Chapter 26

Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wow you actually know how to put on long pants, I thought you only acknowledge about short pants’ existence” Mina commented, when she caught the sight of him putting on warm gray sweatpants with a gray sweatshirt, while drying his hair with the towel.

 

They were back in the apartment now, after coming back from quite a journey from Legoland in Nagoya, half lying on the bed with her back rested on the bedhead, while scrolling through her social media.

 

“One..two..three !!!!” he announced while jumping into bed, made a dramatic landing few inches beside Mina making both of them laughed afterwards with his chilidish act.

 

“I’m coldddddddddd, please provide me warmmmmmm” Jeongyeon whined out loud, snuggling closer to Mina putting his chin on top of her , wrapping his arms on her waist, gazing intently into each other’s eyes with Mina helping him to dry off his wet hair with the towel after putting her phone on the bedside table.

 

“You’re such a young boy at heart, I feel like my boyfriend is two rather than he is twenty one” Mina commented, letting out small laugh seeing him pouting hearing her comments, recalling him getting all excited while they were in Legoland, jumping and hopping around the amusement park.

 

“Thank you for today,baby” he said, giving a quick kiss on Mina’s lips before going back to his previous position, nuzzling closer on her neck, closing his eyes inhaling her scent, humming to his own imaginary song feeling contented with her surprise.

 

“You like it ?” Mina asked, putting the towel on his shoulder while patting on his slight wet hair, rubbing her right thumb across his cheek.

 

“Like it ? I LOVE IT” he announced, leaning in to give Mina a quick kiss on her lips again, making Mina laughed with his actions.

 

“Especially when you bought that Ninjago City Lego for me” he added in, feeling overwhelmed with the current situation with Mina looking lovingly at him, heart beating a thousand times with the close proximity.

 

“Come, let’s open your presents” Mina offered, making his jaw dropped a little, shocked too when Mina prepared gifts for him, and released his hold of her.

 

“Wait, what ????” he asked, voice raised a little too excitedly, sitting on the bed facing Mina who is laughing seeing him in a shock state.

 

“How did you buy me presents ?? Aren’t you with me the whole day ?” he added in, narrowing his eyes at her.

 

“Remember yesterday we split into two groups ? Actually, I asked for the other’s help to distract you from me” Mina replied, filling him in with the information.

 

“Hold up hold up, you’re telling me that yesterday Momo’s and Nayeon’s fight are not real ?” he asked, putting his hand up, trying to solve the puzzle inside his head.

 

“No, baby. They even went to Universal Studios together today” Mina replied, smiling from ear to ear seeing him opening his mouth a little too wide after hearing what Mina had say.

 

“Are you serious ?!!!! Oh my goodness I got drunk for NO REASON” Jeongyeon said, emphasizing his words not believing what Mina had tell him, putting one hand on his forehead trying to digest the infos.

 

“Wait, but they looked like they almost killed each other” he added in, recalling them two fighting and shouting, throwing merciless attacks as if they are arch rivals on court.

 

“I guess, Im Nayeon teach some of her acting skills to Momo then” Mina replied, reminding him of the fact that Nayeon is a film major, making he shooked his head multiple times realizing he fell into their trap.

 

“Ahhh that’s why that Son Chaeyoung keeps on checking his phone all the time when we were together yesterday, was he texting you guys to inform our whereabouts ?” he asked, recalling yesterday’s incident of Chaeng 24/7 on his phone making him almost got punched on his face by Jeongyeon for being so engrossed on his mobile rather than consoling Momo.

 

“Bingo. We got so freaked out when you guys went inside the same restaurant as us for lunch” she replied, remembering all of them panicking when they caught the sight of 5 of them inside the restaurant they were about to have lunch, with shopping bags all over their hands and ran as fast as they could to another eateries without Jeongyeon noticing as he was backfacing them.

 

“But why ?” he asked, curious of Mina’s decision asking Momo and Nayeon to fight with each other for the sake of distracting him, and went to lie down on Mina’s laps.

 

“Since the chance of you leaving me alone whenever I’m around you is probably zero, so…..” Mina replied, with Jeongyeon chuckled when she remind him of his clinginess around her and interlinking his left hand with hers, resting them on his abs.

 

“You don’t like it ?” he asked, concerned of maybe Mina felt uncomfortable of him clinging around her 24/7, but she never expressed it out loud to not hurt his feelings.

 

“Obviously no, baby. Clingy boyfriends are the best” Mina exclaimed, leaning down to plant a kiss on his forehead, and Jeongyeon let out a small laugh hearing that, relieved too at the same time that his clinginess does not annoy Mina.

