at Jongin’s figure as he left the restaurant. He was dumbstruck. He tries to recall more of what happened and he was slowly recalling a few moments.

 

He remembers Jongin’s body against his. He remembers Jongin touching him. He recalls in pleasure but he somehow can’t recall whatever Jongin told him after all of that.

 

Although despite that, Sehun knows one thing. He does want it. The thrill, the adrenaline, the pleasure… Jongin gives it all to him and he wants more of it.

 

He knows what’s waiting for him if he ever returns to Jongin’s penthouse apartment. If it was any other target, he would’ve just taken the money on the table and ran away but Jongin isn’t just any other target. There is something about him that just draws Sehun to him.

 

Sehun calls a waiter and tells him to keep the change. He looks at the building exit and the elevator.

 

“I must be crazy.” he mutters to himself before entering the elevator.

 

Once he enters Jongin’s apartment, he sees his boss sitting on the couch. It was as if he knew Sehun is going to come the whole time.

 

“You’re sure about this.” It was supposed to be a question but Jongin sounded so sure of it.

 

Sehun tries his best to put up a confident facade. “Are you hesitating, boss?” he asks.

 

Jongin’s smile widens. “Not at all. I have some wine at the kitchen, let’s have a few drinks first. Shall we?”

 

Sehun obediently nods before going to the kitchen. He takes two wine glasses and he takes the bottle at the counter. Sehun is actually quite relieved that Jongin asked him to get some drinks, it makes his job easier.

 

Sehun takes the powdered sleeping medicine in his pocket.

 

“Donghae! Hey stop!” he whines when Donghae won’t stop kissing him. He feels the elder’s hands sliding into the back pocket of his jeans.

 

Donghae breaks their kiss with a grin on his face. “It’s a little something for you. I am a hundred percent sure about Jongin wanting to get in your pants so I prepared some crushed sleeping pills.”

 

“That does not explain why you kissed me!” he accuses.

 

“You’ll need my pheromones as a blessing. Plus, this might be the last I’m kissing Sehun.” he snickers.

 

Sehun punches his shoulder. “Shut up!”

 

“Good luck baby boy, call me for updates!” the son of Eros grins before ushering him out of the car.

 

Sehun opens the packet and mixes the medicine into the wine.


 

“Sorry Jongin, a target is a target.”