Chapter 28

Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to our Yoong

Happy birthday to you~”

 

His parents sang out loud for him over the phone, face-timing each other despite his dad having busy schedules, his mum always make sure that they always wished their children’s birthday together.

 

“Thank you” he replied, smiling a little at them, missing his parents embrace a little too much.

 

“Yoong ah, are you okay ?” his mum asked, concerned of her beloved son’s condition, he let his facial hair grows now, but she assumed he might wanted to keep it for that ‘No shave November’ again.

 

“Yeah I’m okay mum, no worries. I’m just stressed out about the music ensemble” he said, smiling widely to his mum assuring his condition.

 

“Did Mina wish your birthday yet?”

 

Ah, Jeongyeon forgot about that. He never told his parents, his brothers, his friends about his break up, but he bet, his circle of friends already knew about it. Nothing escapes them, anyway. Since both of them didn’t delete photos of both of them on their accounts, people would’ve expect things are smooth sailing between Mina and him.

 

If only they knew, if only they knew how much Jeongyeon hated himself right now, if only he could travel back to the past, he would stay put where he and Mina are in their happiest state, the time when Mina felt extremely happy with him by her side, the time when Jeongyeon and Mina are the definition of perfect couple, that one chance, that Jeongyeon keeps on asking everyday from the Big Guy up there.

 

“Tsk…” he let out, replaying the moments time and time again without feeling boring, resisting the urge to let his tears drop.

 

“No, she hasn’t” Jeongyeon replied to his mum, who is now smiling widely on the screen.

 

“Ahhhh that’s why my baby Yoong looking so sad, he hasn’t received his birthday wish from his girlfriend yet” his mum said, pouting a little to him making he chuckled.

 

If only you knew what happened, mum. Jeongyeon thought to himself.

 

“Nah no worries Yoong, she probably wants to become your last wisher this year around” Yuri continued, smiling at him affirming him about Mina will be wishing his birthday.

 

She probably didn’t even want to wish my birthday, Jeongyeon mumbles under his breath.

 

“I’ll see you during Christmas then Yoong ! Aigoo my son is 22 now, how time flies” Yuri sighed, not believing his son is all grown up now, but still such a baby to her.

 

Jeongyeon smiled hearing his mum’s complaint, how his mum always treat him like a baby, just like Mina did.

 

“Bye buddy !! See you soon !!” his dad exclaimed, waving frantically at him.

 

“Happy birthday again Yoong ! I love you~” his mum added in, before cutting the call.

 

“Soko kara mieru sekai wa donna keshiki na no ka na…”

(I wonder what the world looks like from there)

 

Jeongyeon closed his both eyes, playing Be As One by TWICE, reminiscing the moment they were in Osaka, singing on top of their lungs for TWICE’s songs, how Born Rascals and him cheering out loud when TWICE appeared on stage, how they all dedicate this song to their girlfriends, the promise they made, they will always stick together as one.

 

He rested his forehead on the steering wheel, wondering how Mina is doing, does she eat well, is she living her life prosperously, how he wished he could dumped everything in LA and catch the next flight to Osaka, begging for Mina to take him back.

 

“I miss you so much…” he let out, tears rolling down his cheeks for nth time for the past 2 weeks, it had only been 2 weeks, but this is yet to be the most horrible 2 weeks in his life.

 

Mina finally picked up his call one day, he frantically arranged his words to say to Mina, how he regretted his actions, how much he wanted to express to Mina he loved her deeply, how his world turned upside down without Mina by his side, only to have Mina replying him : “We’ll talk about this when I have free time” and ended the call within 15 seconds span.

 

He scrolled through Mina’s Instagram profile again, all of these is too much for him to take, the thought of Mina no longer loves him, kill him, inside and out. He clicked on the photo of him, Mina had this tradition of posting goofy or embarrassing pictures of him on his birthday, he smiled tracing his fingers on her username, and chuckled when he saw Mina posted a polaroid photo of him stucking his tongue out at her, poking one finger on his cheek, the caption reads :

 

Universe really works mysteriously on his way, that somehow, they intertwined our path together, by bringing you into my life. Happy birthday cheeky boy, you are truly a blessin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter