Chapter 19

Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mina, how come you look good in everything you wear ? Like every single piece that you put on is……breathtaking” Jeongyeon commented, checking his girlfriend out when they are strolling at the beach, holding hand in hand.

 

“Hm ? Your mum gave me this dress, not only this, she gave me like one whole bag full of women’s essentials” Mina replied, smiling when her boyfriend always compliment her about her timeless beauty.

 

“Wow, now that you got my mum in your hands , who’s next ?” He asked, amused that his mum get along really well with his girlfriend.

 

Born Rascals and their girlfriends are at Bali now, they are celebrating Sana’s birthday and New Year together, and since it’s the very last time they got to gather before each going separate ways for undergraduate, their parents allowed them to go without their supervision. They have significant halves to take care of each other anyway, so their parents can finally let loose of their kids.

 

Mina is wearing black laced off shoulder dress that wrapped her hips perfectly, paired with sandals and she brought a small handbag along to put lipstick, powder and other small things that fit inside, topped with panama hat and she let her hair down, with bangs flaunting its beauty.

 

“Jeong, can you please help take photo of me, my followers always comment that I looked good in every single picture that I posted, gotta give credit for you then hun” Mina asked, releasing her hold of Jeongyeon and positioned herself at the beach, posing like she’s a freelance model.

 

“One..two..”
“Okay another one..”
“Should we take one with you facing the beach and make a peace sign ?”

 

Mina complied and actually listened to what he ordered, apart that he’s such a sweet lad, Yoo Jeongyeon, is definitely a perfect instagrammer boyfriend. 

 

He took Mina’s picture effortlessly, changing positions and angles making his girlfriend look dazzling in every single picture that he took. Everyone passed by looked at him taking his girlfriend’s photo and smiled when they saw he never complained about taking countless pictures of his girlfriend.

 

“Wow, how come you always take nice picture baby, I really should learn from you” Mina said, scrolling through her phone admiring her boyfriend’s effort, not noticing that she was actually talking to herself.

 

She looked up, when she noticed that no one is replying, and Jeongyeon is nowhere near her, but instead, he’s few metres away from Mina, taking photos with some girls in bikini, he even put his hands on their waist.

 

Yoo Jeongyeon, you’re gonna die.

 

“Bye handsome~” the girls flirtily waved goodbye at him, and Jeongyeon replied their wave happily with big smiles on his face, clearly amused that there are other people on the other side of the world who actually appreciate his good looks.

 

Mina seeing that he’s engrossed with waving at them, made her steps as lightly as she could, approaching her with her crabhand skills ready to show off their talent, when she’s behind him, she yanked his right ear and pulled it down as hard as she could

 

“Ow ! Ow ! Mina ! Mina ! That hurts !” he cried out, shocked that his girlfriend is already behind him, pulling his ear while walking along the beach to their group of friends.

 

“Oh my god Mina, good job !” Nayeon commented, when the two of them arrived at their circle of friends, laughing along with others when they saw the sight of Mina yanking Jeongyeon’s ears.

 

“You might be the captain of basketball team Jeong, but you are definitely not the captain in command between you and Mina” Sana added in while laughing, showing two thumbs up at Mina.

 

“DUDE HAHAHAHAHAHA SERVES YOU RIGHT” Jackson said, laughing hysterically while high fiving Momo, Dahyun and Chaeyoung when they saw their captain being powerless under Mina.

 

Mina finally let go of his ear, glaring at him up and down like he committed a serious crime, rubbing both of her hands afterwards, and joined the others laughing when she made her way to find a seat for both of them.

 

“FINALLY OH MY GOD THAT HURTS LIKE HELL” Jeongyeon grunted, rubbing his right ear which is now reddened because of Mina’s upgraded skills, that seems to never stop.

 

Jeongyeon is wearing beach shorts that ended above his knee, navy blue t-shirt that Mina is 100 percent sure he will take it off to show off his fine toned body, baseball cap with sunglasses, paired with sandals and brought a backpack to keep his and Mina’s essential.

 

He was waiting for Mina to say something about his pictures when the girls approached him to take a photo together, he asked Mina but she couldn’t hear because of the noises surrounding them and she got hooked scrolling through her gallery that Jeongyeon assumed she agreed.

 

Little did he knows, his ear almost got fall off by his girlfriend’s martial arts skills.

 

“Oh wow thank you Myoui for the ‘sweet’ caress, I really appreciate it” he said, plopping herself to the seat next to Mina, rolling his eyes at her and rubbing his right ear repeatedly.

 

“Duh you’re the one who started it first” she replied, not wanting to lose in this game.

 

“Dude, I asked for your permission and you ignored me so I assumed you are okay with it”

 

“Did you just DUDE me Yoo Jeongyeon ?” she replied with a voice octave higher, squinting her eyes at him and ready to make another episode of Mina’s merciless attacks on Yoo Jeongyeon.

 

“Ooops sorry baby, errr you look beautiful today !” he said, changing the topic and rubbed her arms up and down to calm her down.

 

Mina rolled her eyes and decided shrugged it off, lazy to bicker with her boyfriend and joined the others preparing food for them to eat later on.

 

“Dude ! Come on ! We’re playing volleyball with those guys !” Momo shouted, grabbing Jeongyeon’s attention and he stood up in his two feet.

 

“Baby, I’m joining the others to play volleyball, are you with me now ?” Jeongyeon asked, approaching Mina who is busy arranging foods and she looked up, meeting those shiny black eyes.

 

“Go ahead DUDE” she replied, making Jeongyeon laughed at her remarks and he gave her a quick kiss on her lips before running to join Momo and the others playing volleyball with some visitors on the beach.

 

Mina was busy staring at the beach, seeing some guys showing their inimitable surfing skills, kids swimming around with their parents, Mina smiled, imagining that one fine day, that would be her and Jeongyeon bringing their kids to the beach for vacation.

 

Missing her boyfriend’s embrace that always provide her warm and sense of protectiveness, she looked around the beach to look for volleyball court that he mentioned earlier, guys really do get along well with each other through sports aren’t they ?

 

That’s when she caught the sight of her boyfriend, his shirt is nowhere to be found now, only Chaeyoung and Dahyun still have their shirts on, Jackson and Momo as always, joined Jeongyeon in the shirtless club.

 

When she waved at him, he didn’t seem to notice because he got caught up chatting with a lady in her long maxy dress with a floppy hat, he had his hand on the lady’s forearm, rubbing them up and down, and laughing along with the jokes that they cracked, he kissed the lady on her cheek and excused himself from her.

 

Wait, he kissed her on the cheek ?

 

Mina was about to tear up with her boyfriend’s friendliness, kissing someone on the cheek is a bit too much for her to take, she took a very deep breath, calming herself down.

 

Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale, she told herself repeatedly.

 

“Hey there” Jeongyeon greeted her, sitting beside Mina and leaned closer to kiss Mina on her cheek when Mina pulled away from him.

 

“Hey what’s wrong ?” he asked, noticing that Mina’s eyes are teary now, and she looked like she’s holding her anger back, not wanting to fight with him during this holiday.

 

“You asked me what’s wrong ? Why not you tell me what’s wrong ?!” she said with her voice raised a little, making Jeongyeon taken aback by surprise.

 

“What did I do wrong baby ?” trying to reach for Mina’s hand but she dodged it.

 

“You really don’t know ? What about kissing some random girl on the cheek just now ? Does that ring a bell ?” she said, clearly holding her tears and anger.

 

He laughed it off making Mina becoming more angry and she was about to pinch him on his chest

 

“Look she’s coming” Mina turned around and saw that the lady is walking towards them, holding a guy’s arm.

 

“NOONA ! OVER HERE !” Jeongyeon shouted, waving his hands up and down, and hold Mina by her waist.

 

Wait what did he just call her ?

 

The lady waved back at Jeongyeon and when she arrived at their picnic mat, everyone stood up abruptly and hugged her lovingly with smiles on their face.

 

“Mina, let me introduce to you, my sister Yoo Seungyeon or maybe you know her as Gong Seungyeon” he said, making Mina startled from her thoughts.

 

“Oh hi Mina ! I’ve heard lots of good things about you from my mum ! Guess they really didn’t lie to me about your beauty ! You’re really pretty ! Come here, give me a hug” she urged, walking closer to Mina and gave her a sisterly hug that provide warmth and care.

 

“Hi Seungyeon unnie ! Aww you’re pretty too !” she replied, hanging her head low that she doubted her boyfriend just now.

 

“You’re okay now baby ? She kissed my cheek wayyyyyyy earlier than you did” he whispered to her ears, kissing her cheek and raising his eyebrows playfully at her which she pinched his sides lightly, embarrassed about her not recognizing her boyfriend’s sister.

 

“Wow you really got a good catch Yoong, no wonder mum keeps on bragging about Mina to me, even dad keeps on talking about Mina when I met him last week” Seungyeon said

 

“Ah before I forget, this is my boyfriend, Lee Jong Hyun” and everyone greeted him, with the guys fist bumping him.

 

“Right, we better get going now, we have dinner to catch. See ya later guys ! And Mina, thank you for taking a good care of my brother !” she exclaimed, before linking her arms with Jonghyun and made their move.

 

Jeongyeon looked at Mina when they left, and laughed a little when she avoided his gaze, probably embarrassed that she doubted Jeongyeon’s loyalty to her.

 

“Hey look at me” he said, lifting her chin up, when he saw that she’s about to cry.

 

“I’ll never cheat on you, you got me ? Seungyeon noona couldn’t come during the basketball celebration party because she had shootings at that time, so coincidentally she’s here with her boyfriend, that’s why I wanted to introduce you both since you never met her before”

 

“Aww no worries baby, you’re still my number one” he added in, pulling Mina into his embrace that she always adored and kissed her hair.

 

“Guys, should we make our move now ? It’s getting darker though” Jihyo suggested, and the guys quickly make their way to the bathroom for shower after their sports activity with the girls packing up their stuffs.

 

“How come you look attractive in anything you wear ? I swear to god I feel like gouging those girls’ eyes when they were checking you out” Mina commented, rolling her eyes at him, when her boyfriend is wearing striped shirts with black shorts, with white canvas sneakers, and he wear his cap backwards.

 

“You are the one who bought this for me, remember ? Nah they can only check me out, you got to do this to me” he replied, pecking her lips repeatedly with Mina laughing a little, at their foolish insecurities.

 

“Guys remind me again why are we here and not enjoying the local delicacies ?” Tzuyu asked, when they were inside KFC awaiting for the guys to bring the food to the table.

 

“Because apparently Ms. Chou Tzu, your baby boyfriend insist that he wants to eat fried chicken, so here we are, listening to our baby cub’s request” Jihyo replied, making Tzuyu nodded her head.

 

“Dude, what the hell are you doing ?” Momo asked, squinting his eyes when he saw Jeongyeon tearing the chicken into small bits after they had done ordering foods.

 

“Huh ?” He looked up, trying to get who Momo is talking to, only to find that he was looking at him.

 

“Ah this one ? I’m tearing it so that it’s easier for Mina to eat, since the chicken is hot” he replied, focusing back to tear the chicken into tiny strips.

 

Silence erupted their circle of friends, and everyone turned to look at Jeongyeon when he said those words, making Jeongyeon feel like someone is watching him, much to his surprise, the girls all look at him with sparkles in their eyes.

 

“Why……” he asked, not knowing how to continue those words due to their awkward stare.

 

“That was like the most romantic I’ve ever heard in my life, wow Yoo Romeo” Chaeyoung whistled, admiring the sight in front of him.

 

“Haih…..the longer I see how Jeong treat Mina like a princess, the more I regretted saying yes to Momo earlier” Nayeon sighed, looking at her boyfriend and Jeongyeon alternately, shooking her head multiple times.

 

“Yah what was that supposed to mean Im Nabongs” Momo replied, rolling his eyes at Nayeon.

 

“You really set such high standards for us man, duh let me list, you carried Mina’s bag everywhere we go, you always block the sunlight for Mina, Mina here Mina there, oh my god, what spell that Mina had cast on you though” Jackson added in, checking him up and down, wondering how Mina can tame this buff muscular guy.

 

“It’s a love spell buddy” Jeongyeon winked, flashing a small smile making everyone cooed at his statement and shouted 

 

“GROSS” in unison.

 

“Ketchup, baby ?” he asked which Mina nodded and proceeded to the sauce station, she hung her head real low when the others keep on complimenting how Jeongyeon treated her.

 

It’s true though, Jeongyeon never treated Mina badly after the fight, even if they bicker, Jeongyeon would be the first one to say sorry first, because Mina is quite stubborn in defending her opinion. Every time they go out on date, if Mina ordered some food which is not nice, he wouldn’t hesitant to swap their foods and let Mina eat his meal because the food that he ordered, always taste better.

 

Yoo Jeongyeon, is definitely a keeper.

 

“Stop looking at me like that, geez even my dad still peel off the prawn’s shell for my mum till now” he replied, putting the ketchup and chicken in front of Mina, taking his seat across her.

 

“Guess apple doesn’t fall far from the tree aren’t they ?” Sana said, admiring Jeongyeon being such a gentleman to his girlfriend while the others hummed in unison.

 

“Guys, remember it’s our last day of school and Kyulkyung wanted to take a picture with Jeong, and Mina made them took the photo right in front of her eyes, Yoo Jeongyeon looked like he ted in his pants” Dahyun laughed a little, recalling the memories during their last day of school.

 

“OH MY GOD DUDE I REMEMBER” Chaeyoun added in, high fiving Dahyun.

 

“You know, that’s the very first time I saw J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter