Chapter 10

His Girl

 

Zelo ran after Yongguk with Jieun following behind. “Hyung! What happened?” he asked. Zelo kept asking question getting Yongguk more ticked off without knowing. Yongguk halted and turned to face Zelo.

“Zelo, can you just shut up for once!” Yongguk shouted causing Zelo to look at him in shock.

“S-Sorry, I’ll leave” he said while walking away. Yongguk felt bad and wanted to call him back but he was already gone. Leaving Jieun with him. Jieun thought that it was not time to go with her plan as Yongguk was vulnerable now. She walked towards him and stood in front of him. “There was no reason to lash out on Zelo.” Jieun said, pretending to care for Zelo.

“I know I didn’t mean to. I was—I just...” Yongguk didn’t know what to say. He was completely confused at what was going on. How can things just turn our like that. Jieun rested her hand on his arm “What happened? You can tell me Yongguk.”

He hesitated for a bit wondering if he could trust her but in the end he did. Jieun pretended to be shocked and angry. “How could she?! Did she forget that she was with you or something?!” she said.

“Jieun calm down”

“No! She hurt you Yongguk.” She looked him in the eyes “And I don’t think I can forgive her for that” she said. Without knowing they came closer making their shoes touch. “Why do you care so much” He whispered.

“Because I still like you” she leaned in and rested her forehead on his. Yongguk being confused and hurt didn’t think that what they were doing was bad, with their lips just inches away from each other.

 

 

The next day in the café it was hardly busy. Yes a lot of people came at lunch hour but it’s just been quite now. Daehyun left early because his mum called him while Himchan and Riley were still there waiting around for any more costumers.

Riley was sitting in one of the table while looking through her phone. She’s been waiting to hear anything from Yongguk as he was coming back tonight but she got nothing. She sighed and put her phone back in her pocket.

Himchan walked out the kitchen with a bag of cookies and Daehyun’s stuff. He walked towards Riley and dumped the stuff on her lap.

“What is this?” she asked while picking it up and putting it next to her.

“Cookies and things Daehyun forgot to take with him. So could you maybe bring this to his house?” he asked.

“Are you closing up?”

“Yup now go before you miss Yongguk” he said and winked at her.

Riley rolled her eyes and got ready to leave before saying bye to him. Riley followed the address that Himchan gave her and soon found herself back in his house. She pressed the button next to the gate causing it to make a buzzing noise.

“Hello?” a voice came out from the speaker above the button.

Riley cleared before speaking “Umm is Daehyun there?” she asked.

“Who is this?”

“Riley. I work with him”

There was a minute of silence before the gate opened. Riley walked up the hill and up the steps towards the door of the house. Before she could knock on it someone opened it. “Miss Riley?” asked one of the maids. Riley nodded and she told her to follow her.

They walked in the house and went up the steps. It took a while before they arrived at Daehyun’s room. The maid knocked on it “Sir you have a guest” she said and stepped aside. Daehyun opened the door “Come in” he said and walked back inside with Riley following behind.

“Come in? No hi’s?” Riley asked.

“Why are you here?” Riley frowned at him and put his stuff on his bed. “You forgot this at work” she said. “It seems like you’re in a bad mood so I’ll leave.” Before she could get to the door Daehyun grabbed her wrist causing her to turn and look at him. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to It’s just that I just had an argument with my stepdad”

Riley felt like going up to that man and give a few punches but kept her cool. He ruined his and her and her mother’s life doesn’t mean he should do the same to Daehyun.

“What was it about?” she asked. Daehyun told her that it didn’t matter and that they should change the subject. “Umm I brought cookies. But I kind of ate some along the way so your left with one” Riley gave him the last piece and he chuckled “Have it” he stuffed it in gently.

She took a bite from it “You could of just given it to me you know. You could of just—Oh” She said.

“What?”

“You’re not wearing your mask today” Daehyun rolled his eyes at what she said. She always seems to point that out he thought. Daehyun looked back at her and noticed that she had some crumbs on the bottom of her lips. Without thinking Daehyun reached out and whipped it of but kept his finger on her lips.

Riley was like a statue, completely shocked with the sudden skin contact. Daehyun's hand rested on her cheek. This snapped Riley back to reality. She moved back making Daehyun’s hand fall to his side. “I—I got to go” she said without making any eye contact.

“I like you”

Riley looked at him in shock “What?” she asked. She wasn’t sure if she was hearing right.

“I like you” he said once again.

“I’m with Yongguk.”

“I saw you first!”

Riley frowned, not understanding what he meant by that. Daehyun took note of that and sighed. “Two month ago we met. At the café” he continued “the two drinks you ordered. When I burned myself, you seriously can’t remember?” Daehyun started to get frustrated and annoyed at this. At how she might not even remember that day. He had a few more questions in his head but wanted to wait till she tells him that she remembers.

Riley thought about it for awhile. As it was two month ago it would be hard to remember. But it finally clicked. “I remember.”

Daehyun’s hope started to grow “You bought two drinks. Who was the other one for?” he asked.

“Luna’s”

Then it was the last question that he had in his mind since Yongguk introduced her as his girlfriend. “Who did you meet first? Me or Yongguk?”

“Does it matter?”

“Yes it does!”

“No it doesn’t because I’m with Yongguk. Not you Daehyun.”

Daehyun scoffed “You like me too just say it! If you say it you won’t be wasting time and—“

There was a knock on the door causing Daehyun and Riley to turn towards it.

It was Daehyun’s stepdad aka Riley’s dad. Both Daehyun and Riley looked away not wanting to face the man. “Why are you here Jeff? Can’t you see I have company?” Daehyun asked.

“Well you should know that this guest here is the reason why you are in trouble.” Jeff said. Riley gave Daehyun a questionable look. She didn’t understand how she was the reason why Daehyun was in trouble because of her.

Daehyun avoided her eyes and looked at his stepdad. “Can’t you leave?” Daehyun asked him. “I need to go anyway” Riley said.

“No not you—“

“Bye Daehyun. See you at work”