Chapter 22

Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Los Angeles, California

Winter 2019

 

“Hello…..?” a voice from the other end greeted, with his sleepy, groogy and husky voice, rubbing his eyes, sitting on his bed when he got a call from his girlfriend.

 

“Hi baby ! Are you sleeping ?” Mina answered, with her estatic and thrilled voice, shocked too when her boyfriend answered her call even when it’s 3 in the morning in LA.

 

“Yeah….I was, before you called, anything ?” He replied, yawning and putting his hand in front of his mouth, clearly still needing more sleep.

 

“Ah nothing, I just wanted to hear your voice” Mina said, smiling from ear to ear when she heard his voice, though it’s a bit groggy, but she still finds it hot.

 

“…………”

“…………”

 

“Hello ?” Mina asked timidly over the call, afraid that the call got cut off, when she heard nothing in response from the other line.

 

“I love you baby, I’ll call you later” he replied, blowing a kiss to the phone before hanging up, slumping back onto his bed and pulling the duvet up, continuing his sleep before class is starting in few hours.

 

“I know baby, but then the guys here are all so tall, the average I think is around 6’7, dude those guys are giants. I think I’m the smallest among the team” he said, when he is facetime-ing with Mina, looking for his training essentials frantically all over the room, leaving the screen with Mina on it.

 

“Baby, if you grow any taller, I’ll be sniffing your armpits 24/7, it’s already hard enough for me to tiptoe every time I want to kiss your cheek” Mina replied, sighing a little about her boyfriend’s height, resting her chin on her hand with elbow rested on table, waiting for him to appear on the screen.

 

“Hi” he said, finally appearing on the screen, grinning and waving at Mina, hairs all wet indicating he just finished his shower, making Mina flustered seeing him only in his towel.

 

“Wear your clothes Yoo Jeongyeon, it’s cold” she reminded him of the weather, tracing her finger on the screen, moving along his face before he disappear again to look for his clothes.

 

“Socks….headband…..wristband…..water bottle..” he said while passing in front of the screen looking for the things he mentioned earlier, and returned to sit on his office chair ready to chat with Mina after finished looking for it.

 

“Mouthguard ?” Mina said, when she heard Jeongyeon mentioning all his training kits.

 

“Oh shoot” he muttered, before leaving his office chair abruptly, and run all over his room searching for that tiny little guy, making Mina laughed a little witnessing his panic moves.

 

“Thanks Myoui !” he shouted across the room, thanking her for reminding him about his sporting essentials.

 

“BABY YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE~” He shouted on top of his lungs singing a line from One Direction – What Makes You Beautiful without caring he sang it off tune, and Mina chuckled hearing that, picking up a magazine to read while waiting for him to return to screen.

 

“You know I do miss having you around me 24/7 especially during basketball trainings, so that I wouldn’t worry in case I missed anything, because you always have them in your bag, making you my very own version of Doraemon” he said, sitting back on his office chair and putting on his turtleneck sweater.

 

Mina smiled seeing him, and put down her magazine, resting her head on the table, supporting her face by her hands.

 

“I miss having you annoying me around too, Sana always complained to me that Dahyun got so much quiet without you guys here”

 

“Oh wow Kim Dahyun doesn’t talk much ? That’s so unlike him” he replied, narrowing his eyes hearing Mina’s info.

 

“I miss you” she said, pouting a little at him, making Jeongyeon chuckled seeing her pouty face.

 

“I miss you too~” he replied, puffing his cheeks out, hoping to cheer Mina up, and it did.

 

“Ah baby, I better get going now before I got late, training is in half an hour” he said, looking at his watch, ready to make his leave.

 

Mina sighed at the thought of him leaving her, yawning a little and put her hand in front of .

 

“Can I get my good luck kiss ?” he asked, leaning forward to the screen.

 

“No” Mina replied playfully, making him stopped halfway reaching the screen.

 

“Okayyy I will ask for one from the cheerleading member then~” he said in his playful tone, playing along with Mina’s little game, and stand up on his two feet, making his way to the door.

 

“YOO JEONGYEOOOOOON” Mina shouted in her soft squeaky voice, calling for her boyfriend seeing him about to make his move.

 

“Yes please, how may I help you ?” he replied, sitting on his chair again, laughed a little when she saw Mina’s gloomy face, jealousy written all over her face.

 

“You are not single !!!!!!”

 

“You have a girlfriend !!!!!!!!!!” Mina whined out her annoyance, reminding him that his girlfriend is still there, though she is in Osaka.

 

“Oh I do now ?” he said, raising one eyebrow at her.

 

“I remembered asking for a good luck kiss and she said no, so….” He replied, letting out a small laugh when Mina raised her fist up, ready to punch him any second with her small soft hand.

 

“Come nearer” Mina urged, finally complying to his request, admitting her defeat in her own game.

 

Jeongyeon leaned in closer to the screen, smiling from ear to ear seeing Mina closing her eyes while puckering her lips, and he did the same too.

 

“MWWWWAH” they both said in unison after kissing each other “lips” on screen, laughing afterwards.

 

“I miss you a lot, you know” he said, slumping back on his office chair.

 

“I miss you too” she replied, admiring the sight of him in his cream turtleneck sweater.

 

“Bye baby !!!! I love you !!!!” he shouted while leaving abruptly not letting Mina reply to his words, and disappeared within seconds, not even bothering to switch off his MacBook.

 

“Too short”

 

“Too revealing”

 

“Don’t even think about it”

 

“Next”

 

“Big fat NO”

 

“YOO JEONGYEONNNNNNNNN” Mina called out, annoyance in her voice, slumping back onto her chair, puffing her cheeks out, tired of travelling between her closet and her computer screen showing the dresses to him.

 

“Yes baby ? Woo~ I like it when you called my full name” he replied, making a seductive pose when Mina called his name, putting down his notes that he’s studying for quiz in couple of days.

 

Mina rolled her eyes at him, annoyed that he’s stirring the subject of conversation.

 

“Just pick one already will you ? You’re such a picky boyfriend” she huffed, putting the dress on her laps, gulping down on water tired from her mini exercise of travelling between her closet for dresses and showing them to Jeongyeon, only to get rejected every, single time.

 

“It’s not my fault you pick such short dresses, why are you even wearing that when it’s winter?” He replied, squinting his eyes at her.

 

“I’ve checked the weather and it’s not that cold today, I’ll wear tights inside” she answered, still not giving up the idea of wearing dress.

 

“You still get a no from me” he replied nonchalantly, picking up his notes again, scribbling something into it, ruffling his hair while fixing his glasses.

 

“But whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ?” Mina voiced out her frustration.

 

“I always wear short dresses whenever you are around too” she huffed, rolling her eyes a little when her boyfriend still disapproved her choice.

 

“Can you repeat that sentence for me please ?” he asked, putting down his notes and turned his focus back to Mina.

 

“I always wear short dresses…whenever you are around too ?” she replied, in rather small timid voice, pausing a little, afraid that she might said something wrong just now and narrowing her eyes at him.

 

“See, that’s the point. You wear that whenever I’m around you, which means people would know not to lay their eyes on my girlfriend, now that I’m far away from you, so the answer is still NO”

 

“It’s not even thaaaaat short, it ended just few inches above my knee” she said, crossing her arms and puffing her cheeks out, slumping back on her chair, annoyed that he still hold onto his decision.

 

“Even though you don’t have long legs, but your legs are a crime” he remarked, still not giving in with Mina’s choice.

 

“I get that Japanese are polite and respectful, but I’m being extra careful especially when my girlfriend has such a pretty face” he added in, smiling while complimenting her unquestionable beauty making Mina chuckled hearing that and left her table looking for another dress.

 

“Ah baby this one, you look fantastic in it” he said, giving two thumbs up at her, when Mina reappeared on the screen covering herself in comforter, only her face is shown.

 

“I look like Valak, you idiot” she replied, rolling her eyes at him.

 

“BHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA”

 

“OH MY GOD THAT’S SO FUNNYYY”

 

Yoo Jeongyeon’s ideal type : Someone funny who can amuse me

                          Mina Myoui : Checked

 

“But then, you would make a very beautiful Valak, don’t you think so ?” he said, breaking into series of laughter when Mina made those unexpected statement.

 

“You are, scary with all your crabhand skills, but then if you become Valak, I bet people will all have crushes on such pretty ghost” he added in, still regaining composure from laughing excessively with his girlfriend’s sense of humour.

 

“You’re so annoying” she said, taking off the comforter wrapping her body, and thinking which dress she should show next to Jeongyeon.

 

“The red one, you look great in it” came the reply, after almost an hour of him rejecting every single piece of dress that Mina had shown.

 

“FINALLLLLLYYYY” Mina let out, when he finally gave his nod, and quickly made her way to change.

 

“How do I look ?” she asked, after changing into the red dress that he picked earlier.

 

“WOW” he said, when Mina twirled her body around to show him her appearance.

 

“You look beautiful” he whistled, admiring his girlfriend’s look, with Mina bowing a little, expressing her gratitude for the compliment making him chuckled.

 

“I better end the call now baby, I need to get ready for the dinner” she said, ready to cut the call between both of them.

 

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” came the reply from LA.

 

Mina laughed seeing his pouty face, and sit on her chair, resting her chin on her hand, supporting them by her elbow that she put on the desk.

 

“You’re so cute” she replied, when her boyfriend is unsatisfied with her choice.

 

“I better cut the call before you interrupt me doing my makeup, you and your endless stories” she added in while rolling her eyes a little, remembering the chatty side of him that never makes her feel bored because he has so many stories to share with Mina, but sometimes he just wouldn’t stop talking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter