Chapter 15

Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi dad, how are you ? What brings you here late at night in the basement garage ?” Jeongyeon asked, walking closer to his dad, who seems to be in his deep thoughts.

 

“Oh hey there buddy ! Come here, give your old man a big hug, wouldn’t you ?” his dad, Yoo Nickhun asked, urging him to come closer.

 

Yoo Nickhun, or fondly known as Nickhun Yoo among the business industries, is a guy with multiple businesses. He inherited the construction business from his dad, but later on expanded it into fast food chain franchises, being the first one to bring Mc Donald’s franchise into Korean market.

 

He first discovered about Mc Donald’s when he was a student in the US, so with his determination, he quit his studies to focus on his goal to bring Mc Donald’s into Korea, and after couple of years when his fast food business is stable, he returned back to the US to pick up what he has left.

 

Nickhun also invested some of his money into education because he believes knowledge is what makes you a better person, so he set up a school with his business partners, only to expand it into owning multiple schools across the town.

 

When his daughter joined the entertainment industries, he become one of the shareholders in the big 3 companies too but he never disclosed his relationship with his daughter who is an actress, who goes by the stage name Gong Seungyeon. There are some people who knows about them, but Nickhun always ensure that his daughter never gets any special treatment just because her dad is influential.

 

His only son, the sole heir of Advantegies, seems to be interested in being a music composer too. He never stopped his kids’ ambition, but always remind them to pursue what they want, and do well in whatever things they are doing.

 

Jeongyeon will be continuing his studies in music, but he ensured his dad that he will be taking over the company once he is ready, or whenever he knows that he should be letting his dad rest at his golden age.

 

Jeongyeon hugged his dad tightly, clearly missing him because his dad is always busy with his businesses, but luckily his mum made a rule of having family dinner every Saturday night despite any circumstances, so their family is close, even though they are all busy.

 

“It feels so good seeing you after so long pops. How’s everything going ?” Jeongyeon asked, breaking off the hug.

 

“Nah nothing much Yoong, just running multiple businesses so that my family is living comfortably, you know the usual business stuffs that you will be inheriting some day” Nickhun winked. Jeongyeon punched his dad lightly on the shoulder, clearly not interested about this topic.

 

“Anyway I bring you down here because I need to give you something. Your mum had been bugging me since forever to get her beloved son this gift, so considering that you just won the National Finals today though your birthday is in couple of months, this is for you buddy, congrats by the way !” he exclaimed, ruffling his son’s hair while walking towards the end of the garage, stopping at a car wrapped under a cloth.

 

He can’t be……

 

“Open it Yoong” his dad urged him, when he saw that his son had been staring at it for good 5 minutes.

 

When he lifted the cloth up, his jaw dropped to the floor. Are you serious ?!

 

“Oh my god dad ! How did you know I wanted this car ?! I never recalled telling you that I’ve always wanted to own a classic Mustang Shelby ?! Pops, you are the best !!” he exclaimed excitedly, hugging his dad tightly and lifting him off the ground up and down.

 

“Uhuk…uhuk…slow down there Yoongie, I’m choking here uhuk uhuk.” Nickhun said, regaining his composure after his son put him down.

 

“Thank you dad ! Jesus Christ ! This is unbelievable ” Jeongyeon said, pacing up and down his car, admiring her beauty with his dad tossing the keys.

 

“Your mum told me this, I mean you never told anything to me anyways, tsk tsk what a mummy’s boy you are Yoong, it’s your dream car right ?” Jeongyeon nodded excitedly, his heart is contented about the whole current situation.

 

“Considering that you’ve been driving my car for quite some time now, so your mum and I decided that it’s finally the time to have your own, I remembered your mum showing me the picture of your dream car, so I asked her to send me those, it’s quite hard huh nowadays to find this 1967 Mustang Shelby. Phew luckily I did”

 

Jeongyeon has always been a mummy’s boy ever since he was small. When his father scolded him if he caught him pranking his sister or messing around the house, he will always hid behind his mum, shielding from daddy.

 

Even though he comes from wealthy family, his mum is quite stern in their upbringing. That is the sole reason why Jeongyeon is never a playboy at school and always accepts his fans’ love letters despite he is good looking and rich.

 

He remembered his mum’s golden advice

 

“Yoong, don’t date someone if you don’t think you’re ready. I’ve raised my son to become the type of guy I would want to marry”

 

“By the way, how’s the thing going with your girlfriend ?” his dad asked.

 

Ah mum must have told him this, nothing escapes his dad anyway.

 

“She’s a ballerina right if I remembered it correctly ? You should introduce her to me and your mum, bud” Nickhun grinned, patting his son’s shoulder who is now blushing of his dad knowing about his girlfriend.

 

Jeongyeon decided to introduce them to each other as he walked upstairs with his dad. When he saw his friends huddling at one corner, Jeongyeon ushered his dad towards them.

 

“DADDY !!!” Momo and Jackson shouted the moment they saw Jeongyeon’s dad, hugging him tightly because they have not seen each other for long time.

 

“Hey there Momo, Ga Ga ! Yo what’s up my small kids Chaeng and Dubu ?!” he exclaimed, hugging Chaeyoung and Dahyun, making everyone laughed at his way of calling them both.

 

They all laughed witnessing those boys’ intimate session with his dad, bowing respectfully and shaked their hands with him when Jeongyeon started introducing them. He only introduced the girls since his dad practically knows the guys ever since freshman, and even fondly calling him ‘daddy’.

 

Pfft attention seeker, Jeongyeon thought.

 

Coincidentally, Mina was the last one in line, Jeongyeon was feeling super awkward about introducing his girlfriend to his dad, so he walked up and stand beside Mina, holding her by the waist.

 

Scratching his neck with his left hand, “Erm dad, this is my girlfriend Mina Myoui. Mina, this is my dad, Mr. Nickhun Yoo” Mina broke a little while from Jeongyeon’s hold to shake his father’s hand

 

“Hello there Mr.Yoo, nice to meet you” flashing him a sweet smile before returning back to Jeongyeon’s side and he hold her by her waist, again.

 

“My my, you are one hella fine young lady….no wonder my baby Yoong is head over heels for you eh” Nickhun winked, high fiving the boys who chanted loudly when his father made those remarks.

 

"GO DADDY !!!!!" The 4 boys shouted on top of their lungs.

 

Just then, Jeongyeon’s mum approached their circle.

 

“What’s with the fuss honey ? I can hear you guys shouting from the other side of the room” while linking her arm with her husband.

 

Noticing Jeongyeon’s hand on Mina’s waist, Yuri immediately released her hold from her husband and put her drink down

 

“Oh you must be Myoui Mina right ? So sorry I didn’t notice you earlier. Yoong has been telling about you ever since he saw you performing at your ballet recital, was it during freshman, I think ?” extending her one hand to shake with Mina’s.

 

“I’ve always asked him to invite you to our house for dinner since he said that you liked Korean food a lot, but Yoong here is a bit awkward and shy around girls, I mean not Jihyo and Nayeon because they are his childhood friends, finally he has the guts to ask you out eh ? I’m glad you guys are together now. Oh my I forgot to introduce myself, I’m Kwon Yuri, Jeongyeon’s mum” she smiled a little, returning back to her husband’s side.

 

“I know right mummy ! He has been talking about Mina ever since forever ! Jeong always got so shy whenever Mina is around and got super jealous when he saw Mina talking with another guy” Chaeyoung remarked, high fiving his mum along his way.

 

You’re so cute, Mina mouthed to him.

 

The others laughed along too because it’s a fact that they can’t deny, and excited about hearing this whole story.

 

Jeongyeon was so embarrassed when they busted his secrets out, for crushing on Mina so hard that he hid his face behind Mina’s.

 

Jeongyeon tells everything to his mum, like every single things from his crush, his fans, his dreams and insecurities, literally no secrets between them. So when his mum exposed his secrets, he got so shy because Yoo Jeongyeon that has a cool image, was far from what people have thought.

 

“Yeah Chaeng, I remember him telling me that. I’m so sorry for my shy boy, Mina. You want to know one thing Mina ?” she stopped, gulping down her drinks, and gasping for air.

 

“Finally, I can follow his dad to his overseas trips. My Yoong here always fights with his dad for having me to follow him around for his business trips because he said that he is alone. The guys are always around him, but you know sometimes they left him for their girlfriends too, so I had to stay around for quite some time. Guess I can now leave my baby Yoong into your hands eh Mina ?” Yuri winked, making everyone cooed.

 

“Alright guys, stop it stop it, look at Yoong getting all embarrassed. His cheeks is as red as tomato now” his dad laughed, while everyone follows suit.

 

“So shall we get going and meet our friends too,hun ? Nice meeting you guys too. Oh by the way Mina, you can call me Uncle or perhaps Dad like these guys did. Oops is it too early Yoong ?” Nickhun said, with the guys cheering loudly at his dad, supporting him and high fiving the guys before he and Yuri made the leave.

 

“God, that was so embarrassing, why did I introduce you guys in the first place, anyway” Jeongyeon said, putting his face on his palm.

 

“Your parents are cute though, I didn’t know you liked me that much huh” Mina replied, nudging his sides, making Jeongyeon grinned, recalling those days he had a huge crush on Mina.

 

Suddenly, Jeongyeon released his grip of Mina and patted the boys on their back. Sensing this, the boys excused themselves from their girlfriends too and made their way to the crowd, up to the stage, high fiving the crowds along their way.

 

What are they up to, Mina thought.

 

When they reached the stage, the band stopped playing their music when Jeongyeon whispered something to the front man, and he instructed s to put their instruments down.

 

Chattering increases among the crowd, pondering what will happen next when they see the boys discussing very seriously with the band, and Momo going up to the DJ to tell him something only the boys and the DJ know.

 

Dahyun took his place at the piano, Jackson on the drum, MoChaeng picked the electric guitar.

 

Wait are they performing ?

 

After Jeongyeon strapped the guitar on his body, he grabbed the mic, making some sound checks and everyone turned their attention to him.

 

“Hi guys, welcome to the party !” Jeongyeon greeted through the mic and everyone cheered, clapping their hand thunderously.

 

“Are you guys enjoying it ?”

 

“YESSSS !!!!!” The crowd shouted in unison, making him smiled.

 

“First of all, I wanted to say thank you to all of you guys for coming and keep on wishing us congrats for today’s winning. If it wasn’t for your prayers, maybe we could not have defended the championship too” the crowd roars and smiled hearing his statement.

 

“So, as a token of appreciation, we decided to dedicate a song for every girls out there, because behind every successful man, there is a woman. Right lads ?!!!!” the guys clapped loudly agreeing with his statement.

 

“This song is for you girls that we don’t deserved, my beautiful mum who is standing beside right beside my dad” everyone bowed a l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter