Chapter 11

Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina jerked a little when she felt someone tapped on her shoulder, making her jumped on her seat, holding onto her heart, and felt a huge pang of relief when she saw Tzuyu in front of her.

 

"Oh my god I'm so sorry Mina, did I scare you ?" Tzuyu asked, shocked that Mina's face turned as pale as ghost when she touched her to notify about them going to their boyfriends.

 

"No no no, I just mmm got lost in you know, watching my boyfriend" Mina scratched her nape, smiled sheepishly and cheeks got flushed red when she got caught by Tzuyu that she was staring profoundly at Jeongyeon.

 

Tzuyu smiled when she heard that, who can resist Yoo Jeongyeon anyway ? Her boyfriend is cute, no doubt about that, but it's just something about Jeongyeon that made girls go crazy about him because he is charming in his own way, making him always be on top of his league.

 

"Ah, we're going to them now, want to join us ?"

 

Mina nodded her head, quickly pack all her things and cleaned all the plastic wrappers, throwing them into trash can before following the others congratulating their boyfriends for the electryfying win.

 

Everyone made way when they saw Jihyo, Nayeon, Sana, Tzuyu and Mina walking to the basketball team. Apart of being the significant half of the basketball team, the girls are aces in their respective field too, flaunting their own talent without having one to parade their skills. They are widely known around the schools because Mina is incomparable in ballet, Nayeon in theatre and Sana in the dancing team, with Tzuyu and Jihyo in their capable leadership skills, so they are actually recognized in their own way, and never compare their skills with each other.

 

Jeongyeon, seeing that his girlfriend is approaching him, excused himself politely from the crowd congratulating him, quickens his pace to meet Mina, widening his arms to welcome his bunbun in his embrace, wanting to feel loved and care by the love of his life.

 

“Congrats baby ! I know you can do it, I told you so !” Mina exclaimed excitedly, hugging Jeongyeon tightly when he is in front of her, patting him on his back.

 

Feeling Jeongyeon's body is all sticky and his jersey is dampened from his sweats, she pulled apart from the hug and pulled out the towel inside her bag, wiping the sweats dripping off her boyfriend’s forehead, his arms, and all part that she can reached within.

 

Jeongyeon pulled away a little, giving some space for Mina to wipe his sweats, admiring her loyal commitment on doing her duty as his girlfriend without a single sigh, not to lose sight of her beauty too, at the same time.

 

Passing him a water bottle afterwards, Jeongyeon chugged them all in one gulp, obvious thirst because of running up and down the court, and kissed Mina’s forehead, as a gratitude for always being his number one supporter.

 

"Thank you hun, if it weren’t for your lucky charm bracelet and your prayers, maybe my ankle wouldn’t have recovered that quickly, not to forget the other's too”

 

Mina smiled, fascinated at his constant credits of others when he reached success, not one that is self-centered, eventually being in basketball team did teach him right about spirit of teamwork rather than one man job.

 

“Luckily it was only minor injury, so I got to be on court again even for the last 1 minute” Jeongyeon continued.

 

Jeongyeon always carry Mina’s lucky charm with him, even when he can’t wear it on court, he always put it in his bag, rubbing on the jade lightly before he goes on court, hoping that luck will be on his side, and today, it is.

 

“Mina…actually….actually….I need your permission on one thing…..” Jeongyeon said, scratching the back of his neck, unsure of Mina’s response to this.

 

Mina who is intrigued, did not say a word, and looked up to meet those eyes that melt her heart away every single time, urging him to continue, holding his sides.

 

“Erm there are some girls asked to take picture with me, it wouldn’t be nice right if I decline them, but then I was afraid that you might think of something else, so I said to them that I would need to ask my girlfriend’s permission first on this,” Jeongyeon explained his situation, head hanging low thinking Mina might disagree on this matter.

 

Mina, breaking away from his hold, linked her fingers with his, amused that Jeongyeon actually asked her permission for this matter. His efforts on keeping this relationship work and his dedication to try his best not to break Mina's heart, is something that Mina constantly feel grateful to, not to forget they are each other's first love anyway.

 

I feel flattered.

 

“Sure, go ahead. Only 10 minutes, no more no less” Mina said, wiggling her index finger when she saw that Jeongyeon looked up from the floor, and is about to retort about the time limitation.

 

“And only pictures, you heard me Yoo Jeongyeon, no exchanging phone numbers or more than that” she warned, with her small delicate soft voice, as firm as army giving out his commands to his troop.

 

"Roger that, Ms Myoui. Man, you’re adorable, I think I would’ve die sooner or later appreciating your cuteness” Jeongyeon said, acting like he’s about to pass out, making Mina chuckled.

 

“Thanks baby, you’re the best” Jeongyeon gave Mina a quick peck on her lips, before making his way to his fan girls that wanted to take a picture with him.

 

“Alright ladies, who wants to take picture with the captain ?? I’m single for the next 10 minutes, before back on being someone’s boyfriend” Jeongyeon announced, making all girls raise up their hands, eagerly wanting to have a picture with him.

 

Mina chuckled hearing Jeongyeon’s announcement, clearly not surprised with his fond to brag, who would want to waste this chance of being close to the captain after he is officially off the market. Duh.

 

“Em….hi Mina sunbae-nim, I was actually wondering, I mean, we were actually wondering if we could take a picture with you” making Mina popped out her bubbles when she saw a bunch of guys approaching her, each holding a phone or camera on their hands, wanting to have a memory with her.

 

She stared at them for 5 minutes, calculating her decision, and much to their suprise, Mina nodded her head as she’s also waiting for Jeongyeon to finish taking pictures with his fans, which surely will go more than 10 minutes considering he's the school sought-after guy.

 

So, why not.

 

Everyone frantically waved at their friends, asking them to come up front if they want to have a picture with the school’s black swan, grabbing this once in a blue moon chance, big smiles are plastered on all of their faces, thrilled with Mina's approval of their request.

 

Mina had always rejected taking picture before, because one, for an obvious reason she is shy, and two, she never had the confidence that she’s pretty, but seeing that now the school’s captain has fallen into her arms, maybe Mina’s confidence level had raised up a bar.

 

The crowd circling Mina eventually turn bigger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter