Chapter 7

His Girl

 

Luna was sitting on one of the table and sighed “I’m so bored~” she whined. I looked over at her “Well what do you want us to do?” I asked. She sat up and looked at me “entertain me!”

“So you’re expecting us to stop working and pay attention to you?” Daehyun asked while raising one of his eyebrows.

“Well that was what I meant” Daehyun scoffed and watched Himchan walking towards us.

Himchan sat next to Luna and gave her his signature smile “I can entertain you” he said. Luna ignored him and got her phone out “I wonder what Onew oppa is doing” she said while typing something on her phone.

“Aish! First you act innocent now you’re acting like a…a…”

“Fox?” Daehyun said finishing Himchan’s sentence. Himchan smiled at him like he said the right word.

“Exactly a fox!”

“Wait, are you calling Luna y then?” I asked. They all turned their heads towards me then Daehyun. His eyes widened and his face was turning red.

“I see why Riley thinks that.” Luna looked back at Daehyun “Oppa, do you like me?” she smiled up at him. Daehyun started panicking and looked over at me. I gave him a look saying what? The girl that Daehyun likes can’t be Luna because this is the first time they met. Unless its love at first sight….nah!

“Ani I don’t like you” he said. Luna pouted “That’s sad I was actually hoping you would” she said. I looked at her and pointed my fingers at her “YA! Have you forgotten about Onew?!” this girl is really giving me a headache.

“Riley you should know I would never live Onew so stop freaking.” She looked back at her phone and smiled at something. Probably Onew.

Hours passed and it was time to close up the café.

“Hey Riley have you heard of Yongguk yet?” Luna asked out of nowhere. I shook my head and stacked up the last chair. “I guess he’s busy”

“Well can you blame him” Himchan said. He put finished counting up the money we earned today and put in back in the cashier machine. To tell you the truth I don’t even know why he’s not round all he said was that he was reuniting with old friends.

“Do you guys know what he’s doing?” I asked. Daehyun looked at me and frowned “You don’t know?” he asked. I shook my head as an answer.

“He used to be in an underground _____ called Soul Connection” Luna sat up straight when Himchan said that. Does that mean Jieun when to see Yongguk?

“They are just doing a small stage thing for people who are still their fans” Himchan continued “I’m surprised he didn’t tell you” he mumbled. Luna walked over at me and nudged me “Do you think that’s the reason why Jieun went?” she asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

It’s not like I know why she would go and so what if she did go to see Yongguk. It’s not like anything will happen. But why do I feel uneasy?

 

Daehyun’s POV

Himchan locked up the café and turned to us.

“Well I’m going now. I’m meeting up with Onew” Luna hugged Riley goodbye and waved at me. “Wait let me walk you!” Himchan said. I looked over at him like he was crazy; he noticed “What? I want to see how good her boyfriend is” he said and walked with her

Riley scoffed “Is he always like this?” she asked.

I shrugged “Depends on his mood” she laughed and waved me goodbye.

“I’ll see you tomorrow” with that she walked away but I followed behind. She slowly stopped and looked at me. “Wae?” I asked

“Why are you following me?” she asked.

“Well because I don’t want you to get hurt again” I said while rubbing the back of my neck. She looked at me confusedly. Does she not remember? Again

“Remember you were attack 2 days ago”

Riley gasped and snapped her finger “Your right! I kind of forgot about that” she laughed nervously and scratched her head. I seriously don’t understand how she can forget something so freighting, especially for a girl. But then again it’s cute the way she’s acting right now.

“Gaja” I started walking but she stopped me.

“Y-you don’t need to walk me home” she said. She’s stuttering, doesn’t she want me to?

“Why not?” I asked.

“I don’t want to be a burned so just go” she kept pushing me the other way but stood still trying to figure out why she doesn’t want me to walk her. But then I got it.

I stood in front of her and looked her in the eyes “are you embarrassed?” I asked.

She took a few steps back and looked at me “A-Aniyo! That’s not it. It’s just t-that—“

“Then why are you stuttering?”

“You’re not going to leave are you?” she asked. I shook my head; she sighed and started walking with me following her.

We walked for 15 minutes or so and stopped in front of a flat. I looked up at it and wondered what she was embarrassed of.

“What’s wrong with this?” I asked while pointing at the flat.

“Ani that’s not my house, it’s the one on the top” she pointed to the rooftop house above the flat. I looked over at her “How can you fit in there with your family?” I asked, I tried my best not to make it sound rude but by the look of her face it was.

“It’s not that small when your living on your own” she said, she took out her keys out of her bag and looked over at me “Anyways thanks for dropping me off, bye Daehyun” she was about to walk up the stairs but I held her back. Riley looked down at my hand that was holding her wrist and then back at me.

“Where’s are parents?”

“My mother passed away” she said while looking down at her feet. Now I regret asking her, she’s probably still not over the fact she’s gone. Maybe I shouldn’t ask about her father.

“I’m sorry” I said. She shook her head “It’s not like it was your fault right?” she smiled at me but I could tell it was a fake one.

“You know if it makes you feel any better, I lost my father as well”

Riley looked at me like I was crazy.

“What?” I asked.

“How the heck does that make me feel better?!” she shouted. I shrugged my shoulders “I don’t know, maybe because we’re on the same boat” I said.

“But there’s still a difference between our boats. You’re a big cruise ship and mine is a small row boat” she said.

“Then I rather be in your boat, trust me.”

It got quite until Riley burst out laughing “What is this? Why are we talking about boats?” she said. I smiled at her. I was the one making her smile like that and it feels good.

“You better go in” I said. She nodded and waved me goodbye before walking up the stairs.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I didn’t look over this so sorry if there is any mistakes~

Don’t forget to comment!