 

“You want to know what Auntie Yoon and my mum called me, Uncle Taec and my dad ?” he asked, looking up to meet those subtle tantalizing eyes, smiling at each other with Mina his hair gently with amore and love, making him feel relaxed under her touch.

 

“What did they call you guys ?”

 

“Three clingy giants” he replied, kissing Mina’s palm afterwards and Mina laughed wholeheartedly hearing his answer, finally getting the idea of where he got his clingy traits from.

 

“Stay here, let me go get the presents” Mina asked, removing his head from her laps gently putting them on the mattress, and made her move to Jihyo’s room where she kept all the gifts.

 

Jeongyeon removed himself from the bed, making his way to hang the towel on its towel rack and went to the dressing table to arrange his hair nicely despite being a little bit late at night.

 

Bustling door sound startled Jeongyeon while standing in front of the mirror checking his appearance, only to find Mina holding so many things on her hand.

 

“Oh my goodness, you scared me for one second there. Here, let me help you” he offered, before rubbing his hand over his chest to calm himself down with door bustling sound, and took couple of stuffs from Mina’s hands.

 

“BABY this is A LOT” he continued, when he put the gifts on the mattress, sitting across Mina with his legs folded, examining the presents in front of him. There is Louis Vuitton medium sized paper bag, a wrapped up present in cylindrical shape, and another wrapped gift in rectangular shape with a medium sized gift box in black.

 

“Open this first” Mina asked, handing him the Louis Vuitton paper bag, when she saw Jeongyeon’s jaw dropped a little to the floor seeing so many gifts in front of him, eyes wandering around not knowing which present he should unwrap first.

 

“Wow a Louis Vuitton ? Guess what Hirai told me about the Myouis are rich is true then” he said, chuckling while making those remarks with Mina rolling her eyes at him.

 

He took out the box from its paper bag, and landed his eyes on the wishing card which read :

 

You got awarded with the MVP title back in our school days for your basketball skills, but I think the most valuable possession you got from high school is me ;) Happy anniversary bugbug, I love you.

Love,

MNM

 

“You’re so full of yourself” he remarked, after finished reading the card, letting out small laugh while shooking his head multiple times.

 

“But it’s true though” he added in, winking at Mina afterwards while making the tongue clicking sound and she laughed wholeheartedly when he admitted about the fact.

 

He pulled the slit on the side and removed it from the dustbag, examining Mina’s first gift for him, the Amerigo wallet from Louis Vuitton.

 

“Since you told me that for third year anniversary, the tradition is to give your partner leather, so I bought you that.” Mina explained to him, while he was flipping the wallet in and out.

 

“I put our picture in the transparent window that we took during your sister’s wedding last year” Mina added in, with him looking intently onto it, tracing his fingers on Mina’s face in the picture even when she is right in front of him.

 

In that picture, Mina wrapped her right arm with his left, and he rested his arm on his abdomen. She was wearing lace-paneled fluted stretch-knit dress in black from Valentino paired with high heels, and Jeongyeon wearing classic black suit, white shirt and black tie with black oxford shoes. It was a photo of both of them looking at the camera, with Jeongyeon smiling a little while leaning his head on hers, making Mina flashed her signature gummy smile a little too wide when his mum took the picture witnessing her son acting like a baby to his girlfriend.

 

“Baby, you look sooo tiny beside meeeee” he exclaimed out loud, when he discovered Mina’s petite frame, after so long.

 

“Wow you finally acknowledge that after what, three years ?” Mina replied, shooking her head multiple times while laughing when he finally noticed the height difference between both of them.

 

“We look like Kitty and Boo” he said, referring them both as the characters from Monster Inc, looking at Mina right in front of him alternately with Mina inside the picture, laughing a little when he found out about his girlfriend’s petite frame.

 

“BOO” Mina exclaimed, mimicking the character from what he mentioned earlier, making him laughed wholeheartedly seeing his girlfriend being all cute.

 

“I hot-stamped your initials behind it too” Mina added in, when he couldn’t stop looking at the picture of both of them, asking him to turn around and look at ‘YJY’ initials in silver behind the transparent window.

 

“Wow, that’s so unlike you.” He replied, shocked a little when Mina put his initials on his wallet.

 

“Why did you say so ?” Mina asked, curious of his statement.

 

“Remember you gave me Japan football’s jersey with your name and your birthdate on it ? I wore that to trainings once and my teammates called me Mina for at least one whole month”

 

“Even my coach teased me every time I made mistakes, he’ll be like : Yoo ! Are your mind in Japan ? He called me Mina from Japan or Mina the Japan girl uptill now” he added in, reminding Mina of her gift to him, making her laughed when she got the idea of why he made those remarks.

 

“I’m just making sure that people knows what belongs to me”

 

“I should’ve hot stamped my initials on your forehead so that Yuki would know that you are mine” she huffed, letting out a sigh when she recalled the incident of Yuki flirting with her boyfriend right in front of her eyes.

 

“Now, that sounds like Mina Myoui that I know” he replied, winking at Mina afterwards making her laugh wholeheartedly with his actions.

 

“Should I open this next ?” he asked, putting the wallet down and picked up the cylindrical shape gift with Mina nodded her head agreeing with his choice.

 

“Eh ?? What is this ?” he asked while reading the instructions Mina pasted on the bottle

 

How it works : ‘The 365 Jar’ are three hundred and sixty five handwritten notes, each colour co-ordinated to the below themes. Every morning when I’m not around you, you can pick one note out and it (in theory) will be a nice start for you to begin your day :

 

moments & memories : pink

quotes & lyrics : purple

reasons I love you : red

 

“Awwww bunbun this is so cute !!!!!” he exclaimed excitedly, after reading the instructions carefully.

 

“Can I open it now ?” he asked, making Mina flustered.

 

“Errr open it when you are back in LA” Mina replied, cheeks flushed red because she went all cheesy writing the notes for him.

 

“You’re shy aren’t you ?” he asked, knowing that she still have that little bit of reserved side of hers with Mina nodding her head, but he shrugged it off and proceed to the next gift.

 

“Now what could this be…….”

 

“WAITTTTTTTTTTTT”

 

“NO FREAKING WAYYYYYYYYYYY”

 

He let out those comments out loud when he unwrapped the next present, ripping them as fast as he could when he saw ‘PS4’ written on it.

 

“Oh my god Myoui this is terrific !!!!!!” he shouted a little bit too excited, putting the box on his laps, sparkles all over his eyes examining Mina bought him a video game console.

 

“Did you just buy me a freaking PS4 for our anniversary gift ?!! Whoaaaaa my girlfriend is so coooooool” he exclaimed out loud, went over to hug Mina across him, planting a kiss on her crown making Mina felt a huge pang of relief when he liked the gift.

 

Dude, which guy wouldn’t like if his girlfriend bought him a PS4 ?

 

“I got surprised too when you told me you didn’t have a PS4, I mean, your dad can buy it for you in like, seconds” Mina said, smiling from ear to ear until her gummy looks like it almost fall off , staring intently at him who was looking at the box as if his life depends on it.

 

“My mum didn’t let my dad to buy it for me because she said I played too much video games” he explained, looking up to meet Mina’s subtle eyes, embedding his thanks and affection into those black shiny eyes.

 

“I bought some games for you too” Mina continued, opening the black box for him and handed it afterwards.

 

“NBA…FIFA….GTA V…”

“God of War…Spiderman…Yakuza..”

 

He read out the game titles while taking them out of the box, tears forming in his pool of eyes, what a crybaby.

 

“Mina Myoui, this is not some, this is HUGE” he exclaimed, looking alternately between his games and Mina in front of him, grinning from ear to ear and widening his arms to embrace Mina which she gleefuly went to.

 

“Can I go play with the others ?” he asked, wanting to spend time with his brothers though it’s quite late in Osaka with Mina nodding her head and started to clean the mess from the wrappers.

 

He removed himself quickly from the bed, putting on his indoor slippers and shuffled hurriedly to the door, making Mina chuckled a little seeing his frantic moves while cleaning up.

 

Few steps before reaching the doorknob, he came back to Mina and tapped her on the shoulder, taken Mina aback by surprise when she felt someone’s touching her.

 

“Oh my goodness, you scared me to death for one second there.” Mina said, breathed a huge sigh of relief, rubbing her chest with Jeonyeon smiling sheepishly at her.

 

“Yes, how may I assist you, Yoo Jeongyeon-ssi ?” Mina asked, when she saw Jeongyeon scratching his nape, hesitating as if he was trying to arrange his words.

 

“You sure you let me play video games with the guys ? Remember you got so mad at me once because I got caught up playing Counter Strike with them that I forgot to pick up your calls ?” he reminded Mina of that incident, when he completely ignored his phone because he was engrossed shooting those enemies in the game, making Mina feel like shooting him in real life the moment he finally replied to her.

 

Mina looked intently into his eyes, the eyes that always put Mina into tranquility the instant they locked their gaze with each other. She never knew the reason why he always ask for Mina’s permission in every single thing that he does, Mina never requested him to do that, he does annoy Mina with his jokes and all, or whenever he was busy with his classes, extra music practice, and his basketball trainings, but somehow, he is the same guy who always bring jovial and wonderment into her life.

 

“Hellooooo earth to Mina helloooooo” he said, waving his hands up and down in front of her face, making Mina jumped a little from her trains of thought.

 

Mina leaned in closer to him, wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter