Maknaes with You 2: Making Up with LeaMak

Those Extras the Maknaes Bring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  *(Maknaes with You continuation)

 

      “I didn’t know, a song could somehow seem funny though it was meant to be serious,” Sinb was giggling as she inserted one of her earbuds to Umji’s ear. Umji just stared at her, complying with the action but somehow raised a brow to her friend. She knew the other had been listening to the same song for quite some time now as she heard her hum the same melody for the past hour. “Why does she just find it funny now?” she wondered.
          “I think it’s the same song as last night.” Umji rack her head as she’s sure it was the same melody she heard the night before.


***

          "Thanks unnie.”
          “You know you’re squishy when you’re like this.”
          “I know, so enjoy it while you can, unnie. Good night!”


***


          Umji never expected to find Sinb still up and so engrossed into something when she entered their room. It had been almost an hour when the other had said goodnight to them and goodnight for Sinb is totally goodnight and being straight to dreamland. Much more to her surprise is the fact that the said girl was constantly rubbing her eyes that are wet with tears, humming to a song that is unfamiliar to her.


          “Eunbi-ya, are you alright?” she called out but then was ignored. “Of course, she’s breaking her eardrums again, she has her headset on.” Umji mentally slapped her head. Still unnoticed, Umji decided to sit by the totally focused girl.


          “Yewon-ah!” Sinb gasped when she noticed a figure by her bed.


          “At last, you noticed.” Umji sulkily said. “What are you watching? Are you okay?” she then asked worried that maybe her friend’s tears is not brought by what she is watching but because of the earlier incident.


          “They’re just so cute,” Sinb responded referring to the one she’s watching. Umji saw a glimpse of a kangaroo and an elephant in a still screen of Sinb’s iPad.


          “A cartoon is making you cry? Really? You know you can talk to me.” Umji sounded more worried. Sinb is never one to cry over an animation. She never even cried for that touching moment in Coco when Miguel sang that song his great grandpa always sang for his Mama Coco and tell you, that scene had Umji’s eyes flood and even their unnies’. And now, a kangaroo and an elephant? What could have touched her? Umji had wondered as Sinb was again so pulled in by her iPad, humming to a song- her question, ignored.


          Not knowing what better thing to do, Umji kissed her roommate’s forehead goodnight, reminding the other to not sleep too late. She’ll just let the other be as she knew she’s going through something. That cartoon is her scapegoat. Umji knows better.

          It’s us Yewon-ah! I am Roo, you are Lumpy. That must be why they are so cute,” Sinb let out moments later as if a great revelation just came into her, giggling but then realized the other girl was not on her bed anymore, rather on her own- deep in slumber. “And this is just like us.” she muttered under her breath “Roo not liking Lumpy at first but then made friends with him later.”


          After some tossing and turning on her bed, Sinb decided she can’t fall asleep. Her mind still running with the words she’d let out to her Eunbi unnie. “Pabo Eunbi.” She knocked her head with her knuckles. How could she be so careless with her words?


          With heavy heart, she sat up then lied down again, then sat up again. She didn’t know what to do at the moment. She wanted to apologize so badly but apparently, everybody’s asleep already. Or maybe not. Little did she know two people on the other side of the dorm are still awake.
Not really knowing what to do, she her iPad and scrolled for some random videos on Youtube. Not so random really as she began to enter Winnie the Pooh in the search box.

 

***


Eunha’s POV


    “Hey.”
    A gentle voice had me hold my breath after I heard a knock. I didn’t dare turn to take a look, embarrassed of my state though I know I have to face the owner of the voice sooner than later. I tried to gather my courage as I took a few deep breaths silently hoping it won’t be that noticeable to the one who just entered our room.


    “I-I’m sorry, I think I went too far,” came the voice again as I felt a weight sank by my bed.

“I-I’m sorry u-unnie,” I tried to respond. I just hope she understood my words as I can’t seem to speak clearly. “I’m sorry that I did it when I knew you’re just playing around. I’m sorry that I took them seriously.” I tried again.


I felt so guilty doing it to Sowon unnie, but it was too late to take it back. I knew it from the way she smiled that she’s hurt with my action. I knew it the moment she walked off the stage, Umji trailing behind her, that she’s trying to hold herself up and I knew that she did cry because of me before we even arrived in our dorm.


    In my room, the one shared with Yuju, I wrapped myself in my blanket and burrowed myself in my pillows. There, inside my self-made hiding place, I poured my heart out. I wanted to apologize so badly but I can’t seem to bring myself to at the moment. 

“I understand. I hurt your feelings. I’m sorry again.” I realized she was crying as her voice cracked.


    “Unnie?” I got out of my blanket in panic. My heart fell on a blanket of pine cones and needles as before me, I saw Sowon unnie trying so hard to wipe the tears that had been streaming out of her eyes.

“Sorry,” she said through her tears, her head low- still wiping her face. “Should I reheat it? Or maybe you don’t want it?” she asked a little hesitant. Confused of what she meant, I followed her gaze. Milk. That’s what I saw. I remember Yuju m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter