Chapter 18

Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Five..six…seven..eight… ”

 

“Again…Mina ! Wrong turning !”

 

“Alright…five…six..seven..eight..”

 

“Mina ! Again ? Seriously what have gotten into you ?” Mrs Lee scolded, pausing the music, shocked too because Mina rarely makes any mistakes, making everyone turned their attention to her.

 

Feeling burdened by the stares and her focus is somewhere around the Mediterranean sea, “I’m sorry Mrs Lee, but can I excuse myself from today’s practice, I’m not feeling that well” Mina asked, which Mrs Lee agreed, and she excused herself from the crowd.

 

“Should I go to his room to return his umbrella ? I mean, he started talking to me first, which means he’s kinda okay now right ?” Mina thought, pondering up and down her room, calculating her decision.

 

“Knock knock”

“Knock knock”

 

“Jeong ?” Momo asked, when he opened the door, only to find Mina with her hoodie on because outside is still raining, so she’s being extra careful not to get any raindrops on her.

 

“Oh Mina, come on in, it’s cold outside” Momo ushered her into the room.

 

“You’re here for Jeong ? He went out with his mum just now to the clinic, he’ll return in half an hour” Momo said, fully knowing her intention when he saw Mina holding Jeongyeon’s umbrella.

 

“Clinic ? Why did he goes there ?” she asked, not believing her own ears, concern took over her that instantly.

 

“Ah yesterday he gave you his umbrella and told you he had poncho with him right ? Apparently when he checked his bag, it wasn’t there so he came back to the hostel drenched in rain, and after he finished taking shower, he ate ice cream”

 

“Wait, what ? Why did he eat ice cream when it was obviously raining outside?”

 

“Because apparently Ms. Myoui Mina, your boyfriend is a bloody idiot”

 

Mina laughed a little, chuckled hearing that statement which she agreed.

 

“He told me that he missed eating ice cream with you during your first date, he even cried yesterday while listening to your favourite song, mumbling that how you guys almost made up but he messed it up real bad, so he keep on mumbling in his sleep that ‘almost is never enough’ “

 

Momo explained to Mina about Jeongyeon’s situation, how he mumbled in his sleep listening to Mina’s favourite song, Almost Is Never Enough by Ariana Grande & Nathan Sykes.

 

Mina shocked hearing that her boyfriend cried because of this, she thought only she will be crying for this fight, guess they both are crybaby too. Not to mention that Jeongyeon misinterpreted the song real bad too, guess he is, an idiot. Mina smiled a little.

 

“Just talk to him Mina yah, you know how a softie your boyfriend is, maybe he felt terrible shouting at you, Nabongs scolded him real bad too after class” Momo continued, recalling his girlfriend got super mad at Jeongyeon for screaming at Mina, she got that he did it unintentionally, but still.

 

“I got that Jeong is wrong about kicking him first, but Bambam did insult you real bad back there, I would’ve do the same thing too if I were in his place” he added in.

 

Mina sighed, knowing that she was wrong at the first place, putting her face on her hand, obvious sign she doesn’t know how to get Jeongyeon talk to her after she got shouted previous days before.

 

Noticing that Mina rubbing her hands repeatedly to keep herself warm, not to mention Mina looked exhausted too judging by dark circles under her eyes.

 

“Want to get some rest in Jeong’s room ? I bet he won’t mind” Momo offered, worrying about Mina’s current situation.

 

Mina agreed to Momo’s suggestion, badly needing some rest after a long and rough week.

 

Mina walked inside his room, inhaling his scent that he left, clearly missing him. She picked up the frame beside his bed, he really kept his promise about framing the picture that Chaeng took after the finals the other day.

 

She made her way to his study table, looking at the pictures he pinned on the board. He had a picture of his parents on the middle, on the left side is with his sister, on the right side is the picture of 5 of them during freshman.

 

They looked so cute and innocent back then.

 

On top of his parents’ picture is a picture of him when he was young, Mina remembered he told her that was when his father caught him peeing beside the swimming pool, so his dad made him stand outside under the scorching sun with his mum taking the picture.

 

My naughty bugbug.

 

She snapped a picture of that, tracing her fingers about how chubby her boyfriend is when he was a kid, because he loves eating McDonald’s that his father owns, so he sneaked out with his dad a lot to McDonald’s, before his mum found out about this and fed him vegetables every single day, so that he will get a balanced nutrition.

 

Below his parent’s picture is a picture of him with Mina, during a carnival nearby their school. So all of them went on a group date to the carnival to celebrate the boys’ winning, that them both come across this photo booth, and quickly entered inside before the others start barging in later on.

 

First picture was both of them smiling at the camera, second was them both making puffy cheeks, third was they made silly faces, and 4th one which caught Mina by surprise is when he turned Mina’s head around and gave her an eskimo kiss, that Mina flashed her gummy smile very widely. She smiled remembering those moments because she still got shy of Jeongyeon showing his affections, she has gotten used to it by now but still, the reserved side of her still dominating.

 

Mina was about to tear up when she recalled that it has been weeks she hold Jeongyeon’s hand, not to mention they didn’t even talk except for yesterday and the day she urm got shouted by him.

 

Hmph, Mina sighed before plopping herself into the bed.

 

She took her earphone out, scrolling through her playlist and looked for the song that they jammed into when they were back from his house the other day, without noticing that she had dozed off into her deep slumber

 

Bustling sound of the door opening startled Momo when he was in his door ready to go out for a date with Nayeon, he breathed a huge sigh of relief when he saw his roommate in his hoodie, holding medicines in one hand and the other holding some home remedies his mum brought for him.

 

“Yo dude, going out with Nayeon ?” he asked, with his hoarse voice due to sore throat, and coughed a little.

 

“Yeah, how are you ? Feeling better now ?” Momo replied, walking closer to him and put his hand on his forehead to check his temperature.

 

“I got injection just now to reduce it faster, my mum nagged at me like hell man about eating ice cream after got drenched in rain” he said, scratching his nape recalling his mum nagged at him all the way from his school to the clinic about his action

 

Momo laughed, relieved that his temperature was a little bit down than yesterday. He got so freaked out when he saw his roommate wrapped himself in tons of blanket and when he put a thermometer in his mouth, the temperature was worrying them that they called his mum to inform about her son.

 

“Glad you’re getting better now, I swear to God yesterday the 4 of us panicked like hell because of your temperature were so high we thought you’re gonna die, don’t die here will you, I’ll have to answer to so many people especially Mina”

 

Jeongyeon smiled at the mention of Mina’s name, knowing that his girlfriend always cared about him the most, they are both a very organized person, but guys being guys, they tend to take matters very lightly.

 

“Oh by the way, Mina is in your room, I invited her in because she looked exhausted from her practices and maybe from ehem..the fight” Momo said, faking a cough a little when he mentioned about the couple’s fight that had go on for several weeks now.

 

“Talk to her bud, remember you told me about communication is the key to relationship back when I fought with Nayeon ? Explain nicely why you did that to Bambam, I’m sure she will understand”

 

Momo patted him on his shoulder, giving him his moral support from afar because these thing involved them two, so they should confront each other and worked this out. It’s a stupid fight anyway, it’s just that Jeongyeon didn’t want to swallow his pride.

 

“Thanks Hirai, don’t worry that much about me, have fun with Nabongs !” he exclaimed, trying to liften the mood up, hugging Momo for a little while before he made his exit.

 

Jeongyeon walked into his room very slowly, making his steps as light as he could, not wanting to wake Mina up. When he opened the door, he saw his girlfriend snoring softly with earphones on, he could hear which song is she playing because she put the volume to the max, and she wrapped herself in Jeong’s blanket. Clearly missing Jeongyeon a lot because she was wearing his hoodie too.

 

He put his things very carefully on his study table, taking off his hoodie because his temperature is kinda okay now, and dragged his office chair to sit beside Mina, admiring his girlfriend in her sleep, not wanting to wake her up. Her eyes looked puffy too, probably she cried when she was sleeping, because he remembered Momo told him that Mina would cope with her stress by bawling her eyes out.

 

He brushed the strands of hair that fall onto Mina’s forehead, admiring every single inch of her that he missed dearly, and traced his fingers along her face, forgetting that Mina is a light sleeper, unlike him. He paused the song and as lightly as he could, remove the earphones from her ear.

 

Mina stirred from her sleep when she felt someone is touching her, only to find that Jeongyeon is staring intently at her, those loving and caring eyes that were replaced by cold icy stare for the past couple of weeks.

 

Mina stretched her body a little and making Jeongyeon taken aback by surprise, afraid that he might have interrupted her from her beauty sleep.

 

“Oh I’m sorry, did I wake you up ? You can continue sleeping though, I’ll be outside” he said, standing from his chair and ready to walk towards the door.

 

“Wait, we need to talk” Mina urged, not wanting this fight to continue any further because her focus are lost these few weeks, and clearly this fight has taken a toll on her.

 

Jeongyeon knowing that he can’t escape from this situation, sit back on his chair, facing Mina who is now sitting on his bed, head hanging real low.

 

“Jeong……I’m….sorry” she said, sniffing a sob a little, afraid that Jeongyeon might not accept her apologies after she took side on BamBam rather than her boyfriend the other day.

 

“Heyyyy why are you crying baby, I should be the one saying sorry not you, come here” pulling Mina to his embrace, patting her hair with his left hand and running his right hand up and down her back to calm her sobbing state.

 

Mina cried her heart’s out hearing Jeongyeon calling her baby, missing the warmth and tender that radiate from his mouth calling her that, and not to mention, sobbing exaggeratedly when she felt that his body is a little bit hot due to his fever.

 

“I’m sorry baby..I’m..I’m…” Mina cried out, weeping here and there not knowing how to continue her words.

 

“Shh shh don’t be sorry okay, I’m the one who should apologized in the first place, not you, shh shh I still love you, no worries” he said, calming her down and making his dad jokes which make Mina laughed a little in his embrace.

 

Mina pulled out from his embrace, her eyes are all soggy from her tears, looked up to meet his eyes that she loved the most, before burying her head on his chest and hugging him again, not wanting to let him go any second.

 

Jeongyeon laughed with her clinginess, hugging her back as if someone will come and break them apart, hushing Mina to comfort her, letting her vent all her sadness out, and kissed her temple multiple times hoping that his kisses will somehow soothe her down, not caring that Mina’s tears had dampen his shirt.

 

After what it seems like eternity, Mina pulled back again from his embrace, lifting her head up to meet her favourite pair of eyes in this whole wide world, and cupped his cheek, feeling a little bit of tingling sensation from his facial hair, with Jeongyeon put his hands on top of her.

 

“Hi baby” Jeongyeon greeted with a small smile, after he saw that Mina is calmer now, while wiping her tears away, which still running like a waterfall.

 

“Heyyyyyyyyyyyy, oh my god I missed hearing you calling me that” Mina exclaimed, hugging him again and buried herself on his toned chest, and wrapped her hands on his waist.

 

“Baby baby baby baby oo~” he sings with his hoarse and husky voice, though it’s not his usual sweet husky deep yet gentle voice, but knowing that Mina always loved when he serenades her, which girl wouldn’t love anyway when their boyfriend sing for them, he did it for Mina, reenacting Jeongyeon’s sore throat version of Justin Bieber- Baby.

 

Mina laughed at his dorkiness and he sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter