Knock It! Parcels, Thoughts, Lanterns and Reels

Those Extras the Maknaes Bring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*****

KNOCK IT!

Tok! Tok! Tok!

"Neee?!" Sinb called out from her room as she held her breath, focusing at the task before her. For the past few days, she had been perfecting the art of soldering (It's supposed to be a skill but Sinb begs to differ- she can create a lot of things just with it so, yeah!). Right now, she's just few burns away from attaching some wires. Glory to its neat finish, her creation is a beauty in progress.

"It's me! Can I come in?"

Umji's voice put Sinb to alert mode with her eyes scanning her room- going back and forth from her closet to the things scattered on her desk.

***

A loud thud could be heard outside Sinb's door making Umji to flinch in place.

"Hey! Is everything alright?" the younger girl called out in concern. By the sound of it, Sinb must have bumped herself, most likely her legs, against something AGAIN.

"Y-yeah! Just a little bump on my desk. My door is open by the way. Come in!"

Grinning, rubbing her thigh and with a very red face, Sinb is such a sight for Umji who shook her head approaching her.

"Let me see," Umji said while prying the other's hand just above her knee.

"A little bump, huh?"

With an embarrassed grin, Sinb mumbled a little, "more than a little, I guess?" cowering at the sight of Umji's serious frown directed at her. She bit her lip when a sigh gets out of the other while she caressed the fist-sized bruise forming on her leg.

"Why could you never be careful?" Umji stood up and walked out. She returned with a pack of ice. 

"Come here!" she softly said grabbing the swivel chair where Sinb is while she sat herself on the other's bed. The latter just let the younger put the ice pack on her bruise, hissing at the cold hitting her, contrasting her body's increasing temperature.

"Did I startle you?" Umji asked looking at the older who just shook her head, surprisingly quiet the entire time they were sitting. Concern grew in her even more seeing the red face the other is sporting.

"Hey, are you alright?" she asked patting her cheeks.

"Wh- yeah! Yeah!" Sinb replied, flustered at how close their faces had become. "I- just... hmmm, thank you!" She added with a stutter. Umji's smile and nod put her at ease, thankful that the other did not prod further. She knows to herself that she looked funny just now but who can blame her? She's face to face with an angel after all!

"What are you doing by the way?" Umji asked nodding at the equipment-filled desk of the other. She can only see a kind of wired pen and some wires making her curious at what those are for.

"Well, uhmmm... you see, my father said that I should know how to fix things, right?" Sinb carefully said eyeing her desk though Umji could see that she has a faraway look (which is a very Sinb thing if Umji would say so, thus she never puts much thoughts into it.) Umji nodded waiting for the other to explain further.

"So, here..." Sinb dragged her chair back to her desk and picked up some wires she had been practicing with her soldering iron, "I'm trying to attach them prettily." 

 

*****

PARCELS

 

"Sinb, are you turning into Umji?"

Both girls mentioned looked at the eldest in their dorm. Realization flashed across Umji, sporting a grin as the sight of Sinb balancing four boxes as she entered the door amused her. She turned to her feet and made a beeline to the girl to offer a hand.

"Uhmmm- it's alright Yewon," Sinb cut her off just as she reached for the second topmost box.

"What do you mean it's alright?" she chuckled, successfully getting ahold of two boxes.

"B-be careful. That's a little fragile."

"I know. All the more reason for me to relieve you of these, you clumsy cat."

The smirk on Eunha's face from across the room, confirmed Sinb's stunned face to Umji as she went on without even sparing another look at the latter. For all she knows, the other is trying to form a rebuttal. Well, she's Kim Yewon, she's supposed to win every argument with Hwang Eunbi.

A faint groan followed her to Sinb's room where she carefully put the boxes in front of the door.

 

*****

THOUGHTS

 

"Everything alright?"

Sinb's small jump confirmed one thing to Eunha.

"You're being scary," she remarked closing in to check Sinb's face. Just like any other days, the younger's brows are pulled close, "Thinking too much is scary Hwang Eunbing." She cackled seeing the younger trying to hide her flustered face, rolling her eyes in mock disgust.

"Just because it is for you, doesn't mean it is for me too, unnie."

"Oh! Tell that to me if Yewon has gone over to your room to make you pick her earrings for her from a set of ten."

"Unnie!" Umji stomped out of her room with a pout having heard the older Eunbi's remark. The oldest had made sure to speak loud and clear. Of course, she knows it's meant to and her secret dilemma when picking which earrings to wear. Somehow, her secret was not at all unknown to the older.

"You what?!!" This time it is Sinb with an evil grin painted all over her face growing red from holding her laughter.

"Whatever!" she scoffed but of course the two older girls just giggled at her.

"But hey! That looks great on you!" She didn't know when Sinb did, but suddenly, she can already hear the other's voice near her. She felt the girl fix her hair over her right ear which she then caressed, looking at the earring. In a second, the very hand is already cupping her face.

She looked up to see Sinb smiling gently at her, mouthing "Pretty!" to her. For a moment, she forgot that they are not the only ones in the room.

"Let's go?" Sinb softly asked to which she just nodded at loss for words.

They bade a short goodbye to the eldest who just waved at them as she turned to go back to her room.

 

"Thanks, unnie! You always do pick earrings well." Sinb quickly typed and sent a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter