Honesty

Between You and Him

 

 

 

As usual, Jennie would have her part-time job at one of the cafes near the school they attended. Other girls notified her that she was going to do a study group at the cafe and Jennie agreed with it. 

At the very least, she could study in her rest time. Killing two birds with a stone, people said. 

"There's no Chaeyoung today?" Jennie sought  
the question to the two girls who attend the study group. 

They looked up towards Jennie and shrugged their  
shoulders.

"She said she had something to do at the house, so she couldn't come," One of them answered promptly. 

"What kind of problem?" 

"I don't know." 

"Hi, Jennie," The other girl greeted her. 


As soon as they had done, the girls focused back on the book as if Jennie never exist in the first place, "Are you really her friend?" Jennie urged.

They inadvertently triggered by the question. 

"It's not only study group, but she hasn't come to school for a few days. Don't you think you guys should know the reason why? Aren't you worried about her?" 

"Jennie-yah, that---" 

The other girl ruthlessly cuts her friend's words, "
Yah, if it's like that, you're the one who should think about it. What the hell is wrong with Jung Jaewon?" 

Jennie frowned severely, "What's with him?" 

"He's just playing around Park Chaeyoung, isn't  
he?" 

The controversial statement startled Jennie at once. 

"How can he attend those parties and concerts so easily? And also going abroad as much as he wishes? He told Chaeyoung that he's going to introduce her to his friends that were artists, model--- And also, what? Producer?" 

She snorted indignantly, "What is his identity, though? A kid from a rich family? If he is, why does he attend our school?" 

Jennie's eyes were terribly shaking, due to the bombarded question given to her. 

"Answer it, Jennie Kim. Is it real? That he's rich?" 

She stayed quiet instead of answering. 

"Huh, you can't answer it? You're just like us, so don't claim yourself as her friend," She bluntly told while crossing her arms.

"Guys, don't fight~!" 

"She started it first!" The girl rolled sluggishly her eyes. 

"But about Chaeyoung, If it's not because of Jaewon too, she has become really weird," The other girl declared, "Her grades are dropping. And she always acts likes we never exist." 

"About the part-time job. Though it's a rumor, I won't let it go." 

"Ah, then is it real?" 

Jennie clenched her fist, "What about that? Did she really need to ask your permission for doing a part-time job?" 

Seriously, why people need to evaluate those students who are doing a part-time job while studying? 

"Are you kidding me? You know that's not what I mean!"

"She told us that her father is an executive at large company, he had his own 
officetel under his name. She said it by herself," She continued bitterly, "Why would she have a part-time job if she was born as a princess?" 

"I've been suspicious about her from the start. She claimed that she stayed abroad since she's a child so that's why there are none of her childhood pictures existed," The girl levelled her eyes, "Well, she did lie. I will never let her go."

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

08
Honesty

 

 

The next day went like usual. Going to school is almost like an ordinary routine for every single student exists in the world. 

But today, something unexpected happened when they're greeted with a board that fills with someone's past pictures. 

"Wow," Some of the students exclaimed scornfully when they saw it, "Is this really--- Park Chaeyoung?"

The past Park 
Chaeyoung wasn't like the one she is now. The pretty Park Chaeyoung didn't exist before. All she had was a plump cheek, with fats all over her body, nerd glasses and that's not all. 

Everyone hated her in the past.

Not enough with her past appearance, someone actually brave enough to intentionally reveal all the shameful secrets she had been hiding before. About her family being rich when in fact, her mother is just an owner of a small Korean food restaurant.

"Heol, she changed her name too. It's not kidding."

"She must be an outcast."

The news has already been spread to the whole school, and everyone could see it on their phone.

Not to miss it, Jennie and Hanbin who just come to the school received the same message as the others.

"Heck, what is this?" Hanbin frowned to see the unusual things appeared on Jennie's phone screen.

And all Jennie could think was... how down Chaeyoung could be at this very moment.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

While on the other side, Mijoo currently enjoying the view she had on the screen. 

"Wow, it looks great. A . Only now your true 
colours being shown, huh?" She snorted indignantly, looking smilingly at the news.

Hanbin, who just arrived at the hall with Jennie startled to hear the statement came out from Mijoo, "Are you the one spread it?" He urged. 


"What are you going to do if it's me?" Mijoo raised both of her eyebrows. 

The boy frowned impatiently, "Why did you do that?!"

Mijoo giggled hysterically, "What? The one that lies is at fault, right now," She undoubtedly continued.

"Mijoo!!!"


The girl then leaves the scene but before that, she merely managed to solemnly declare a thing, "It's not me who did it," She told Hanbin.

While the other kids were busy talking on how great if they could spread the terrible things even more. Seriously, why do people really love it when something bad happened to someone else?

"Let's upload it on our blog."

Hanbin scoffed, "
Yah, what the hell do you think you're doing? You shouldn't do that!"

"Just leave us alone, Hanbin," One of the boys stated.

"You couldn't do that. It's a crime!" Hanbin claimed. 

The other boys there then dragged his friends away, "Just leave him alone. He didn't worth it."

And Jennie... she's spacing out.

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

Jennie invariably found out the place where Chaeyoung could be now. She apparently hides from everyone due to what happened. 

The girl gently twisted the doorknob and took a peek to see no one. But she's sure, Chaeyoung is somewhere around here. 

Jennie went inside and could see someone was carefully hiding behind the white wall, "Just don't say anything. I don't care," Chaeyoung initiated first.

"B-But, Chaeyoung-ah---" Jennie tried mightily to have a reason with the girl.

"I said don't say anything!!!" The girl shouted, startling Jennie, "You guys know nothing about it."

Tears started to stream down her rosy cheeks as if she has been waiting for it the most.

"Jung Jaewon---I have known him since we're in middle school."

The news flustered Jennie. Since they weren't in the same school before, so she didn't know about it. It totally a new story for her.

"I can't even get any closer to him," Chaeyoung started to talk, "No, actually, he didn't let anyone be close with him."

Chaeyoung gritted her teeth.

"But that one time when I dropped my purse and he picked it up for me. I already know that he wasn't a bad boy. Just, he had something he wants to hide from people."

She continued soberly.

"He just told me to be careful. That's all, but I already fell too deep for him. That's the only reason why I keep trying to be pretty like crazy so that I could look good in front of him."

Chaeyoung paused thoughtfully for a while, instantly meeting her eyes with Jennie.

"Now that we're together, I don't care about anything else more. I just want him. That's all I need," She promptly declared.

 

 

 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

 

 

As soon as they had done with school, ignoring Hanbin, Jennie rushed herself to somewhere only she knows. She reached in front of a brown door as she pressed on the bell.

The wait isn't that long when within a few seconds, the door revealed to see the one she wants to talk with at the moment.

"What are you doing here at my house?" The tall guy asked, "And your face didn't look so good, either. Whatever it is, it's good to see you here. Come in," He invited the girl.

The girl stared right into his eyes, "You weren't sincere, right?"

"Wh--What?" He frowned portentously in confusion.

"No, actually among all of those people you have 
dated, there's not even once, you're sincere, right? Wasn't it your hobby to play with someone else's feelings and throw it away just like that. Am I right?"

The boy snorted, "What the heck, if you're here to nag me just stop---"

"Stop it, Jung Jaewon."

She sternly stared right into the boy's eyes.

"Not Chaeyoung. You shouldn't do that to her."

"Why? Why can't I?" Jaewon asked bluntly.

Jennie scoffed, "Why the hell do you think you couldn't--- Jung Jaewon, you---"

Before she could ever continue, Jaewon forcibly seized one of her hand, elevated it up and inevitably brought the girl closer to him.

"Ouch," Jennie groaned in pain due to the grip Jaewon had on her hand.

"You're loud, Jennie Kim," He declared right in front of her face, "Who are you to tell me what I should do?"

"Do I still look like a kid?" He continued grimly, "It's up to me. No matter what I do, it's all up to me."

Jennie gritted her teeth; her eyes were shaking, "Let me go," She snapped asunder her hand from Jaewon.

"Listen to it carefully. You knew all about it from the start. You brought her to me knowing what I was like."

His lips curved upward producing a slight smile.

"Don't run, Jennie Kim. You should see what you did till the end," He merely paused, "Ah, you can regret it too. Maybe for a long time?"

Jennie knows... she made a mistake. A big mistake. And there's no way to undo it.