A Day Full of Frustrations (plain version)

Those Extras the Maknaes Bring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At times like this, a bit longer limbs would really be of good use. My arms can’t even reach out that far, a few centimeters to my legs would at least cut my dilemma. Or maybe it’s the table’s fault that’s it’s significantly away from the couch. Or my fault that I put that heck of a drink there. Oh goodness gracious! My throat’s drying as is my whole mouth in drought.

I.

Need.

That.

DRINK!

                For a few minutes now, I’ve been trying to get hold of the bottled lemon drink- my favorite, which I placed on the center table in our living room, but to no avail. I feel mocked as the drink just moved further away the moment my toes accidentally pushed it when I’m trying to grab it with them.

Why are my legs so inconveniently short?

How easy would this be for Sowon unnie?

Even Yerin unnie’s legs would surely be gratified or even Umji’s in situations like this. I’m so frustrated right now that all I could do is just sit and watch the water vapors racing down the bottle to the table as I try to alleviate my thirst with my salivary glands.

Help is coming. A loop playing in my brain.

And indeed, it is.

I am near collapsing when I heard our apartment’s door open.

What a relief.

                “Thank God unnie, you’re home!” I didn’t have to turn around to know it was Sowon unnie who came as her familiar footsteps, I could clearly hear approached the couch. “Unnie, please hand that drink for me. I’m dying!” anyone who’ll HEAR me would surely speak of my indolence just as how Sowon unnie started her reply.

                “Yahh, couldn’t you ju…oh!” she closed the moment she SAW.

“Here.” She handed me the drink which I so gratefully received I could even have said, “I owe you my life, unnie!”

                “Is she alright?” Sowon unnie then asked as her eyes remain by my shoulder. Not my shoulder really, but the girl’s head resting on my shoulder.

                You heard it right. Of course, I’m not one to thirst myself to death just because I’m too lazy to stand up and move a little bit more muscles. There was a reason I cannot move freely at my will. That reason my dear, is none other than the little Eunbi who missed her parents and seek comfort in my embrace and has now her limbs tangled at my body-her arms on my waist, her legs on my lap.

 

                “I didn’t know I’ll have my quality time with my girlfriend taken away from me by some beagle.” Sowon unnie sneered as she entered her room to which I just chuckled.

                I was playing my usual game in my iPad when Sinb approached me on the couch, dragging her blanket with her. “Unnie I’m bored.” she had said.

                “Want to watch Harry Potter?” I had asked her to which she just shook her head. Well, not really a surprise to me. Being bored to Sinb actually means a lot of different things.

She just actually wants to watch Harry Potter, (Yeah, that was the first option and you already know it) and needed someone to watch it with her, just because...; She wants to eat something (something more likely she doesn’t really know and needed some suggestions); She’s in her beagle mode but has no one to play with (and today there’s no Yerin unnie nor Yuna unnie for her and neither is there Yewon); She misses her parents; She would want to go out but as the homebody she is, she’s lazy to do so and would need some push.

I had deduced today that it’s the fourth option. How? She had a negative response to Harry Potter- her favorite movie. She dragged with her, her blanket showing how lazy she is for the day and she hasn’t showered yet meaning it’s not likely for her to go anywhere. If you’re still not convinced, well let me say, she’d been peeking at her phone every now and then before she fell asleep on my shoulder.

“At times like this, I wonder how that innocent-looking beagle becomes savage. Oh, she looks so squishy.” That was Sowon unnie now in more comfy clothes, giggling to herself as she occupied the space beside me, staring intently to none other than Hwang Eunbi.

“She’s squishy and you’re squishing me,” I groaned in complain as I’m literally sandwiched between these two girls who are obviously bigger than me. Add to it that Sowon unnie had crossed her right arm over to slightly pinch Sinb’s cheeks, the other, she wrapped around my waist.

“Wait ‘til you wake her up, she’ll eat you alive.” One could tell how she really adores Sinb in her sleeping state.

“I actually missed my savage kid.” Sowon unnie snickered. “Should I wake her up?” she asked wiggling her eyebrows.

“Leave my kid be.” I slapped her hand that’s ready to do its thing.

“Okay.” She sounded defeated but to my great surprise, she left a peck at the corner of my lips before she leaned back to her seat. Such a tease. I breathe deep to calm my shaken nerves.

“Let’s get her to her room and spend time with me,” the whiny, childish side of Kim Sojung- you just saw it.

“Not gonna happen.” I declared, my hands busy fumbling my iPad trying to distract myself even more from the pleading giraffe beside me.

“I’ll just spend my quality time like this, then.” She relaxed herself leaning on me this time, her legs stretched, resting them on the center table.

 

How jealous I am of her to do that. Don’t tell me she’s reminding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter