Chapter 9

Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The crowds cheered loudly when they saw the basketball players making their way into the court, chanting each and every other player name, shouting the loudest when they saw the star of the team, Captain Yoo Jeongyeon making his way into the field, waving at the roaring crowd.

 

What a popular guy, Mina thought.

 

When Jeongyeon saw Mina in the crowd, he waved at her and blew an air kiss, making all people cooed at his actions, with his teammates smacking his head for being so madly in love and Jeongyeon grunted, holding onto his head trying to subside the pain. All the girls turned their attention towards Mina, eyeing her up and down, probably cursing her for snatching the hottest bachelor in school. But there are some of them who smiled lovingly at her too, thinking what good deed she has done in her past life that she deserved Yoo Jeongyeon in her life.

 

“Woooooo someone’s getting bolder nowadays huh” Jihyo remarked, nudging Mina who is sitting beside her, making Mina blush instantly at her boyfriend's cheesy act, who is never afraid of showing his affections to his girlfriend.

 

Half an hour watching them practicing, dribbling the ball, and practices shooting countless times, suddenly Mina saw Jeongyeon walking towards Coach Jung, discussing something very seriously which makes Mina furrows her eyebrows. He moved his hands up and down, filling Coach Jung with every single details, not wanting to left anything out, with his eyebrows creases occasionally at time to time. The substitutes at the side also looking at their captain and their coach, hearing whatever them both are discussing while gulping down on their drink taking a short break from the last minute practice.

 

When Coach Jung smiled and nodded his head, he patted Jeongyeon’s shoulder while he walked away, those two had develop their relationship more of like father-son rather than coach-player, because Jeongyeon has been representing his school for quite some time now. Jeongyeon grabbed his bag and breathed a huge sigh of relief after explaining his situation,  with his teammates fist bumping him when he made his move from the player's bench, smiling sheepishly and scratching his neck when the boys cooed at him.

 

Where is he going now ? Is he done with his practice ? But Jackson and Momo is still shooting some hops, with Dahyun and Chaeyoung still practicing blocking with each other. And why are the others fist bumping Jeong, smiling and wiggling their eyebrows at him ? He looked shy too.

 

Much to Mina’s surprise, Jeongyeon is walking towards where she, Jihyo, Nayeon, Sana and Tzuyu were seated, making everyone shouted loudly for seeing Yoo Jeongyeon up close especially the girls, clearly have the same question in their mind of why Jeongyeon is walking to the crowd’s area, holding a bag. He smiled at each and every one of them, waving a little at the roaring cheer for him, and walked confidently with his big steps towards the girls. 

 

When Jeongyeon was in front of Mina, her first instinct was maybe Jeongyeon left some of his sporting kits at the room.

 

Aish this guy, really. Didn't I tell him multiple times about packing all his sporting stuffs earlier and put them at the place where he won't forget them. Guess it won't work even I told him gazillion times.

 

"What’s wrong, baby ? You left your things at the dorm, is it. Do you need your mouth guard…towel…or, don’t tell me you forgot to bring your water bottle, Yoo Jeongyeon”

 

Mina looked up at him for one second, before fumbling frantically through her bag to look for his mouth guard, assuming that maybe he left his. She creased her eyebrows when she can't seem to find them, sighing and digging her hands deeper into her bag, looking for that tiny little thing.

 

Jeongyeon has the habit of keeping some of his stuffs in Mina’s bag, I mean that’s what boyfriends do right, stuffing their girlfriend’s bag with all their belongings, making their girlfriend their mini 7-Eleven, always ready at their service, all day all night and all year long.

 

So, since Jeongyeon has an extra of his sporting kits, he keeps some of it in Mina’s handbag, just in case he forgets. Mina always has Jeongyeon’s sport essentials in her bag, considering she is with him 24/7 nowadays, so Myoui Mina is always ready at your service, Mr. Yoo.

 

Mina stopped searching for his mouth guard when suddenly Jeongyeon shoved a plastic bag full of foods into her face

 

“what…..” Mina startled, lifting her head up only to meet those sparkling shiny pair of black eyes of him looking at her, full of tenderness and endearing, captivated by Mina's expensive look even though she is only wearing purple cotton blouse paired with a black mini shorts that wrapped her hips perfectly, purple and black, his two favourite colours.

 

Fixing her bangs and tucked few strands of hair behind her ear, he smiled, cherishing his girlfriend's angelic look, “Oh I know how early you guys got up this morning for our competition today to secure the front seats, so considering that you might’ve skipped your breakfast, I brought food for you, and maybe the other loser’s girlfriends’ too, you know just in case you guys are hungry” Jeongyeon replied, filling her in while passing another bag full of food to Nayeon and Sana on the far end.

 

“Aww Jeong you’re the best ! I wished Momo is as thoughtful as you too, he always forget me whenever he’s busy or whenever there’s food in front of him, you’re so lucky Mina ahh~” Nayeon whined to Jeongyeon complaining about his roommate, pouting a little but put both of her hands together afterwards, clearly excited with the foods in front of her, scanning the plastic bag that Jeongyeon had given her.

 

Mina snapped from her thoughts when Jeongyeon continue “ Ah don’t worry about that baby, I’ve packed all the things that you mentioned before. I remembered someone calling me yesterday, nagging about how I always forgot my things that she ended up carrying a huge handbag to carry my things along with her too, and make sure that I packed them all this time” Jeongyeon winked, scratching his back of neck a little recalling Mina always scold him for forgetting his things, and Mina pinched him on his stomach, causing him to yelp in pain.

 

“Ouch ! That hurts Myoui ! ” Jeongyeon cry out, rubbing his stomach repeatedly, perplexed by Mina's sudden reflex.

 

“Oh I better get going now, Momo and the others are calling me, probably to discuss about strategies” and from afar, Mina could see that Momo and Jackson waving frantically at him, urgi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter