Bucketload Delivery: A Parcel for You!

Those Extras the Maknaes Bring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"No package today?" My mother greeted me as soon as I got down from my room. A glance at my watch says that it is almost half past ten and indeed our door bell has not rung once for today.

"Eomma, you don't always wait for a package, do you?" I chuckled before taking a gulp of juice my mother handed to me.

"Oh! Don't you?" she replied tilting her head to me like I am still the 5 year-old girl she used to pepper with morning kisses.

"Eh?"

"You know, you can't deny the blush that always colors your face when you receive them." She remarked with a wide grin and an arched brow as I indeed try to hold my blush from just thinking of the past few days... not few really as I have been counting and yesterday was the 42nd box I stashed in the storage room.

****

It started just a day after her birthday.

 I woke up to my mother knocking and entering my room with a bunch of flowers and a notecard along with it.

"Omona! Omona!" my mother exclaimed setting the bouquet on my bed as I got up to sit. "What is so special about today? Do you mind sharing it sweetheart?" she asked with a grin thinking it could be one of those special number days in a relationship.

"What do you mean, eomma?" I said eyeing the flowers before me with confusion. 

"Flowers, a greeting card... could it be for the 1000th day?" she thought out loud.

"I don't think we are there yet?"
 
"Then why?" she asked to which I just shrugged because, honestly I didn't know at that time, too. Just then, I noticed my phone and saw that my messaging app is still open at the last message she sent.

 

thanks for giving me an idea today
wake up with a smile tomorrow
I love you <3

 

"This maybe?" I showed that message to my mom to which we both giggled- in my case, twitterpated by the morning sweetness.
 

*****


"But still, Eomma..." I countered, covering my face as I slump my head on the kitchen counter.

"Why? I am always glad to see your face with that smile of yours." 

"You know, I'm already happy with a good morning message from her." I abashedly said thinking of the message I woke up to just now. Because unknown to anyone, every morning message she sends is just not short of anything special. It is always with love and dedication that she writes them that sometimes I wonder what I have done to deserve her.

*****

 

A couple of days after the bouquet incident, my father teased me about how could someone feel so loved with a seaweed soup delivery. Because indeed, no one has b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter