Freefall

Fonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13 | Freefall

Seulgi wakes up from her arm feeling numb. She sees Joohyun still sleeping in the same position before they went to sleep last night. She very carefully pulls her arm from under the crook of Joohyun’s neck. She successfully pulls it and feels the blood rush to her numbing limb. She feels the pricking sensation rushing through it. Her wife squirms and winces repeatedly. She now knows that Joohyun is such a light sleeper. Seulgi sits up trying to feel her arm.

“Good morning, babe!” Joohyun says as she looks at Seulgi tenderly. Last night she confessed she was already falling in love with this person whom she woke up in bed with.

“Good morning!” Seulgi replies as she massages her arm with her other unharmed hand.

“Oh, my! It’s my fault. I fell asleep on your arm.” Joohyun sits up and grabs Seulgi’s arm and massages it herself.

“We should probably do it again tonight,” Seulgi says without any sign of sarcasm. “To practice and get used to it. You seem to like being hugged like that. I can try and compromise.” She smiles at Joohyun. Her wife looks so pretty without makeup. She begins to feel awed and stares at her wife’s face. “You look your prettiest when you wake up next to me.”

Joohyun sees this and says, “I haven’t even rubbed the crusts in my eyes and you still think I’m pretty?”

“Trust me, you look pretty. In my eyes at least.” Seulgi jokes. “We should do some paragliding today. The weather seems perfect.” It is indeed sunny outside. The sun’s rays are perfectly beaming Joohyun’s face.

“Paragliding? I’m afraid of heights. Can we do something else instead?” Joohyun says in worry.

“We should go skydiving instead,” Seulgi suggests.

“Didn’t I just tell you I’m afraid of heights?” Joohyun insists.

“Yeah, but we can skydive together. If you’re going to choose from the two, I would suggest that you pick the scarier one.” Seulgi says excitedly. “We can ride together. Don’t worry. I got you. I’m a member of the United States Parachute Association. I will skydive with you.” She continues to persuade Joohyun.

“Don’t you have to do a minimum number of jumps for that? How did you find the time to do that?” Joohyun seems baffled. She needs a way out of this.

“When my mother died before I went to college, I wanted to do some distraction. I found myself booking a skydivi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter